Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen Seiki

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 12:17 PM
Tech Adept

A word of advice... from one webmaster to another.

There have been plenty of times that I wanted to unload on some company and use one of my websites as a medium to do so. But... if you want your website and yourself to be respected and viewed as a valued resource on the web. You have to put your personal issues aside. I'm not saying that you should not write what you want to, just make sure it's worded properly and try to stay objective.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

That's great and all that you strive for perfection. But this has nothing to do with striving for perfection. It has to do with simply ordering a new part from wherever it may be. But maybe you should start striving for perfection on the art of thinking before opening your mouth and getting into confusion with others.... if you understand what I mean. My cars are as about as perfected as a r/c car can get, and you can ask anyone I race with but I don't want to open my mouth too loudly. Sorry if I come off as a jackass.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yea I hope they do send me a defective $5 dollar part too. I'll make sure to send a picture through email and all just to prove I couldn't really care less about a $5 dollar part. I'm not a total cheap skate like you that spend 1k plus on a kit but can't spend 5 bucks on a little plastic part. Please stop trying to hump a free part out of Mugen...you're making yourself look like a slut.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm out for now...I hope I have better things to do than sit around here bickering with someone with such stupidity.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by chorner
I take pride in everything I build and do, I strive for perfection.

Perhaps some of you do not ever care about acheiving such a goal?
So maybe this was not labeled for me, but I feel I'd like to say that I agree with you here. However, the only place I seek perfection for is on the track... my friends and local racers can vouch for that by my efforts and abilities.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:38 PM
Tech Adept

Manbik,

I agree, and that is good advice, and advice to be taken.

I shall have to practice more caution expressing opinions on my own site; that I know.

I will however, express every opinion I have to its fullest, and allow the same to be said from any users who choose to sign-up for the eventual forums on my site. I will not be nice, nor fake about any of the experiences which is one of the reasons I have chosen to start a site up.

If somebody expresses opinions in this matter over at my site when in place, it will however not be modereated to remove or ban posting on the content. With exceptions of course. Extreme derrogatory remarks, extreme foul language and all out bashing of individuals will of course not be tolerated. Also, any mention of teenage boys and their hard -earned- pennis will have to be banned

Im2lazy, thats awesome ... can't go wrong trying to be the best dude.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

This is what happens when you buy a imitation (mbx5) instead of the real thing (kanaii). Kyosho has the brains to design their sideguards better (no lock-nut).
Old 08-20-2003, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

lol ... worthington, I was thinking the exact same thing throughout the build process

I've come across more than a handful of stupid oversights in the design of the kit ... wonder how well the infamous Kanai fares ... its more expensive; perhaps for a good reason. I did however figure Mugen produced a great kit ... maybe I should have learned my lesson from the MTX3
Old 08-20-2003, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

lol,

Robbie man ... how could I have used TOO MUCH force if the screw is only HALF WAY IN. Its just to the point where it meshes the plastic in the lock nut.

I used too much force? What do you think the moulded recess is for? You cannot use anything to hold the lock nut because of the plastic which is supposed to keep the locknut in place so you can screw it in.

Not to mention, I'm not incompetent when building. I spent pretty much my entire 1st year in Computer Engineering soldering and designing circuit boards with theory, and the math behind it. If you think I cannot follow directions, and cannot put something together you're crazy.

There are atleast 4 mistakes in the manual as well .. showing installation of parts backwards, or half-baked. Step 21, a part is shown backwards ... where you put in the plastic bushings in the hinge pin holders ... backwards -unless theres supposed to be 2mm of slop??-

This is rediculous. I already paid for a WORKING product ...

Give me a friggen break .... I half half the mind to friggen sell all my junk and get out of this hobby. Ridiculous. Between lack of good support, half-bummed efforts of LHS's and local race tracks here, and the attitude of everybody ... what a JOKE.

Support, what support? Problems with quality control in every kit to date .. ALWAYS some little problem or stupid design with each of them.

Robbie C, if you could kindly give me the name of your superior, and the number to contact him it would be appreciated.

There are MANY other companies -and not just RC- that would gladly send you a cheap plastic replacement NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Go to any store, buy something .. see how easy it is to return it.

At least they would do, is take your darn credit card number so that if you 'tried' to screw them over, they could just charge you for the part .... and I know Mugen is capable of taking my credit card number for a spare part

What a joke .....

I started out being nice, and Robbie as well as Kris would probably have agreed (as seen in the previous posts) that I approached the situation with a level head .. but now I'm pissed; so forget that.

Go buy a new part ... you mean like the bearing that was shot and grinding that came with my MTX3 before I ever installed it and was sick of waiting for support from Mugen the first time, so I had to buy the part myself??

Consider Mugen to now be in the better business bureau database.
Our policy is our policy, like we said over the phone send in the side gard and we'll send out a new one.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

btw, Robbie C

Associated doesn't have a problem sending out replacements for defective parts on NEW kits unused without you sending in the parts and they are not out of business are they?

You file a legitimate complaint, and they treat you with respect and ship out the parts ASAP no futher nonsense or money from you required.

Get the clue.

Proper business (like with computers!) if you're new Seagate HDD is defective, you give them your credit car dnumber and they ship you a replacement IMMEDIATELY, then when you get the new HDD you take out the origional defective unit and ship it to them within 30 days ....

EVERY company operates this way. Apparently not this one, or other 'hobby' business?

brutal

Whose your boss?
Mr. Shimizu
Old 08-20-2003, 01:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

chorner
can you please change your name to moaner!! boy are you a prat how do you expect help? i flushed better things down my toilet then you!!
Old 08-20-2003, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Manbik ...

"I want to try and offer a solution.

Since shipping it back to Mugen would probably cost as much as buying a new part....

Since you need the part to race soon....

Pull the nut off, slap a washer under it so it doesn't sink into the plastic more and reassemble. Now you can run it and just buy a new one to replace it."

That is exactly my point.

I have to PAY either way for a replacement part which should have been fine to begin with.

This is why I am upset after just purchasing the kit; paying for shipping and customs fees.

So I mays well just go and buy myself a new side guard .. lucky me!

This is why Associated just sends you the part
This will be my last reply on this matter, number we are not like Associated or any other manufacture we have our own policy that we follow, number two we do send call tags for legitemet defects.

With that being said this is not the case.
Old 08-20-2003, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

QUOTE:Give me a friggen break .... I half half the mind to friggen sell all my junk and get out of this hobby. Ridiculous. Between lack of good support, half-bummed efforts of LHS's and local race tracks here, and the attitude of everybody ... what a JOKE.

looks like you need a break from this hobby since it
sounds like you are not enjoying it.

youre problem seems like the back nut was cross
threaded when you pushed the nut down on the
screw.

as far as the mugen policy is concerned it seems
fair that they would request for the so called defective
part before giving free parts away. it just does not
make sense even if other companies do it from time
to time.

i find it highly improbable that the plastic was eaten up
like you said due to plastics come from a mold and more
than one side pod would have come out defective.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:36 PM
Tech Rookie

btw,

go check out the registrar of www.rcnitroguide.com ... and see whose name pops up guys

I'll be sure to put a nice good word and review up in name of Mugen Seiki.

Heres a little peek at the early stages of the site ... haha, just wait until I post up my review

Who is this frigging LOOSER he has no clue
Old 08-20-2003, 04:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Dumb A$$

chorner go away no one cares it sounds like you deserve what you got
Some people should take up a new hobby if you can't build a r/c car maybe you should go play golf!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.