Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Rear diff

Originally posted by NiMo
I'm going to try something different this weekend.
I'm always looking for more power on steering, and reading throught various forum sites they seem to suggest a solid front diff will give more power on steering, so that is what I've done (using the RRR spool).
Will post results of test on Monday.
I have been told that you need to change the rear diff oil to compensate for the constant drive from the front.
If I remember correctly you need to stiffen considerably.
Interested to see your report
Old 01-08-2005, 01:02 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Rear diff

Originally posted by opposite lock
I have been told that you need to change the rear diff oil to compensate for the constant drive from the front.
If I remember correctly you need to stiffen considerably.
Interested to see your report
I've always run constant drive, just trying a solid front axle.
I'm told it reduces turn in, but gives more power on steering.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

I managed to get some track time today before the light went (3 tanks).
Tank 1:
car felt strange and took most of the tank to understand what was going on, but by the end of the tank the car was flying although the rear was feeling loose, turn in was great and power on was better.
Tank 2:
removed the rear roll bar, car felt good, loads of turn in, good power on from hairpins (if not a little too much), power on through the sweeper was better but still lacking, braking was great and in a straight line, rear got loose towards end of run.
Checking car after tank ran dry I found the rear tyres 2mm smaller than the front, and one rear only had 1mm of foam left and the plastic wheel had been scraping the track (remember I run constant drive).
Tank 3:
New tyres fitted, rear end planted, front end turn in very quick and direction change through chicane quick and predictable. Car ran the bumps like they don't exist. Found I can hit the power much harder with no rear end kick, but still found I'm wanting more on the left turn sweeper.
On returning to the pits I realised I had not reset the ride height for new tyres, the last tank was done with a huge ride height of 9.5mm up front and 8.5 at rear, yet the car felt great.

The solid front axle does give more steering, both on and off power, would be a must for tight car park tracks, and you can run without a rear roll bar for more rear end grip.
Now for tomorrows test in race conditions.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:28 AM
Tech Regular

Location: batang kalokohan! ay kaloocan pala!!diretso ka lang,pag nasaksak ka! bahay na namin yung sa harap!
Smile FW05R and not switching to any!

Hey peter this is dennis running an fw05r,hope u still remember me.anyways just wundrin if u still running an fw,its been long time I havnt played since RDlogics champ.,I planning on goin back again and run my fw and convert it to RR,I've heard that a lot of guys are runnin an rrr and mongoose and they said its a great car,I still believe on my FW and I will work on it till I got the best set up.well I guess ill see u sumtyms in revelation,what is the best body for the FW to use ryt now?
Old 01-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi ,

I am from Greece and very new to this excellent hobby!

I just bought an Fw05 T but a cant find any info on the web about this version not even in official Kyosho site only about S,R and V one series. My Local dealer said that are very minnor differences between versions!!!

Does any one knows why is that happens is this a very new model or something else?
Where can find the differenses between this versions?
Can I buy optional parts from S,R, or V-One and fit them to my FW05-T?

The car is aswome on the track very fast and lot of fun to drive BUT the others are faster

Thanks in advance for reading..
Kostas
Athens Greece
Old 01-09-2005, 02:04 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: FW05R and not switching to any!

Originally posted by kyoshoBOY
I still believe on my FW and I will work on it till I got the best set up.
Good luck!!
Old 01-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by kkot
Hi ,

I am from Greece and very new to this excellent hobby!

I just bought an Fw05 T but a cant find any info on the web about this version not even in official Kyosho site only about S,R and V one series. My Local dealer said that are very minnor differences between versions!!!

Does any one knows why is that happens is this a very new model or something else?
Where can find the differenses between this versions?
Can I buy optional parts from S,R, or V-One and fit them to my FW05-T?

The car is aswome on the track very fast and lot of fun to drive BUT the others are faster

Thanks in advance for reading..
Kostas
Athens Greece
The FW05T is the base model RTR car, but you haven't wasted your money as it can be upgraded fully to the FW05RR or to any stage in between.
FW05T comes with plastic central shafts and a solid spool in the front diff housing, but the diff housing and central driveshaft lengths are the same as the S/R/RR range.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

Location: batang kalokohan! ay kaloocan pala!!diretso ka lang,pag nasaksak ka! bahay na namin yung sa harap!
Smile team RC Industria!!!!

Hey walter dis is dennis!!wat're u doin here on fw05r forum?aniweys,too bad it rains last sat,I was ready to practice,well ill try dis wikend again.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

Smile team RC Industria!!!!

Hey walter dis is dennis!!wat're u doin here on fw05r forum?aniweys,too bad it rains last sat,I was ready to practice,well ill try dis wikend again.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:13 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Default Re: team RC Industria!!!!

Where is your signature??
Old 01-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

What is the new and best body to use ryt now?
Old 01-09-2005, 04:55 PM
wad
Tech Elite

What is the new and best body to use ryt now?
If you want to make your car to work, you know what you need
Anyway, try the Mazda 6
Old 01-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

Hello all.

Like some opinions of V1 RR evo and the FW05R.

In comparison of quality and handling, basically which of the 2 would be a preferred choice?

I`m new to this hobby and thinking of getting either 1 of them.

Can anyone advice?

Thanks!

Cheers
Old 01-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Mazda 6 again,is der a new one?I already used dis 1 last rd logc champ.well I just look for some I guess and try,walter r u runnin dis wikend?
Old 01-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Mazda 6 again,is der a new one?I already used dis 1 last rd logc champ.well I just look for some I guess and try,walter r u runnin dis wikend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.