Search
Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by jeffreylin
I don't want to discourage you from the hobby but it might be too much to go directly to a pro kit. There is a lot to learn especially driving. If you never driven before you might destroy your car pretty quickly if you can get your engine started at all. I know because I had years of electric experience and I had to learn all sort of things for my first nitro car and I couldn't have done it without help. Even then, I still managed to crash and damage my car in the first lap on the track!
Old 01-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

Hi jeffreylin

Thanks for your advice.

Have been hearing so much it is so confusing.

Initially, i was thinking the same way of getting a starter kit itstead of a pro kit.

But was also adviced to get a pro kit with a very stock engine.

Would that be good also? Am not sure which would be suitable for a first timer.

If i were to get a started kit, Would u advice on a V one S|| or a FW05S?

Kyosho`s my definate choice now because it`s the only brand in my country which is popular thus easier access to the spare parts.

Thanks again
Old 01-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

dct147, even a pro kit with starter motor will run over 30 mph easily. That's a lot of speed for someone without any driving experience to handle.

Either V1S or FW05S will be better as you will most likely destroy this car if you never driven a RC car. I would go even further and suggest that you get a Kyosho Mini Z or a Tamiya TT-01 electric car just to learn how to build a car and drive. They are considerably slower and you can learn how to drive without destroying the car. Once you feel confident about your driving ability you can then go for a RTR nitro or even a pro kit. Otherwise you will just be throwing your money away.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:45 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default kyoshoBoy

What is "M8 KO"
Did you mean "M8 Airtronics"
Or it is a new version??
Old 01-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default sport or pro

These cars only go as fast as you squeeze the throttle.Sport or pro.
So it is up to the controller as to the cars destiny.
Therefore I suggest the pro and learn to drive "cautiously".
Build the kit yourself and observe how it goes together and what makes it go.
RTR's don't initially allow you to understand the cars,like when you build it yourself.
Just my opinion anyway.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by dct147
Hi jeffreylin

Thanks for your advice.

Initially, i was thinking the same way of getting a starter kit itstead of a pro kit.

Kyosho`s my definate choice now because it`s the only brand in my country which is popular thus easier access to the spare parts.

Thanks again
I would go for the FW05S, as it can be fully upgraded to the RR when you want to.
The V-one S is a very good car, but it can only be upgraded so far, and the 2-speed will start to play up if you start using a race .12 motor.
If you do decide to go straight to the FW05R, be warned, it will not take a pull-start motor (unless spacers are used) and a .12 race motor can be very hard to get running when new (they are so tight they can easily lock up).
As I said earlier, go for the FW05S
Old 01-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Location: batang kalokohan! ay kaloocan pala!!diretso ka lang,pag nasaksak ka! bahay na namin yung sa harap!
Thumbs up agree!!

Originally posted by NiMo
I would go for the FW05S, as it can be fully upgraded to the RR when you want to.
The V-one S is a very good car, but it can only be upgraded so far, and the 2-speed will start to play up if you start using a race .12 motor.
If you do decide to go straight to the FW05R, be warned, it will not take a pull-start motor (unless spacers are used) and a .12 race motor can be very hard to get running when new (they are so tight they can easily lock up).
As I said earlier, go for the FW05S
Old 01-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Tech Adept

Hi jeffreylin

Thanks for your advice.

Thanks again
Hi there.........

Well my first car was the V one RR when it came out 3 years ago i think......or may be 2. the second car was FW-05R and after a month or so I bought the RRR. Now I just use the last two and sold of the RR>

Few things to keep in mind...v one S and fwo5s are good beginners but then once you have them you feel that you need to upgrade them and by the time you get the upgrades of VONERR or a FWO5RR you have already spent a lot. But with the pro kits you dont need to upgrade till atleast the time you start competing. Till such time you can race around an open car park or an empty road just do the straights up and down and get used to the car and the tuning and all that .... once you have pefected this you can hit the track.

So basically i am suggesting that you go in for any of the pro kits Fw-05R with an OS 12 TR p engine. as it is very easy to tune and run.

ziizo
Ps.. where are you from ?
Old 01-11-2005, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

Location: batang kalokohan! ay kaloocan pala!!diretso ka lang,pag nasaksak ka! bahay na namin yung sa harap!
Thumbs up uaerc

Hi jeffreylin

Thanks for your advice.

Thanks again
ill suggest the pro race kit,u can build it urself and learn how it goes in the time u break sumthin u know wat to fix or to replace.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:08 AM
wad
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jeffreylin
dct147, even a pro kit with starter motor will run over 30 mph easily. That's a lot of speed for someone without any driving experience to handle.

Either V1S or FW05S will be better as you will most likely destroy this car if you never driven a RC car. I would go even further and suggest that you get a Kyosho Mini Z or a Tamiya TT-01 <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=electric%20car" onmouseover="window.status='electric car'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">electric car</a> just to learn how to build a car and drive. They are considerably slower and you can learn how to drive without destroying the car. Once you feel confident about your driving ability you can then go for a RTR nitro or even a pro kit. Otherwise you will just be throwing your money away.
Hey Guys, don't you think that if someone wants to start racing, is better to run a pro-kit, since they are stronger, and easier to drive than the RTR's??
I think that if you have a good car with good radio and good servos, the car will be easier to control, then you will learn how to drive faster, since you don't have to work on the car to make it faster, you just have to drive it.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:15 AM
wad
Tech Elite

Hey Jeffrey!!
When are coming back to practice?, I didn't see you for long time, hope everything is going well

KyoshoBoy!!
Are you practicing this weekend?? I want to see your rocket back in action (over the wall)
Old 01-12-2005, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by wad
Hey Jeffrey!!
When are coming back to practice?, I didn't see you for long time, hope everything is going well

KyoshoBoy!!
Are you practicing this weekend?? I want to see your rocket back in action (over the wall)
Ill try dis wikend but not sure,but I really want to.
So better watch out !!that's right over d wall !!so watch out ill put u on d wall together with me!hehehe
Old 01-12-2005, 12:32 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Walter, hopefully the weather will hold up and we can all race this Sunday!

Originally posted by wad
Hey Jeffrey!!

KyoshoBoy!!
Old 01-12-2005, 01:15 AM
Tech Adept

Any Idea about problem in my engine?
hi, would anyone share his idea on this...

i changed my clutch, then after 2-3 runs in the track i tried to start my engine again, starting is normal as it goes to idle the way it is, but i notice that when i rev it the wheels are not moving i tried to rev it for about 5-7 times then it moves, but at first it wont move, i know this is not normal. I remove the plug and notice that there are a lot of unburned fuel inside... i can still run the car with a good performance, im just thinking why the wheels are not moving for several revs after starting.

wonder my Low end mixt is rich or lean, probably not the top end because i can feel it has a good top end with a light trail of smoke.
and i the engine smells different, maybe because of the unburned fuel... am i damaging the engine?

Does anyone have experience this? please i need your ideas...

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default engine problem

Check to see that the flywheel is tight on the shaft.Then reassemble the clutch as usual,normal clearances.
Try again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.