Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the alloy servo saver or pully spacers from integy? Just wondering about them.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

Any one know where to get the Hara 1 piece engine mount, the machined pistons, and HPI lower rear arms mounts?
Old 06-12-2006, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CraigH
Any one know where to get the Hara 1 piece engine mount, the machined pistons, and HPI lower rear arms mounts?
I got all of those bits from RC Champ in Japan.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Does RC Champ have an english Translation site? My japanese sucks.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

Any one know where to get the Hara 1 piece engine mount
What is the benefit of using the one piece engine mount?
Old 06-13-2006, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ProE
if I am not mistaken its just lower CG and may lower temps a bit, I don't know if you would notice it....

J.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Its supposed to keep the portion of the chassis under the engine more rigid so nothing can flex which could cause improper gear mesh.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Anyone tried mtx4-mrx4 pivot balls on the R40? I've noticed HPI sorta..well not to make it sound bad, but "cheated" on the R40 a bit with the weak pivot balls. They say they are steel but I knocked tire sof my car before and or in the same spot...never broken an pivot ball. Therefore I opted for some from Mugen. They are a little longer, but the ball part are the same size and these are way stronger. I'll be using the integy steel swingshafts for the R40 as well since the stockers are made from the same material.

Looking at them ...not the best pic, but they are definately made of lil bits n pieces of metal. Forgot the proper term for it.

While at it I got the Mugen pins as well. The shop was out of the HPI ones. These I'll have to cut which is no big deal.

Here is a comparison. stock top mugen bottom

In the upper arm.

Here is the B4 and after shot from running on Sunday. The TR does have a really smooth powerband...but I'll still get passed around the track easily. A TZ is on the way.

I'm headin upto prospeed this sunday for the fathers day race. Hopefully I have enough spares since I'm buying the TZ modded soon this week.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

looking at the photos, that must have been serious crash.

Just concider the following when you replace them with the mugen parts. There is a saying that says, " a chain is only as strong as its weekest link". I know this is not a chain, BUT.

If you hit something hard, something has to brake. If you replace the pins with stronger ones, they may not brake next time, but something else now has to take all the impact forces, and that part could brake. Next time it could be parts that is alot more expensive.

It could be that the HPI ones are just not strong enough, or bad quality.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

very well put, i did the same thing with my tc4. made everything all alloy. ie hubs steering titiaunmiun buckles the lot. but left the arms plasctic, that way i only have to have spare arms with me. cause if is such a big hit i break a alloy part then i should not be racing i did the same thing with my r40.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PoPRC
Does RC Champ have an english Translation site? My japanese sucks.
Check out their forum on RC tech, its below this forum. Its all in english there.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

The Hara mount is just marginally lower than the stock mounts. But as Roy said it basically prevents the engine case from twisting in the mounts and flexing the chassis. Also it prevents the case itself from distorting under load as the case is a very tight fit into the mount itself.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Anyone tried mtx4-mrx4 pivot balls on the R40? I've noticed HPI sorta..well not to make it sound bad, but "cheated" on the R40 a bit with the weak pivot balls. They say they are steel but I knocked tire sof my car before and or in the same spot...never broken an pivot ball. Therefore I opted for some from Mugen. They are a little longer, but the ball part are the same size and these are way stronger. I'll be using the integy steel swingshafts for the R40 as well since the stockers are made from the same material.

I'm headin upto prospeed this sunday for the fathers day race. Hopefully I have enough spares since I'm buying the TZ modded soon this week.
I have never broken a pivotball, but I have pulled them through the front hubs a few times. I was running some titanium MTX3 pivot balls there for a while which are the same as the HPI ones, they seemed to work perfectly fine. There are also some Hara titanium pivotballs available.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

I emailed RC champs and they dont have any R40 parts, they can try and get them but no guarantee..
Old 06-13-2006, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CraigH
I emailed RC champs and they dont have any R40 parts, they can try and get them but no guarantee..
Bizarre. I got mine at least a year ago however, so perhaps they dont deal in much HPI anymore, dunno.

You could try Rainbow Ten in Japan or Jet Hobby in Hong Kong. Or HPI in the US could actually do something for a change, not much chance of that however.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.