Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 11:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AMGRacer
A friend of mine in fact has a defective MTX4 tank right now, so its not a silver bullet.

Thats odd to have a faulty Mugen tank but my kit was out of the first batch and one of the nibbles wasnt screwed in properly fuel came out during break in but its fixed now, but the lid seal is one of the best ive come across (prospec lid).

My mate cooked a Novarossi N12LL3 due to a air leak that we found after dipping it in water while putting pressure through the lines and there was 2 leaks one on the lid and one on the fuel exit nibble (the plastic one) this was his 3rd tank so we modified it to fit the MTX-4 one and he hasn't had andy engine problems since.

Chris
Old 01-22-2006, 03:39 AM
Tech Addict

um i dont seem to have a middle screw. i got high speed and then low and that seems to be it.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Talking WOOHOO!

Welp guys I just got in from Bridgeport's RC track and man am I tired!!! I did have a lot of fun though running as there were 4 8th onroaders, and 5 sedans running. There were some family and friends so that brought the total upto 20 people. My R40 ran clean and consistent except my middle belt came off so I need to dremel the side mount to get the tensioner on more. There was no problem with the car and I mostly ran the Lola body. However the stratus 3.0 felt more predictable and gave me more steering. It also still maintains great traction in the turns and on the straight. I opted for the std head button as the turbo kept giving me tuning issues before...it also wasn't that much faster anyway so a waste of $30 . The plugs can go to the 8th atleast. The action for the 8th onroad was "fast and FURIOUS!!!". Two were running C5s and the others with some Novarossi engines. Not enough pics because I was having just TOO Much fun! My friend had to setup his mtx4 and didnt get to run 2 much, and his uncle had oneway probs as it must be loose or something. The R40 ran without an issue once again as always. Now I surely don't want to sell it period!!!

nothing better than two r40s! His is a little more upgraded than mine...but my r40 handled better
A mini 8th!! I used it as I feared it'd get bashed up with the 8th onroads. Lucky I did, though the stratus 3.0 seemed to free up the steering on the car.
his uncles serp 710
remy's mtx4 on the setupboard
these 8ths are too fast for the cam! jk I tried driving while snappin shots...it's just too hard.

my gear in the middle

I can't wait for the next day to go running. Never had so much fun in a long time.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bummy
um i dont seem to have a middle screw. i got high speed and then low and that seems to be it.

don't worry Nova have stoped putting a middle screw on their engines the adjustment is so delecate that its not needed. anyone who does touch a middle screw should have their fingers chopped off unless they really know what they are doing.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris West
don't worry Nova have stoped putting a middle screw on their engines the adjustment is so delecate that its not needed. anyone who does touch a middle screw should have their fingers chopped off unless they really know what they are doing.
LOL, thats a bit harsh...but funny and gets the point across. I actually have a large lot of brand new motors of the same kind , all the 3rd or middle range needles are set slightly different. I think if anything the people who assemble it just get it flush.

I know I didnt want anything to happen to my 3rd needle adjustments. So I take a hobby knife and etch a line showing me how the carb should be set. Then you can kinda go in and tune that needle without worrying about setting it back to factory. Just dont go turning it to far , you want to keep it at the same flush level , just a little leaner or rich and see how it goes.

Its basically just a little tiny final tweak you can do if you notice its running a bit weird in the mid range. But yeah most people shouldnt mess with it unless you really know what your doing , you will probably not even notice it and its not going to make or break you.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Hark,

Looks like some amazing fun. Also isnt it a bit warmer than it normally is this winter. Seems like normally people cant run up north at this time....hmmm I think global warming is upon us?!?!

Anyways , again looks like some major fun. Can you just goto that track and run anytime. If so thats awesome. I know I would be at my track at least twice a week if there was one nearby. Also very cool you also have people there to run with.

And the track by far blows away our local parkinglot race. Its nice to see all the gear and cars , looks like a fun time. I enjoyed the photos big time. Maybe get some video next time if possible, would love to see some cars whizzing by on that track.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Arrow

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Hark,

Looks like some amazing fun. Also isnt it a bit warmer than it normally is this winter. Seems like normally people cant run up north at this time....hmmm I think global warming is upon us?!?!

Anyways , again looks like some major fun. Can you just goto that track and run anytime. If so thats awesome. I know I would be at my track at least twice a week if there was one nearby. Also very cool you also have people there to run with.

And the track by far blows away our local parkinglot race. Its nice to see all the gear and cars , looks like a fun time. I enjoyed the photos big time. Maybe get some video next time if possible, would love to see some cars whizzing by on that track.
Most definately I can get some video, though they only last 15 seconds and have no sound . I'll get a bunch of clips and put them together. The track is open to the public and is opened on sundays. Today was a high of 40 something, though around 3-4 it got colder. That track was in Bridgeport, Connecticut. It's about 42 minute drive from here. The GRPS hooked up really well and again I must say the Lola body did help the car a bit, though I liked the feeling of the sedan as it was more of a point at go. The lola kept the car a little too well planted. The sedan looks so much better as well on the track, but the lola body is great for running with the 8th scales. It's like big bro and lil bro riding bikes together.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

I like the looks of that track too. It might be more comfortable if you brought a couple of tables with you.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rapid Roy
I like the looks of that track too. It might be more comfortable if you brought a couple of tables with you.
Word and the foldable chairs. I know at target they have these black cosco tables. They look great , nice size , cost like 20-30. I have two of them , one for my RC room and the other for taking to the track and so forth.

Then get one of those foldable chairs from wal-mart or target , also like 10-20....makes it so much easier and its pretty portable. I got the table into a coupe honda.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Most definately I can get some video, though they only last 15 seconds and have no sound . I'll get a bunch of clips and put them together. The track is open to the public and is opened on sundays. Today was a high of 40 something, though around 3-4 it got colder. That track was in Bridgeport, Connecticut. It's about 42 minute drive from here. The GRPS hooked up really well and again I must say the Lola body did help the car a bit, though I liked the feeling of the sedan as it was more of a point at go. The lola kept the car a little too well planted. The sedan looks so much better as well on the track, but the lola body is great for running with the 8th scales. It's like big bro and lil bro riding bikes together.
Yeah I live in florida so its hard to tell but I have been noticing and hearing lately its warmer than usual. 40 sounds a lot warmer than normal for up north, and today it was 80 here. My neighbor was outside and even said , hows the weather. Im like what is this , im sweating and its january.

Yeah that track is making me jealous , lol. Open all the time is what im looking for. Also ours its not smooth and flowing , its like a maze....all squared and tight with no room to spare.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chris West
Thats odd to have a faulty Mugen tank but my kit was out of the first batch and one of the nibbles wasnt screwed in properly fuel came out during break in but its fixed now, but the lid seal is one of the best ive come across (prospec lid).

My mate cooked a Novarossi N12LL3 due to a air leak that we found after dipping it in water while putting pressure through the lines and there was 2 leaks one on the lid and one on the fuel exit nibble (the plastic one) this was his 3rd tank so we modified it to fit the MTX-4 one and he hasn't had andy engine problems since.

Chris
Yep I do agree it can happen with any tank. My V1RR Evo also had a faulty tank from the box, I dont believe it was a major problem with the V1 series tho. I would be interested to know if the HPI tank has a higher rate of leakage. You are right the Mugen tank sealing is excellent as well.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Hark looks like brilliant fun man!!
Old 01-22-2006, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Lightbulb

Yeah, though I really didn't spend a lot of time tuning on my car. I just started it up and go. Thats what I like about my setup. The 8th will require some driving lessons and some tuning later down in the road. I have some foldable chairs, but just need a table.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:49 AM
Tech Adept

Default HPI Parts.

So my car is build now (2005 edition kit). Just need spray the body and start building up on my personal parts stock.

If you guys had to list 5 parts that I need to have with me, I would really appreciate it. Parts take forever to get to South Africa, and I don't want to wait for 3 months if something brakes on this car.

Please, list of 5 parts that I should have with me?
Old 01-23-2006, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ProE
So my car is build now (2005 edition kit). Just need spray the body and start building up on my personal parts stock.

If you guys had to list 5 parts that I need to have with me, I would really appreciate it. Parts take forever to get to South Africa, and I don't want to wait for 3 months if something brakes on this car.

Please, list of 5 parts that I should have with me?
It really depends on how you dirve and the track materials. If you are a so so driver like me, you might need more parts.

I would say, arms, bulkheads, knuckles, axles and spur gears to start. You could also buy a used rolling chassis in good shape. I saw a couple hopped ones go for $150 on ebay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.