HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 01:20 PM
Tech Addict

do a search for r40 on the japan site and start clicking away . i actually have the list downloaded so if you want them in .doc format i can email them to you (has small and limited pics, but it does show all the options to date).
Old 11-17-2003, 03:21 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks

I'll try searching the Japan site first and see if I stumble across them.
Old 11-17-2003, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

I believe 3Racing is also making parts for the R40.

Old 11-17-2003, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Well can you believe it, fastharry has defected. see the quote below by him in the 710 thread.

""That HPI didn't get much use...I might keep it for the challenge...

One of the tc3's is going....I'll sell the next one when the weather gets warmer..
Can's wait to run the 710...""

and see all his other posts in the 710 thread.

geesh, wasn't he the one going on about how great the r40 was/is, the industry buzz, how it turns better, the best this, the best that, now he has left for a car that isn't even out.

ask him about his veteq experience, or should i say i dare you to remind him.
Old 11-17-2003, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

a new car can rejuvenate interest in the Hobby.

Good luck to Fastharry and Team Serpent with the 710.

One of my cousins just pre ordered the 710 so I'll see how it holds up with my R40. Go HPI!
Old 11-17-2003, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

well, i dont have either car but i do plan on getting the R40 after christmas (and all my commissions roll in ).

hpiracer:

yeah, i saw their website and they have a bunch of stuff soon to be released, although some looks the same as integy (probably same OEM). i like that upper deck they have listed, looks nicer than the HPI optional since it retains the stocker's shape .
Old 11-17-2003, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by icon
well, i dont have either car but i do plan on getting the R40 after christmas (and all my commissions roll in ).

hpiracer:

yeah, i saw their website and they have a bunch of stuff soon to be released, although some looks the same as integy (probably same OEM). i like that upper deck they have listed, looks nicer than the HPI optional since it retains the stocker's shape .
I also noticed the 3racing parts looked similar to the integy. could just be the picture, or same oem, who knows?

I'll probably upgrade to the metal bell cranks. I've cracked the stock plastic servo saver already in a crash.

Last edited by HPIRACER310; 11-17-2003 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Treky,

I personally had my fill with the Snake. If Fastharry want to jump ship, let him. I just hope that he carries plenty of anti-venom because the Snake will bite him in the rear time and time again.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:05 AM
Regional Moderator

icon: Well I finally got a look at HPI's list of hopups for the car. I really like the look of that new upper deck. Those shock towers look pretty sweet as well.

Guess I'll go take a look at those 3racing parts you guys are talking about.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just took a look at the 3racing stuff. It's really good. I already see a few things that I'm adding to my list.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:20 AM
Regional Moderator

The 3racing parts look good too. Its nice that there are so many option parts out there.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I forgot to mention that I do want to get the kawahara graphite front shock tower. Only problem is no one has it in stock, and I have tried everywhere. Oh well, I must wait longer.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:38 AM
Regional Moderator

Hey guys, got another question:

-How big is the receiver box on the R40? The receiver box on the ReflexNT was notoriously small.(although I managed to fit an Xxtra and 90% of my wires in there with some planning and zip ties)

Does the Xxtra fit in okay?

If anyone has gone from a ReflexNT to the R40, give me an idea of the difference.
Old 11-18-2003, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

darkseid:

judging from the size of the cutout on the CG top deck and the relative size of the receiver box to the gas tank & receiver pack, i'd say you have enough room to fit your XXtra.

contender, see if control centre can special order those parts for you. cuz if they carry kawahara i'm sure they can order it (unless it is not released yet).

JLock:

LoL, well to each his own. Too many people jumping onto the snake bandwagon. Its a nice looking car but the R40 seems friendlier to get into (HPI parts are usually cheaper and great planes always carries HPI). Plus look at all the options thats gonna be available.
Old 11-18-2003, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by treky11
Well can you believe it, fastharry has defected. see the quote below by him in the 710 thread.

""That HPI didn't get much use...I might keep it for the challenge...

One of the tc3's is going....I'll sell the next one when the weather gets warmer..
Can's wait to run the 710...""

and see all his other posts in the 710 thread.

geesh, wasn't he the one going on about how great the r40 was/is, the industry buzz, how it turns better, the best this, the best that, now he has left for a car that isn't even out.

ask him about his veteq experience, or should i say i dare you to remind him.

and this is coming from someone who insist's his Tc3 would have been faster than any of the r40's at the worlds..

Instead of worrying about what I'm doing,and what I'm driving,he should pay more attention to what he's doing(and reading)...

here's a good place to start..

http://www.countywide-driving.co.uk/

that should help him not to crash 28 minutes into a race..

the funny part is,before the HPI was even out,and I was excited like everyone else,Treky was upset that I was leaving the tc3;s(which he also owns) and getting the r40.....And made the same type of comments when that was happening....

I still like my r40,and I like the tc3..in fact,I like all my cars..but I also like the new technology on the 710..and want to try it...

I don't know why treky's so concerned....

Last edited by fastharry™; 11-18-2003 at 07:22 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.