Search

picco P9r plugs???

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 01:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default P9r crank

hi guys,
just wondering is to P9r crank comes lighten and fill with silicon or std crank like on the MEGA DS2/DS2+, i'm currently running an EDO mod Picco which the crank been mod and fill with silicon... looking for a practice engine and checking on the specs
thanks
Old 04-22-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Obviously you never tried it, Novarossi head button's mounting holes are different from the PICCO head button's mounting holes, it won't line up.
That is details.... the existing holes can be stretchen up or you can drill new holes. If the use of NR plugs is wanted you can make it work for just 14 dollar.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
That is details.... the existing holes can be stretchen up or you can drill new holes. If the use of NR plugs is wanted you can make it work for just 14 dollar.
Why go thru all this hustle? just use a PICCO plug! and as Colt4g63 just said "The head button/combustion chamber has ALOT to do with how the engine performs. Just throwing any head button on an engine is not a good idea"
Old 04-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Why go thru all this hustle? just use a PICCO plug! and as Colt4g63 just said "The head button/combustion chamber has ALOT to do with how the engine performs. Just throwing any head button on an engine is not a good idea"
Yes, the shape of the combustion chamber can make a difference but more important is the volume because the amount of compression is setting the ignition timing. But hey, I am only doing a sugestion that I know it will work but if the use of NR plugs is still wanted you can always buy an NR (made) engine....
Old 04-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Merlin, OS, and Dynamite plugs work in Picco engines.
NR and O'Donnel do not seal properly. I have had O'Donnel plugs work with SOME Piccos, but for the most part it won't work. Taper seems to be the same, but threads come down to far and prevent proper seal.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've been running the same plug on my engine since the end of january. Thats racing/practicing every sunday.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Picco

Last edited by -R2-; 04-23-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Unless ppl has problem finding PICCO/MEGA plug...why challenge their design and use something that is NOT any cheaper and already proved not going to be better...?

When MEGA engine released, Paolo from Serpent USA already mentioned MEGA/PICCO must use MEGA/PICCO plugs because the taper are different then others...he has pictures to compare them side by side. So, it is a MUST do and nothing ppl can change about.

I am not 100% sure MEGA plugs is a direct fit on all the later PICCO engine or not...
Old 04-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Mega 6 cold's are working great in my red dot. Mega's MF .12 is a Novarossi engine, and it uses mega plugs. I'm assuming being a novarossi engine it also uses novarossi plugs....which leads me around the circle to wonder if a novarossi plug and mega plug would be the same, as they both work in this Mega/Rossi engine. Around here finding a Picco Plug is impossible, so i've been using the mega's perfectly fine.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Need help engine bearing size

Hi guys,is anyone out there know the exact dimension for Picco P9R Evo2 engine front and rear bearing size?Your help is much appreciated...........thanks

best regard
shambmk