Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olkleaf
oh cool! nice car and engine... ill be using a rb R3 so hopefully all goes well. here is a pic of mine .. its not finished in the pic
Nice, not using the 5th body post?
Old 02-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

how much did you guys cut from the linkage rod that hold the 2 stoppers and spring? i cut to 55mm as per the book, but still hitting the handle, did you guys cut more? and the cap at the end of the rod is so hard to screw in
Old 02-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by beers4evo
how much did you guys cut from the linkage rod that hold the 2 stoppers and spring? i cut to 55mm as per the book, but still hitting the handle, did you guys cut more? and the cap at the end of the rod is so hard to screw in
Adjust your carb so it doesn't hit (1. you can adjust the angle of the carb body itself, and you can also turn the ball end on the carb around)

This is probably the best photo I have of it (on my work laptop), see how the carb is positioned?
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2-4.jpg  
Old 02-17-2009, 04:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Novarossi
Adjust your carb so it doesn't hit (1. you can adjust the angle of the carb body itself, and you can also turn the ball end on the carb around)

This is probably the best photo I have of it (on my work laptop), see how the carb is positioned?

yeah i screwed up i cut it too short so there was not even space in the front end of the rod for the collar...argh but put an after market one in...should be ok and works fine...
thanks
Old 02-18-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

Default ?

Nice, not using the 5th body post?
i was planing on not using it (it seamed to me like just another body clip ill end up losing)... i mean what are the advantages of using the 5th post?
Old 02-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

i cut the 5th body post so the body just sit on the post (no holes on the body) magic
Old 02-19-2009, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olkleaf
i was planing on not using it (it seamed to me like just another body clip ill end up losing)... i mean what are the advantages of using the 5th post?

some says it helps with the aerodynamics, also helps to hold the bodyshell
Old 02-21-2009, 04:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ccrcraceway
if there is no engine installed the second spur should spin free both ways but the first spur should only spin freely in one direction and should activate the one way bearing in the opposite direction engaging your drive train. some times if your 2 speed shaft is not installed properly and the spacing is not correct on ya 2 speed shoe holder, then the collar that spaces the one way bearing and the first gear holder need to be shimmed .if i am understanding ur problem right, i think in your case you need to back off the 2 speed shoe holder on the shaft . see how that goes.

also if you use msn messenger you can get me on [email protected]
cheers
alex
thanks for the great help over the phone!
just wondering...is it wise to put those shims in between the 1st gear spur and the washer-screw on the drive train shaft?
they are NOT the correct diameter either....some of my other rc friend enthusiats said its not good...
When the shims are on the second spur spins free both ways but not very freely, perhaps because its new car? and yes the 1st gear spins and drives the car.

anyone else have ideas?
Thanks !
Old 02-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Rear Differential gear

Hi All,
I have a question regarding manual instr. (Part 1). It stated : After inserting both O-ring (#163) to #16 and # 17 (Diff housing), apply instant glue.
Basically... where do they want me to put the instant glue?
So it want me to glue the O-ring to the Diff joint and the Diff housing?
Thank you for Help.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

I dont use any instant glue on the O ring. it just work fine with my differential.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by maxpain
Hi All,
I have a question regarding manual instr. (Part 1). It stated : After inserting both O-ring (#163) to #16 and # 17 (Diff housing), apply instant glue.
Basically... where do they want me to put the instant glue?
So it want me to glue the O-ring to the Diff joint and the Diff housing?
Thank you for Help.
I would not worry about the instant glue, I have never had to use it. I have built 4 spare diffs in total for my EVO2, none of them have leaked.

Just make sure you do not over-fill them, and the gasket is aligned perfectly before screwing it all in.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by beers4evo
thanks for the great help over the phone!
just wondering...is it wise to put those shims in between the 1st gear spur and the washer-screw on the drive train shaft?
they are NOT the correct diameter either....some of my other rc friend enthusiats said its not good...
When the shims are on the second spur spins free both ways but not very freely, perhaps because its new car? and yes the 1st gear spins and drives the car.

anyone else have ideas?
Thanks !
Adjust the amount of movement on your spurs by adjusting the position of the 2speed carrier on your shaft - the more inward it is (left), the more play and vice-versa. Once you have this perfect, if there is still too much side movement on the shaft, use a shim on the belt pulley on the left.

The car will free up. I generally don't like shimming bits and pieces until after a race day, giving a chance for everything to bed in.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I have built 4 spare diffs in total for my EVO2, none of them have leaked
Michael, can you buy a full diff or do you have to make it up out of parts?
Old 02-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CraigM
You have to make it up in parts mate.

Are you looking for a front or rear diff? I have a brand new spare front diff, never used, only assembled with 100k oil, PM if your interested.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CraigM
Once you get that diff in your car your going to really enjoy it a great deal Guarantee....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.