Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Novarossi
You have to make it up in parts mate.

Are you looking for a front or rear diff? I have a brand new spare front diff, never used, only assembled with 100k oil, PM if your interested.
Nah I'm after a rear, just thought it'd be handy to have one built up in 40k for high grip, but I guess I'll wait and see what the grip is like on the new surface. Thanks for the offer though, is everyone running front diffs now? I've never had trouble with a spool, I'd only run a front diff if the traction was super high, like foam on carpet high
Old 02-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
Nah I'm after a rear, just thought it'd be handy to have one built up in 40k for high grip, but I guess I'll wait and see what the grip is like on the new surface. Thanks for the offer though, is everyone running front diffs now? I've never had trouble with a spool, I'd only run a front diff if the traction was super high, like foam on carpet high
I run the front diff when the traction is medium to low. Also I think the front diff works a bit better when you have braking zones that are not going straight.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
I run the spool on bigger tracks and then go to the front diff with 300k diff oil on shorter tighter tracks. Works great. Smoother breaking but pulls almost like the spool.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Are you guys running the zero or two degree offsets on the new car? And what is the difference (performance wise)
Old 02-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by laptraffic
Are you guys running the zero or two degree offsets on the new car? And what is the difference (performance wise)
I am running the 0 offset rear wheels. I only changed so that my car would match up with the newer batch of cars coming out.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by laptraffic
I tried 2 degree and it felt like the whole balance of the car changed and it was very undriveable (for me anyway). From my understanding, the 2 degree hubs are good in very high bite conditions as they supposedly provide more mid corner steering.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What would I need to upgrade my V1-RRR to a RRR Evo2? Is there an upgrade kit?
Old 02-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Novarossi
I tried 2 degree and it felt like the whole balance of the car changed and it was very undriveable (for me anyway). From my understanding, the 2 degree hubs are good in very high bite conditions as they supposedly provide more mid corner steering.
I believe he is talking about the rear wheel offset, not the 2 degree front uprights (which I think is what you are talking about)
Old 03-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think someone previously posted about the the bake return function on the rrr you dont need it, but I did come across some issue about the brake not zeroing back out when the track did get dirty.

I did overcome the solution by breaking open one of those BIC pens that comes with springs, just use the spring and collar to set the spring tension you need the same concept used for throttle and your set dusty track or not that brake will work and it costed you a pen.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
Do you have the original RRR, RRR WC, RRR Evo, or RRR Evo WC?
Old 03-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have the original RRR from a few years ago. What would be the items really needed to upgrade. I'm returning to r/c racing after a break. Last Big race was the '05 winternats w/ Palmaris Racing.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)

I have the original RRR from a few years ago. What would be the items really needed to upgrade. I'm returning to r/c racing after a break. Last Big race was the '05 winternats w/ Palmaris Racing.
Your RRR is still competitive unless you want to make it into an EVO I have the RRR WC the only upgrade I have is the rear sway bar an front diff and the car handles great....
Old 03-03-2009, 08:19 AM
Tech Regular

I'd suggest getting the RRR Evo 2 upper deck and chassis and turning you car into an Evo 2. The Evo 2 chassis has a bit more flex than the previous one and it gives you a better "feel" of what the car is doing or not doing. It has made it easier for me on setup for differnet track and weather conditions. Just my .02 cents.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 03-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Do they sell just the EVO 2 upgrade kit?
Old 03-03-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

not have release upgrade kit to EVO 2 or EVO 2 WC !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.