Rody Tuned or NovaMax

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

lmao
Old 06-11-2003, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Thanks for your feedback and comments. I notice that since you're the mechanic father for the racer son, you would have noticed more happenings from the trackside... I appreciate them.

Anyway, I read about how the engines failed from you on the other thread. The ones that I related actually happened locally here. Nowhere near ozzieland of course There must be some truth to it.

Yes, I would have thought that I would fish Motorman out for his valuable comments with a thread title like that as I'm interested to know about them too from a reputable engine tuner... Instead along the way, I fished out unwanted garbage... Later.
I was talking to a guy on Sunday that has blown up three engines this last week. They were all Pixi's, I think - as if that's any consolation.

All these hot .12's are getting a bit close to the edge, I reckon. I figured the bigger crank in the new Nova's and RB's would be a step in the right direction, but the Pixi also has a big crank, so . . . .
Pretty spectacular - we were looking at the rod poking through the side of the block.

Oh, about the fishing . . .
The fishing is good here. It's terrible over at the VoneR thread.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:06 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
I was talking to a guy on Sunday that has blown up three engines this last week. They were all Pixi's, I think - as if that's any consolation.

All these hot .12's are getting a bit close to the edge, I reckon. I figured the bigger crank in the new Nova's and RB's would be a step in the right direction, but the Pixi also has a big crank, so . . . .
Pretty spectacular - we were looking at the rod poking through the side of the block.

Oh, about the fishing . . .
The fishing is good here. It's terrible over at the VoneR thread.
Just got back from my friend's place helping him take the engine apart for inspection and taking pictures Will try to post closer pics of the engine later.

I was actually tempted to get a 5 port Pixi myself. I will see how my friend's puppy perform but first I got to help him break the engine. Will report on that.

I will also post the physical differences that I saw on the NovaMax. Indeed, the NovaMax is from the newer speced Nova engine like those that can be spotted on the NS12 and V12 with the 11.5 mm crankshaft and bearings

Well, I have a bad feeling that fishing may turn out bad here... It seems to follow wherever I go
Old 06-11-2003, 09:43 AM
it
Tech Regular

Default We are all learning here.

Hope everyone share a great info. and leave our politician mentality aside.

InitialD

RB have a reputation of ups and down.

I will give the Maxx a shot If I were you. That motor TQ in the European Gp Jan. or Feb. 2003 by Fabio Domanin (Serpent)
Attached Thumbnails Rody Tuned or NovaMax-nova-max-.jpg  
Old 06-11-2003, 10:14 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by RClover
n1technik is initiald is pmt...
not true.

n1technik - We don't need that on here... k?
Old 06-11-2003, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Initial D

The Rody that I have (imfar) has a 4.5 mm exhaust port. It probably would be enough for a club race, but as I found out this last weekend, it won't hold a candle to any 12 that has been hand cut. Thought you might want to know.

I'm real curious about the NovaMax though...so please post pics and any info you can.

Thanks

Jonathan
Old 06-11-2003, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Novarossi
My friend thinks this engine is better....
looks cool, what is it?
Old 06-11-2003, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: We are all learning here.

Originally posted by it
Hope everyone share a great info. and leave our politician mentality aside.

InitialD

RB have a reputation of ups and down.

I will give the Maxx a shot If I were you. That motor TQ in the European Gp Jan. or Feb. 2003 by Fabio Domanin (Serpent)
I was deciding on a Rody 5 port too until i heard about the new Max. What you guys reckon??

by the way, how come the car in the photo is running on 'somewhat cut slicks' , pls somebody explain.

thanks
Old 06-11-2003, 11:32 AM
PMT
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by RClover
yes sir...!
come'on, initiald. stop to pretend the innocent side.
n1technik is initiald is pmt...no balls to use your 'Good' image to f ppl on this board?
Obviously I missed something here but RClover you are obviously demonstrating you usual level of inteligence. n1technik was out of line but he posted what he did and thats that. I do not think that InitialD is him and I definately know that neither of them are me. Hope this answeres your questions, if you would like to continue this discussion please feel free to PM me.
Old 06-11-2003, 12:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by PMT
Obviously I missed something here but RClover you are obviously demonstrating you usual level of inteligence. n1technik was out of line but he posted what he did and thats that. I do not think that InitialD is him and I definately know that neither of them are me. Hope this answeres your questions, if you would like to continue this discussion please feel free to PM me.
For the moment, I'm actually quite honoured to be associated with you
Old 06-11-2003, 12:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: We are all learning here.

Originally posted by Vinyard
[by the way, how come the car in the photo is running on 'somewhat cut slicks' , pls somebody explain.

thanks [/B]
They are for wet surfaces
Old 06-11-2003, 12:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
I was actually sincere in asking the question above to help out a newbie friend of mine and I don't think I was wrong doing that.
damn….. try to push your newbie friend off the deep end already huh. How many parts do you want to see your newbie friend break before you, his omniscient friend, advise him to use a tamer engine?

Rody RB 5 ports is a powerful engine in all ranges but it might have reliability problem. Saw a couple of them break down real soon after break-in. Haven’t seen how NovaMax perform yet. I would wait a while.

Hope your newbie friend will forgive you.
Old 06-11-2003, 01:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Data
damn….. try to push your newbie friend off the deep end already huh. How many parts do you want to see your newbie friend break before you, his omniscient friend, advise him to use a tamer engine?

Rody RB 5 ports is a powerful engine in all ranges but it might have reliability problem. Saw a couple of them break down real soon after break-in. Haven’t seen how NovaMax perform yet. I would wait a while.

Hope your newbie friend will forgive you.
Everybody here is speed crazy. I don't blame him. It's a peer pressure thing. Almost all cash flow rich newbies would get a 3PK and a Rody as a standard. What? RB 5 port? Novarossi S5? They have probably never heard of them. They bypass those engines and go for the real thing.

Not having rules makes things even worse as it does not bind us to running 3 port engines. Besides, 3 port engines are non existant. Virtually impossible to get. I take it that Novarossi and RB pushes more of their powerful 5 port to this side and the legal 3 port engines to EU and the states...
Old 06-11-2003, 01:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: We are all learning here.

Originally posted by it
Thanks for the reply. Great pic BTW Where did you get it? Were you there to take the picture yourself?
Old 06-11-2003, 01:41 PM
Tech Prophet

Default NovaMax - All Parts

A brief view of all parts. Note the pin to secure the carb has now been upgraded from 4 mm to 5 mm diameter. The screw that locks the pin to secure the carb is a 7mm nut !! So non NTC3 users can use your wheelnut socket driver to tighten this

You'll notice also that the carb now spots a double O rings for better seal.
Attached Thumbnails Rody Tuned or NovaMax-novamax_parts.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.