Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 MOTONICA Grand Prix Las Vegas Silver Bowl Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Already tried that gasket. It doesn't fit Picco engines. The OD is too big.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Scott, are you running the Red Dot? How do you like it? From everything I read, it's been very very well received especially at that price point.

Garen - That shootout sounds really, really fun. That's one of the better ideas I've seen for awhile.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

I am running the IDM engine which is a modified and hand fitted version of the EVO 3 Picco engine. I like it a lot, but it takes a touch more care than a novarossi. It is super fast, and gets great fule mileage.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ahhh... And the Evo3 is available in an economic version that they branded as the Red Dot, right? The "old" Red Dot was the Evo2 and the "new" Red Dot is the Evo3 I believe.

Just learning here...

When you say it requires more care - can you give me an example? Do you mean that you have to watch the tune more frequently? Or that you replace conrods more frequently?
Old 01-31-2008, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Arboleda
Ahhh... And the Evo3 is available in an economic version that they branded as the Red Dot, right? The "old" Red Dot was the Evo2 and the "new" Red Dot is the Evo3 I believe.

Just learning here...

When you say it requires more care - can you give me an example? Do you mean that you have to watch the tune more frequently? Or that you replace conrods more frequently?
This is compared to my experience with Novarossi based engines:

In the Picco engine I would run the conrod no more than 2 gallons...at most. Basically you will use an extra rod or two over the life of the engine. Also, the way the carb is held in is slightly different. In some cases you have to shave a little off of the pinch bolt in order to keep the carb tight. Also if you remove your engine a lot, depending on how you snap the carb linkage on and off it can loosen the carburetor. The carb is made of a plastic and it can relax a little and work its way loose.

I think it is worth the little extra hassle. The Picco engines make at least as much power and dyno results show them as the highest power .12 engine out there. They are defnitely less money.. even the IDM version is a little bit less money... and it is hand fitted. It gets better fuel mileage which to me is significant. Making runtime is always a crap shoot at some of the tracks and that really isn't a concern anymore.

Last edited by Scott Fisher; 02-01-2008 at 01:09 AM.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

-

Last edited by garen; 02-01-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

-

Last edited by garen; 02-01-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trt3r
hmmm, If it called IGT class, then a rule should be they all be Inferno GT's then right?
I know one car was not. I really don't care that one was not, it's just that all these rules make enforcing them all that much harder, and ultimately less FUN.

Also, if Garens was %95 tires, then we are all screwed in the future because those tires are no longer going to be available.

In that case it leaves us with the GRP's which are worthless there, and Kyosho V-slicks. Or maybe an OFNA brand...?
The V-slicks according to guys in Florida are only lasting 2-3 race days.

Maybe they would work best and we could try them in Vegas, but... At $50 + every three weeks to buy, glue, and assemble new tires, I will be not interested in that.

The guys who bought the medial pro tires didn't seem too impressed with them. That is why I passed on them.
Honestly, Garen just had the right set-up.

I am thinking of just using an old set of crimefighters from my 8ight next time.
Can't be any worse....

All hope is not lost on the Medial Pro tires. I have contacted the new company, and now it's wait and see... I know I mentioned this before, but I'll mention it again, the Medial Pro tires work very well, if you had problems getting your car to work with them, shoot me a PM or email and I'll help you figure out the problem with your car.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Bob Shepard and I are planning to return in April. Casey Belarde's wife is expecting their 3rd child next month so he is doubtful. Ill keep working on his wife though - there's always hope. And we have another 1/8 scaler wanting to come as well.

We just couldn't get enough while we were there. My car and the track got the better of me and I crave redemption!!!
A new throttle servo is already in the car, and both crushed pipes (Darren's & mine) are in the freezer!! I'm having a molded splint made to keep my wrist from relaxing, to eliminate numbness in the throttle hand.

I know what you're thinking.................how's he going to eliminate his terminal brain fade?! Simple: more MONSTER, in the 32oz. BFC!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Shepard is stoked!!! He ordered his IGT yesterday. Mine was ordered last week! Who knows, I may even bring my Serpent sedan as well. Hope there's plenty of entries, so we can comfortably run 2 or 3 cars.

Hope to see LOTS of you in April!!!!

Doc Holiday
Old 02-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Bob Shepard and I are planning to return in April. Casey Belarde's wife is expecting their 3rd child next month so he is doubtful. Ill keep working on his wife though - there's always hope. And we have another 1/8 scaler wanting to come as well.

We just couldn't get enough while we were there. My car and the track got the better of me and I crave redemption!!!
A new throttle servo is already in the car, and both crushed pipes (Darren's & mine) are in the freezer!! I'm having a molded splint made to keep my wrist from relaxing, to eliminate numbness in the throttle hand.

I know what you're thinking.................how's he going to eliminate his terminal brain fade?! Simple: more MONSTER, in the 32oz. BFC!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Shepard is stoked!!! He ordered his IGT yesterday. Mine was ordered last week! Who knows, I may even bring my Serpent sedan as well. Hope there's plenty of entries, so we can comfortably run 2 or 3 cars.

Hope to see LOTS of you in April!!!!

Doc Holiday
Old 02-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

well I almost have my wife talked into letting me come down there in April
like Doc said it's going to be a little tough
I keep doing the honey-do list to win her over
Old 02-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Great news about the Washington State gang coming back. Should be less impassable hiways in April (then again ... you drive through Montana and Northern Idaho). Even better to hear you will run with us in IGT. Check Garen's setup... good stuff there...
Old 02-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Let's hope your forcast is correct!!! We're pretty sick of snow right now.
Four feet this month, two feet in the last week!!!!! Nowhere to put more.

I'll also work on some of the Seattle guys. Brian Bodine, Paul Leask, Behzad
are usually up for a good road trip. There flashlighht series will be over by then.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by garen
http://www.myhobbydepot.com/servlet/...12-High/Detail this will save you $150 in blown engine parts, and save me the trouble of running all over the track and pit lane to get your car re-fired.

Hope to see more and more people at the race, in all classes. It's going to be a good, fun race, as good if not better than the last one. Get the word out, the more the merrier. Good to see new people getting into racing, hope to see old faces as well.

For the top qualifying unsponsored guys (in 1/8th and maybe 1/10th), we plan on having a special event on Saturday, after quals are over. Instead of having a single 20 minute race, we might try something different. Our idea is to pair up drivers in short, heads up, shoot out races, with the winner moving on to the next round. Each round will cut the field in half and increase the length of the race until we have the final 2 drivers battling for the win, prize, and bragging rights.
Hey Garen,
Add one more! I ordered my K-Inferno IGT RED Ferrari, and a DX3 today, I should be able to make the April race,
Old 02-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Keep them coming, it's great to hear more and more interest in attending this race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.