Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RoketRdr
I'm running the MT-4 w/ telemetry myself. Able to run lipo's with all the newer Airtronics systems. Most everyone in GT is running systems with lipo's and bumping the output up to 7.4v for the servos.
Ahhh the MT-4
I was reading a little about this as I was thinking of the upgrade.
What attracted me was that the radio will work with my existing FHST-2 receivers as well as the new ones. As I have I think 6 of these receivers It would be nice to be able to carry on using them in my "play cars"

That would meen I could use the new receiver for my race car(GT) and use a LiPo without a regulator as you do RoketRdr.

Do you like the radio?

Regards
BM
Old 05-02-2014, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
If you are talking about that KIY, its good that you didnt!! I had one for about a month, didnt like it at all, same features as the Helios but 200.00 more AND you can only use the high end RX's. Also felt very top heavy even with the bottom weight on it. Some love it though but i did not!
+1. I was having a problem with glitching, due to "dirty contacts" when you take it apart. Too finicky for me. Went back to my trusty eurus.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
Ahhh the MT-4
I was reading a little about this as I was thinking of the upgrade.
What attracted me was that the radio will work with my existing FHST-2 receivers as well as the new ones. As I have I think 6 of these receivers It would be nice to be able to carry on using them in my "play cars"

That would meen I could use the new receiver for my race car(GT) and use a LiPo without a regulator as you do RoketRdr.

Do you like the radio?

Regards
BM
I added the blue backlight, vibration notifier and GRID drop down on mine so I like it very much. It has all the functionality I need without being overly complicated. The only real complaint I have is that the screen resolution is really poor and its an old technology cheapo screen. They could have used a more modern screen for very little money. I've kinda had my eye on the new Radiopost radios. That screen is super cool. But for the most part I like my MT-4.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RoketRdr
I added the blue backlight, vibration notifier and GRID drop down on mine so I like it very much. It has all the functionality I need without being overly complicated. The only real complaint I have is that the screen resolution is really poor and its an old technology cheapo screen. They could have used a more modern screen for very little money. I've kinda had my eye on the new Radiopost radios. That screen is super cool. But for the most part I like my MT-4.
Do you know if its anything like the M11 screen? I would say that is, well not a great screen but very functional. If you get what I mean.

Regards
BM
Old 05-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
Do you know if its anything like the M11 screen? I would say that is, well not a great screen but very functional. If you get what I mean.

Regards
BM
Yes...the MT-4 and M-11 have the same screen except that that M-11 shows more of its functionality. Both these screens are right out of a late 1970's video game. They're cheap crap. Other than that I have no complaints with the radio.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ok, this class is looking fun, don't know much about it, looking at the different cars and wondering what's differences between the ofna car's, the gt~ v2, dm 1 and new x3 ? I know the dm 1 is the popular chassis out at Timezone and the x3 is new. I see the gtv2 is quite abit more $$ Looking at nitrohouse. Ideas, or advise on which car? Thanx
Old 05-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KR145
Ok, this class is looking fun, don't know much about it, looking at the different cars and wondering what's differences between the ofna car's, the gt~ v2, dm 1 and new x3 ? I know the dm 1 is the popular chassis out at Timezone and the x3 is new. I see the gtv2 is quite abit more $$ Looking at nitrohouse. Ideas, or advise on which car? Thanx
DM1 is still a good car ...... Needs a few parts to make it as fast as the Serpent.

GTV2 - Is really a Team C car, long wheel base like the Kyosho GT2.

X3 - New car, a little hard to get at the moment. Watched two run at the Airtronics race in LA, purchased a used one. Needs some parts, but looks promising.

Serpent GT - fast, lots of racers ... Needs a few parts as well.

Best buy, used DM1 with stand up shocks and servos, King Heads chassis a plus

Serpent GT - most complete out if the box, least parts to purchase

X3 - Less cost than Serpent, but you will need to find one and purchase parts.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah… but you forgot to list the Kyosho Inferno GT…..

In the right hands its still very much capable of beating all the chassis you listed above on the race track too; as you've learned first hand all too well. lol
Old 05-04-2014, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks for info Grenade10. Kicking around good deal on dm 1 locally, but my concern, is i read somewhere next year flat chassis won't be legal, all will have front kick up ?
Old 05-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Thanks for info Grenade10. Kicking around good deal on dm 1 locally, but my concern, is i read somewhere next year flat chassis won't be legal, all will have front kick up ?
I know most clubs racing, special races like Byrons and ROAR regionals or below you should not have an issue. Only ROAR Nationals would be affected.

There also is a request to extend the grandfather clause for the GTP, DM1 and Team C for a few more years.

Last edited by Grenade10; 05-05-2014 at 07:32 AM.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

Have you taken a look at the Serpent RTR? Comes complete with a Novarossi Motor and rebranded Savox servos. By a long shot the best deal out right now. I have a lot of guys running out of the box Cobra GTs and doing just fine. You don't "need" any upgrades on the Serpent. You just end up wanting them because they are available Lol.

With a Serpent you will spend your money on upgrades not replacing broken parts. There are tons of upgrades to make the car do exactly what you want it to. I started in the Kyosho, went into the Team C around its launch and landed in Serpent where I've stayed since her launch. I'm going no where Serpent is my choice and my basement full of on and off road kits shows it.

Feel free to pm me if you have any specific questions, I will get a notification via email so I can respond faster.

Remember everyone is going to have their favorite brand, find which one suits you and run with it. See you out on the track soon!

Where to buy
http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/p...cat=127&page=1
More info
http://promo.serpent.com/cobragt-rtr/
Old 05-05-2014, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Yeah… but you forgot to list the Kyosho Inferno GT…..

In the right hands its still very much capable of beating all the chassis you listed above on the race track too; as you've learned first hand all too well. lol
+1 AND AGREED 1000% JEFF !! I guess because the GT1/GT2 was released in 2006-2008 they all think it's old and must be retired ?? lol...not so with an MP777WC chassis and optioned gearing...this is the original and true BUGGY BASED GT CAR that ROAR rules are based off ! Should I say this car with the new tranny is BULLETPROOF JEFF ? Ok so because Kyosho doesnt support onroad in the USA but offroad and the MP9 is their money maker doesn't mean the GT1/GT2 should die a natural death because their is full parts support by Kyosho USA...just no sponsorship !....what if they decide to release a GT car based off the current MP9 and start to hire Team drivers for it ? Then ?
Old 05-05-2014, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
.....what if they decide to release a GT car based off the current MP9 and start to hire Team drivers for it ? Then ?
Yeah, that would be funny!

Maybe they’ll pay Lamberto Collari or Chris Tosolini to “sandbag” in the GT class, a lot of the “followers” would bail on their rides and switch back to Big Red in a hurry, lol
Old 05-05-2014, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Does the new Nova INS Box come with a filter? I never bought one before.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FastPete
Does the new Nova INS Box come with a filter? I never bought one before.
Pretty sure it does. Every INS box I have purchased had a filter in it. The real question is can you pick a color?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.