Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Why is it that every few weeks, this pissing match about "which brand is better" keeps happening? Okay, every brand of tires have their positives and negatives. If you have found a brand of tire, body, etc that you like, more power to you. But, this constant barrage of "My brand tires is better than your brand of tires that you use" really needs to stop. This argument has gotten old and many of us that want to chat about more useful stuff are tired of it. Most of us can care less about what you use on the car; we are just glad that you have a GT car. This constant bickering is really counter-productive and does not help to contribute to the betterment of the class (if betterment is a word).
I have been spending a lot of time on an Alfa Romeo forum. Discussion came up as to what brand tyre is best for the car. No one took offense to the results..

Forums are meant for people to discuss their thoughts, ideas and opinions. On every thread on this forum at some point, someone points out their likes and dislikes.

Unfortunately on this particular thread, certain people seem to get defensive when someone states a certain product does not work out for them.

Here's a test: I've tried Sweep tyres don't seem to work for me.

I'm not making it up, this is a truthful statement from my experience. Was that statement that awful to say? I doubt anyone will jump down my throat for that statement.

Shall I continue to state what else doesn't work for me.. whoa... I better stop right there, cause I might offend someone.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Trash talk and competition go hand and hand.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gashuffer

...... along with documented race results and big race podium pictures drive that them crazy; don't forget those great low prices too...
Old 05-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Gashuffer,

The problem is that a lot of the aforementioned bickering goes well beyond trash talk and competitiveness. Much of it is on a more personal level. I would like for us to get past that point and be more constructive, period. Constructive criticism is one thing, the snipes, bickering, and feuding about the differences in opinions is what we can do without. I love this portion of the hobby but there are some days I want to sell all of my road gear and just fly planes and helicopters so that I don't have to deal with the soap opera drama.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Champion

Default Jeff Vargas the biggot

I just received a pm from Jeff Vargas, where he officially proved to me that he is a biggot.

FYI, I am Iranian, I was born there, however I'm eastern orthodox Christian. Unfortunately Jeff Ignorant Vargas assumed wrong. Enjoy the pm guys:

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Jai told me you liked the new slicks a few weeks ago.

O'well keep up your jhad against Ipanema, our sales for Warriors & Slicks are through the roof because of haters like you, leon and the sweepy bunch, lol

Thanks again!
1. Jai ran your slicks. I ran pmt
2. Jai liked your slicks for HB. For Corona he got lapped by SNR in first two heats and switched back to PMT
3. JHAD? You ignorant imbecile, I'm eastern orthodox Christian.. You probably have no clue what that is.

Nonetheless you have proven you're a bigot, and I'll share your pm with everyone in the thread.

Last edited by Raman; 05-09-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raman
I just received a pm from Jeff Vargas, where he officially proved to me that he is a biggot.

FYI, I am Iranian, I was born there, however I'm eastern orthodox Christian. Unfortunately Jeff Ignorant Vargas assumed wrong. Enjoy the pm guys:

1. Jai ran your slicks. I ran pmt
2. Jai liked your slicks for HB. For Corona he got lapped by SNR in first two heats and switched back to PMT
3. JHAD? You ignorant imbecile, I'm eastern orthodox Christian.. You probably have no clue what that is.

Nonetheless you have proven you're a biggot, and I'll share your pm with everyone in the thread.
Jeff has stooped to a new LOW What a surprise

This comes from the guy who is relentless with using the forums as his personal advertising catalog then attacks all others that have a different opinion then he does.

Hey jeff a little birdie told me that your "wide" tires and non realistic looking body will not be legal in the up coming rules. LMAO

Hold on tight jeff... get ur internet muscles ready
Old 05-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Gashuffer,

The problem is that a lot of the aforementioned bickering goes well beyond trash talk and competitiveness. Much of it is on a more personal level. I would like for us to get past that point and be more constructive, period. Constructive criticism is one thing, the snipes, bickering, and feuding about the differences in opinions is what we can do without. I love this portion of the hobby but there are some days I want to sell all of my road gear and just fly planes and helicopters so that I don't have to deal with the soap opera drama.
Point well taken.

I guess my only advice is not to let it get to you. Thats a driving force for even more criticism. There are those that like to lay it on thick
Old 05-09-2011, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so much bull$h*t drama .....this really killing GT....kinda think why Roar taking there time on the class
Old 05-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Champion

You see for every action there is a reaction. Let it go.

@ Raman you should of just kept your PM to yourself. If you had valid points, discuss them via PM.

This thread is not for me, but GT racing is. Lata
Old 05-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

PM should have never been sent
Old 05-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you for sharing. best regards.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Raman
PM should have never been sent
That pm was sent to you because of your constant negative rhetoric towards our brand. You’ve been personally against all of our products for years and your barrage of personal negativity, clearly demonstrate your irrational contempt towards anything we offer GT racers.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Great way to PROMOTE GT racing by tearing each other down yet again. It never ceases to amaze me how little regard some of you have for GT racing as to keeping continuing and rehashing personal vendettas.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kitchen
Didn't know that there was any maniacs like me, I built a nitro 2-speed version last year and ran it @ BLUEDIAMOND PARK and this year an electric setup (big fun)...never took any pictures of the work, but I'll be more than happy to snap some up...I'll go and get my camera...pic's should be up tomorrow afternoon...
Kitchen, please either PM me some photos or post some! I really would rather be running a LOSI.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Great way to PROMOTE GT racing by tearing each other down yet again. It never ceases to amaze me how little regard some of you have for GT racing as to keeping continuing and rehashing personal vendettas.
Jlock,

You know damm well that if someone says anything good about our products they'll attack it. If not they'll post 500 pictures to try to bury it so nobody will see it.

This is so typical of the haters, heaven forbid if I give congrats for winning a race or thank someone for trying our stuff, it always the same crap from the same few.

All this started with them when FastPete WOW.
Thanks Pete, lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.