Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
if you use a quarter on the needle it will play thru it
Funny!!! I didn't know if anyone remembered the old record player with the diamond stylus. Still have a few 33 1/3 LPs and even found a few old 45s in a box the other day (the cassette/cd single before those came into existence).
Old 05-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
I put signatures in my posts cause I like the products. Simple as that, not cause I'm sponsored or endorsed in any way. I don't belong to any camp just cause I know a person. If that's the case then am I in Jeffrey's camp because I know who Juan is? He also lives in Texas? Dang I'll buy a new record player
Richard,

Funny you keep putting my name out there as to throw me under the bus. Noticed, in my posts, I never mentioned names of anyone, just putting out general info. I could care less what anyone uses on their cars product/manufacturer-wise so long as they show up to GT races and have fun. I have no hidden agendas; I would like all of the GT guys, old-timers and new racers alike, to show up to races and have fun without all the petty bickering about "My rims are bigger than your rims". Like coach use to tell us, "There is no 'I' in team."

Last edited by JLock; 05-08-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
From what I heard from some Mugen folks, there is nothing in the works at this time. If "we" can get this moving exponentially, then maybe Mugen/Xray/Losi may just aboard. For now, you will see only privateers modifying out one of the aforementioned cars for GT racing. Serpent is the only one seriously working on a GT car right now (Cobra GT).
The last time I talked to the guys at Serpent (a few weeks ago,) I was told it was on hold.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by williamw
The last time I talked to the guys at Serpent (a few weeks ago,) I was told it was on hold.
Didn't know that. Last thing I heard was that they were working on the diff gear ratio and had pretty much figured that out. The car was outfitted with the two-speed from the 966 and I believe they were to have two kits, one with a centax clutch and one with a regular shoe-style clutch. Well, we at least know that another GT player is lurking in the background that will be a major player when they hit the market.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Questions??

Didn't know that. Last thing I heard was that they were working on the diff gear ratio and had pretty much figured that out. The car was outfitted with the two-speed from the 966 and I believe they were to have two kits, one with a centax clutch and one with a regular shoe-style clutch. Well, we at least know that another GT player is lurking in the background that will be a major player when they hit the market.
Who knows, they may have been blowing smoke. For all they knew I was a competitor. Who else is getting ready to release a GT, Associated or Losi?
Old 05-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

The Cobra GT project is still in the pipeline; currently scheduled for release after the Cobra eBuggy. However, we are looking/hoping for ROAR to release the GT rules sooner rather than later. Steve, any updates on this matter? Also, we will be at the Nats racing a Nova powered Cobra GT car just like last year.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Goomba_7
Has anyone tried running a Losi L8ight in this class?? Where there any major things that needed to be cahnged??
Originally Posted by gashuffer
I know someone who runs the Losi oval car. He swears by the shock towers, and you would need the ofna 2 speed.
Originally Posted by williamw
If someone has jammed a 2 speed into the losi oval chassis, I would love to see it.
Originally Posted by Tsal
He runs the Ofna DM1 spec 2 speed. It drops right into the Losi housing.
He goes by Kitchen and he usually posts up in the Trains and Lanes onroad thread in the racing section. PM him and ask for a pic. I'm sure he will be happy to help.
Originally Posted by mcsquish
Yes, yes, photos please! I have a LOSI I've been dying to convert. I think they would make an awesome GT.
Didn't know that there was any maniacs like me, I built a nitro 2-speed version last year and ran it @ BLUEDIAMOND PARK and this year an electric setup (big fun)...never took any pictures of the work, but I'll be more than happy to snap some up...I'll go and get my camera...pic's should be up tomorrow afternoon...
Old 05-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
well another +1 on price drop on your product
It’s really all about helping GT racers have more fun and not being greedy about it at the same time.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *1speedy
Wild Bill....

I forgot to thank you for the great bodys I bought last year they Rock

1.5mm Thick is just fantastic too...

This body is ok for GT class?????

I hope its not, I really hope its not a legal body.

GT racing is the Short course racing for onroad. That means it really should look like some type of GT car or real car.

That body posted is the fastest way to kill this class. And I am sorry anyone putting that body or any body that isnt really a real car type body or at least something close should look at a different class, maybe 1/8th gas onroad or something.

I think most GT racers want to keep GT racing in as close to possable a 1/8th sedan class, GT type cars.

THUMBS DOWN on that body
Old 05-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jdesoto
The Cobra GT project is still in the pipeline; currently scheduled for release after the Cobra eBuggy. Also, we will be at the Nats racing a Nova powered Cobra GT car just like last year.
Looking forward to watching the flying Desoto's with the Cobra again!
Old 05-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Richard,

Funny you keep putting my name out there as to throw me under the bus. Noticed, in my posts, I never mentioned names of anyone, just putting out general info. I could care less what anyone uses on their cars product/manufacturer-wise so long as they show up to GT races and have fun. I have no hidden agendas; I would like all of the GT guys, old-timers and new racers alike, to show up to races and have fun without all the petty bickering about "My rims are bigger than your rims". Like coach use to tell us, "There is no 'I' in team."
I'm all for moving on. Let's promote not demote. I have some 45's , even some 8 tracks. Dang I'll bust out the 'ol Schwinn 5 speed. Now if you remember that bike, you were the shitzz.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

I'm all for moving on. Let's promote not demote. I have some 45's , even some 8 tracks. Dang I'll bust out the 'ol Schwinn 5 speed. Now if you remember that bike, you were the shitzz.
I remember that bike from way back. I use to own a Schwinn 10 spd Worlds bike when I wanted to race back in the day. Mine even had the sew-up tires. Now, what box did I pack that turntable in?
Old 05-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i bet my Ross Apollo 5speed take on that Shwinn
Old 05-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Default shock springs

Hi, does anyone know if the shock springs from an Inferno GT (IG001-4) will fit MP777 front shocks? Thanks, Don
Old 05-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DLS II
Hi, does anyone know if the shock springs from an Inferno GT (IG001-4) will fit MP777 front shocks? Thanks, Don
Yes, they will fit those shocks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.