Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 07:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Need help in understanding the coding on the spring rates Kyosho recently released for the alum threaded shocks for the GT cars. I bought a set for my GT2 car a while ago and the kit springs don't seem to sit in right with the option shocks.

Shocks I upgraded to:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...re-Shock-Set-2

Recently released springs (1 out of the 3 sets):
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ring-95-14-L63

I'm use to the color coding of Tamiya springs (S/M/H) but not with Kyosho's.

Thanks in advance for any tips.
Stay away from the white spring set, they are too soft (ask me how I konw) I think they were designed for one of the electric 10th scale vehicles. The springs you want are:

KYOIG001-4 Kit GT2 springs, stiffest. Best in my Opinion and cheapest.

KYOIGW004-9022 2.2 wire diameter, 9 turns, should be softest

KYOIGW004-8022 2.2 wire diameter, 8 turns, should be next stiffest. I think Jspeed uses on the front of his car, will probably give more steering. I have a set on my electric conversion.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Okay, to get back on topic, is there anything new out there for our GT cars? Anyone know if Kyosho has some new stuff on the market since their updated 2-speed transmission? What has Max Velocity come up with? Is there a cool, new body out there?

Let's try to keep this thread positive as much as possible. Being a more positive, innovative group will go a longer way in attracting and retaining racers to GT. We can work around/past equipment/parts issues; it is harder to work around bad attitudes and in-fighting amongst ourselves. Let this last sentence remain attributes of the other on-road classes of r/c racing, not us of GT.
Good point Juan!
Old 06-04-2010, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *1speedy
Sending Christmas cards?

I am the person who was yelling at the driver from Puerto Rico who was warned by Doug the race Official not to run into the side of my son’s car for the 3rd time in 1 qualifier.

Oh and yes it was me yelling at Bernie (old man) during the same incident because he told my son to S/T\F/U and stop complaining.

I protect my own. Old man Bernie an ambassador of the sport using that language on a kid what a guy…….
take a deep breath and get back on the topic
Old 06-04-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=*1speedy;7496128]I am the person who was yelling at the driver from Puerto Rico who was warned by Doug the race Official not to run into the side of my son’s car for the 3rd time in 1 qualifier.
[QUOTE]

You are one class act! I was there and it wasn't 3 times in a qualifier it was once in both qualifiers. I can see that that can happen but it wasn't on purpose. On both occations in my point of view you can say that both drivers were at fault, but you sir were wrong all the way. You were very lucky that you didn't get DQ for your actions. In fact I know that in one of the incidents the other driver was just getting out of the way but they got tangled anyway, that sometimes happens, it's called racing. And Bernie was telling you not your son to keep quiet since you were botthering every racer in the driver stand. I hope that you can some day learn to control your anger...

Anyway I know that the Spec engine list is going to be updated soon.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Actually Leon, Bernie was yelling at YOU (not your son) to stop cursing profanities and making physical threats at other GT racers.

Of all the GT racers that attended the 2010 Ipanema Sports GT World Championship event, you Leon were the only person that screamed and threatened to cause harm to anyone.

Looking at your recent post history on this forum thread, it’s been full of negative and antagonist comments.

We’ve seen you make attacking comments towards Bernie, Victor, Juan, Steve, ROAR and myself for no other reason, but to attempt to cause infighting within our international GT community.

In all honesty Leon, I wouldn’t blame Bernie if he didn’t allow you to attend his racing facility due to your lack of respect to him and your proven inability to conduct yourself like a civilized human at racing events.

In fact Leon, your son Todd is more than welcome to our GT events (he & I had a lot of fun laughing at you remember.... ) but you Leon and your psychotic behavior are not welcome.
Jeff, did you take your meds today?

That’s Exactly how it happened,

As for attacking anyone on your list (that I see you keep lmao) I would agree with attacking ROAR/Steve because of their past history but was happy to wait and see if they might get this right.

I remember clearly YOU telling Gary, Trog, myself and my son under my canopy how Bernie screwed you with Kyosho so squash the hypocrisy you cleary need help.

If anybody on RCTech Forums attack and makes antagonistic comments in the past it’s clearly you! You have been doing it for years……(professional Jerk)

Have you erased your memory of all your melt downs on when people don’t agree with you or don’t like a product you sell, or by the way you push your product?

Wasn’t this just posted and directed about you Jeff?

[QUOTE=jdesoto;7409528]Jeff, your post is a lie, defamatory and libel. I will forward your post to my lawyer. It is now very clear to me why so many people in this sport refuse to work with you.

QUOTE]

Ginkoba might help but just in case I will remind you.

You forgot about Saturday Night B4 the race in Miami when you borrowed my Hudy & kept my son’s car and Volunteered and Told him you would set it up.

Do you remember showing up on Sunday morning late at the track with the front end still in pieces with no time for any practice b4 the main

Jeff, after how badly you personally ruined my son’s race at Miami you actually have the balls to say ANYTHING TO ME OR MY SON. You have just proven you are a real piece of DIRT and a LIAR but REMEMBER you started this I just replied to you.

I took the high road and left you alone after Miami and never posted 1 thing but seems you must be on the rag and need some drama.

By the way my son was laughing at you and your Brooklyn Mafia wanna be Mentality living in Florida, sorry to pop your bubble but all who actually know you know this to be true.

Say something from Goodfella’s or Bronx tale LMAO

Very clear why Kyosho Black balled you I just wonder why it took so long.

As to my son and HOW YOU screwed him you really think he will come to an event that you are part of? LMAO You are really clueless!!

If anyone is psychotic it’s you Jeff.

I will repeat what everyone says about you Jeff

It is now very clear to me why so many people in this sport refuse to work with you.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Some of these latest posts do not help us at all. Why do we continue to tear each other down on the open forum like this? There are many that hope that GT racing would just go away. So, lets oblige them by ripping each other to shreds like we are currently doing. We are not helping our image with the personal swipes at each other. I am not saying that we all hold hands and sing Kumbya but we need to keep the personal dislike postings off the open forum. Whats past is past and lets keep it there. GT racing has a bright future and tons of room to grow but will not if we continue to snipe each other like this. If I was a new person to the forum wanting to get into GT racing, why would I want to join this racing group with some of the postings that have been made over the past month and a half? Not great recruiting tools I would say.

Last edited by JLock; 06-07-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Drop it , this pissing match stops now
Old 06-04-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Lets take another deviation, now let´s talk about this important race that is coming, only 291 dyas to go

We are working very hard in order to provide you with an event you won´t forget with the best drivers of this class, Lets see if they can handle this awesome RC Track

Open and Spec Classes
Old 06-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raman
JSpeed, will I have "mail" anytime soon?
Jspeed: I Still have no "mail" ... were going on a month.. Pony Express is not that slow
Old 06-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vbabani
Lets take another deviation, now let´s talk about this important race that is coming, only 291 dyas to go

We are working very hard in order to provide you with an event you won´t forget with the best drivers of this class, Lets see if they can handle this awesome RC Track

Open and Spec Classes

And on the driver side, for sure we are all working into have the $$$ to attend the race

cya !
Old 06-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Hey I have a question about the "head clearance" on the OS 21 vg. How do you guys who run at Pista Kyosho in Mexico have it set up? What glow plug are you using and what fuel percentage?

Wll there be Byron Fuel available at the track in Mexico? I'm currently running 16%. Taking the height of the track above see level will it be necesary to raise the Nitro %???
Old 06-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

The track is located at 9000 ft ASL, we now are using 40% nitro from Byron and it is available at the track

We normaly raise the head up to .4 mm and we use OS plugs R5 and #8
Old 06-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vbabani
The track is located at 9000 ft ASL, we now are using 40% nitro from Byron and it is available at the track

We normaly raise the head up to .4 mm and we use OS plugs R5 and #8
Thanks Vic! that's some important info for everyone planning on attending this event.

You know I was actually considering on shipping my equipment to Mex. city traveling with the 10th scale was somewhat problematic imagine with an 1/8th scale
Old 06-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

we did not have any trouble with our cars in Miami, just put all togheter in a big tool box
Old 06-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

I check this thread every day and all hear is gt2 or gt1 talk lol why is that?And when some one ask about a dm-1 they get sent to the dm-1 thread smh how many guys have dm-1s or gt2-1s.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.