Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Midwest Series '08' 39th year!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Ron,
Great job on the race report. That must have taken a lot of time. Enough detail so that if you missed this great event you didn’t miss what happened.
Brian,
Great job on getting the site updated with points, pic’s and report and everything else you did for the MWS this season. After next weekend you’re going to have to come up with a new excuse when things don’t get done in a timely manor.
Good luck to you and Stacey. I’m sorry I can’t be there
Mark
Old 09-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Mark, and thanks Brian for finding time to get it up so fast!
Old 09-26-2008, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mark Unger
Ron,
Great job on the race report. That must have taken a lot of time. Enough detail so that if you missed this great event you didn’t miss what happened.
Brian,
Great job on getting the site updated with points, pic’s and report and everything else you did for the MWS this season. After next weekend you’re going to have to come up with a new excuse when things don’t get done in a timely manor.
Good luck to you and Stacey. I’m sorry I can’t be there
Mark
Mark,

What now I can use the excuse "the wife said so.....coming dear!!!" I learned that one from Andy....LOL
Old 09-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

Oh yes, I forgot. You'll have plenty of excusses now
Old 09-26-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Brian Berry
Mark,

What now I can use the excuse "the wife said so.....coming dear!!!" I learned that one from Andy....LOL
Laugh now!! In time..... you too will understand the ways of the married one.

Oh, crap! She's home, gotta go
Old 09-27-2008, 06:42 PM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy who?
Laugh now!! In time..... you too will understand the ways of the married one.

Oh, crap! She's home, gotta go

I feel your pain!!!!!
Old 09-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

thanks to all for a great time this being my first season. sorry to all i may have"bumped into" along the way. but all in all had a blast and can not wait until we start again.hope the 40th is better weather wise. thanks to ron and mike for helping me learn about set-ups (who knew there was more than pull trigger , hit wall) looking forward to some indoor action. see you all soon!
Old 10-14-2008, 08:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Ron...yes, I was not intend to have ELECT to race with NITRO, it was all joking around. But for summer time, may be a SAT event or SUN event only, it is a good idea to start a electric MWS....1/8th conversion (Novak, Speedpassion all has that in production) then Open modified 1/10th TC, the Trans-Am class, and open modified 1/12th...

As you know...elect TC can have 100 different class...but since most of the track are 1/10th and 1/8th nitro friendly....leaving it only MOD 1/10th TC with lipo (or nimh if they prefer) is the ONLY way to go. Trans-Am can be allittle bit STEP UP version cause the current TA rules are mainly for indoor carpet and small parking lot track..I cannot imagine running 21.5 brushless with lipo @ Hamilton will look like (watching paint dry...) but may be using 13.5 with brushless....the same basic 1 motor speed rule with 1 power cell rule...

Then 12th scale or 10th scale pan car style...MOD motor...those are option.

Again, I am just throwing idea....I am in NO PLACE to challenge the 40th years of MWS traditional. But just asking for a change after 40 years of running nitro...simply ADDING more excitment on top of the excited MWS.
I would be very interested in racing 1/10 open mod electric. The best time I have had racing was when I was in England doing the BTCC series. That series went to 10 tarmac tracks throughout the country and was a blast. These were all big purpose built tracks.

I think there are alot of electric touring guys that are sitting on the sidelines here in the midwest, having to race 1/8 dirt just so they can race.

If this takes off I have a few ideas on this and if you put this idea out I think you would get alot of interest.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jland
I would be very interested in racing 1/10 open mod electric. The best time I have had racing was when I was in England doing the BTCC series. That series went to 10 tarmac tracks throughout the country and was a blast. These were all big purpose built tracks.

I think there are alot of electric touring guys that are sitting on the sidelines here in the midwest, having to race 1/8 dirt just so they can race.

If this takes off I have a few ideas on this and if you put this idea out I think you would get alot of interest.
I have considered an electric MWS. We could not add elect to our current races, as the extra classes would make for a very hectic weekend. A seperate series is distinct possibillity.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Ron, Did you get my email from Red RC? It sounded to me like he was looking for some better photos. A write up over there might get some more exposure for the Midwest Series.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Tom, I did get your e-mail. I had already sent a full write up and photos... It looks like they weren't good enough. I will try to get individual photos from the winners, and send a shorter write up. If any of you winners see this post, take a high quality photo on a white background and e-mail it to me. I will put them together and submit to Red RC. If possible, hold your car & award (+plus any other gear you would like displayed).
I will send out individual requests by e-mail, when I get a chance.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Ron for all your hard work. I didn't intend to create extra work for you. Hope it is worth the shot.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tomkelley
Thanks Ron for all your hard work. I didn't intend to create extra work for you. Hope it is worth the shot.
You didn't. And thanks!
Old 11-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well....

Since no ones posted on here in awhile, ill give you a question to answer or maybe start discussion. Any word on class changes for next season and/or track changes for next season? Just curious and trying to keep discussion goin to keep the series fresh in everyones minds.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default midwest series 40th year

this is a great thing to happen to rc car racing in its 40th year of racing and this should be a special year for 2009 midwest series. also i vote for nestalgia pan event at one race to mark the ocastion like maybe chicago race where it all started. one race bring out some cars that started it all and have some fun.

Last edited by gary47; 12-12-2008 at 03:05 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.