Midwest Series '08' 39th year!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Midwest Series '08' 39th year!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Don't miss this one if you can help it! Some of the best prizes will be handed out at this event! I want to handle the drawings a bit differently... When you register, put your name on your ticket/tickets. The ones with names will go in one bowl, the stubs in another. I will randomly pull tickets from that bowl and attach one to each item. We will then draw from the other bowl to see who gets what. We don't have a lot of items, but one in particular is MAJOR!
Old 07-15-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I will be there SUNDAY only....can I do that..?
Old 07-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Yes you can!
Old 07-17-2008, 01:45 PM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
WHAT????
Old 07-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by duneland
Let's get those pre-regs in for Racine! This was one of the more fun tracks last year. The parkinglot has some elevation changes, off-camber corners and a bit of waviness to it. Makes it interesting. Turn-out was light last year, good place to make up some points.
sounds like it would make a great off road track!
Old 07-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Howard, I was planning on making a special guest appearance on Saturday only.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
Howard, I was planning on making a special guest appearance on Saturday only.
Nice, you can be there to DRY the track up for my Sunday appearance...
Old 07-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Thanks to everyone for a fun race... This was my first Midwest race and had a great time... the water seeping after the sun came out, made the run line interesting, but the crew did a great job with the towel.

Hope to see you at Joliet in Aug for the next round...
Old 07-20-2008, 11:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Thanks to everyone for a fun race... This was my first Midwest race and had a great time... the water seeping after the sun came out, made the run line interesting, but the crew did a great job with the towel.

Hope to see you at Joliet in Aug for the next round...
I agree, i'm new to this sport (Hobby-Addiction) also, and have felt welcome at each of the MWS races iv'e attended.

Thanks.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Another great event from MWS....the SUN was totally unexpected but welcome. Ron and the track organizer ran a good show to regain the extra qualifier and finish the race on time...can't wait to get back to Leisure Hour for the 5th leg of the series.

I want to appologize to the MWS and Ed here about my totally embarrassing reaction of my 1/8th (you need to be there to sees it...), not 1 time, but 2 times...and nearly killed ED except he just did the "Jacky Chan" in front of everyone 2 times to avoid getting killed by a 50 mph 1/8th cars...I was lucky. And my appology goes to Ed...but like what you guys saw, I have no idea how that happened and that was not doing that in purpose.

I request a little less bumps for the next year Racine track...please. (or I will run my off road car with touring car body on...)
Old 07-21-2008, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Glad the newcomers like the experience! Thank you all for comming out to the Racine leg of the series! A big thanks to the Racine club for all their hard work in setting up and prepairing for the race. It was good to see all the Leisure Hours regulars at the race. This is the first time I can remember, that the touring cars outnumbered the 1/8 scales! I know that is common at many club races, but for MWS, it is not. We would have had 4 or 5 more 1/8s, had Dennis Young not had 'transportation' issues!
We were greeted Sat. morning with (surprise!)--rain..
The worker-bees started drying the track, which naturaly, spurred another batch of precipitation. The drizzle finally stopped and allowed us to get a couple rounds of quals in.
The last year has not been kind to the parkinglot that we used. Besides the freezing/thawing, we had semi-trailers parked there for a bit. The result was a very bumpy track!
This was the last race for this location! The club has a new site selected for future events, with a very good surface. I'll save some of the details for the race report, but all in all, we had a good weekend, with great weather on Sunday. 4 rounds of quals total, and 1/2 hour mains for all!
Old 07-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Regular

BECKER!!!!

How about a counter offer??? Drop me a PM or a post.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Andy, I bet I know what that is all about! I'll give you a gallon of 25%!!. Might go as high as a CASE!
Old 07-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Another great race day in the midwest series. I would like to see replays of ed somehow jumping out of the way of howards 1/8. (TWICE) Ron did you call it bumpy! It just doesnt describe it. For the rest of you andy power came away with the biggest prize in the raffle.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

:What happened to the kidnapping story?

Last edited by Team Crash; 07-24-2008 at 02:40 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.