Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

Oh, well i guess that is a "sucky"product.

My steering ball cup just broke also on my last race. I'm trying some team associated ball cups as a temporary solution. I had to put two or three layers of plastic from a plastic baggy just to get a good grip.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:11 PM
Tech Adept

Sticking on the High density foams?

Hi guys,

1). Any tips you can give me make sure that the foams stay on the servo saver without falling off? I have tried numerous times and wasted quite a few foams cos they keep dropping after you put them on the rods and you move the servo saver left and right.

2). With the tie rods on the rear to adjust camber anyone have problem running 3 degrees camber, I have tried and the rod is extendend too long and pops out after a hit.

Thanks

Sami
Old 06-09-2004, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default 1 & 2

Sami,
I dont use the foams on my saver, as for the 3 degree's camber, if you are running -3deg camber you shouldnt have a problem, I have not experienced this first hand though. Just make sure that the cups are un good condition, and you are using the right ball studs. If the cups are a little distorted change them!
If you are using +3deg camber, why????????
Old 06-09-2004, 07:50 PM
Tech Adept

What you do not use the foams at all?? What about the dust and stuff that can get into the servo saver?

Sami
Old 06-09-2004, 08:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: rb x12 w/ an 11-fin carlsen head

Originally posted by Aggdaddy
The ball studs that you are using may be too small for those ball cups
it was a packaged product by gpm... the cups, the sturs and the rods... i took them off kmac is right they do get off while running i had to learn the hard way last night!
Old 06-09-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Arrow wont shift to 2nd gear

i finally ran my car last night in a track near where i live... i must say that i was totally TOTALLY impressed with the G4! man i was swooping thru the corners as if i were driving a 1/12... considering that the ATV of my steering was reduced coz i had to use the lower hole on the servo arm( i changed my upper deck chassis w/ 3racing and unfortunately the steering servo arm hits the deck) i hope the steering doesn't change and dont wear out hah! the only problem is my car wont shift to second gear... i precisely followed the instruction manual and so did my local hobby dealer in his G4 but his wont shift as well... we opened the shoe and found out that it was in the wrong direction... did this ever happened to any of you? i used to own a v-one and when we made adjustments on the shoe the whole where you put the allen wrench would be at the back part right?! anyway hope someone could help me with the initial setting of the shoe coz it doesnt really say in the manual. post a pic of the shoe heheh thanks!
Old 06-09-2004, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: wont shift to 2nd gear

Originally posted by rbboy
i finally ran my car last night in a track near where i live... i must say that i was totally TOTALLY impressed with the G4! man i was swooping thru the corners as if i were driving a 1/12... considering that the ATV of my steering was reduced coz i had to use the lower hole on the servo arm( i changed my upper deck chassis w/ 3racing and unfortunately the steering servo arm hits the deck) i hope the steering doesn't change and dont wear out hah! the only problem is my car wont shift to second gear... i precisely followed the instruction manual and so did my local hobby dealer in his G4 but his wont shift as well... we opened the shoe and found out that it was in the wrong direction... did this ever happened to any of you? i used to own a v-one and when we made adjustments on the shoe the whole where you put the allen wrench would be at the back part right?! anyway hope someone could help me with the initial setting of the shoe coz it doesnt really say in the manual. post a pic of the shoe heheh thanks!
degrease the bearings within the 2nd speed spur gear...cos the new bearings have a lot of grease packed in them....I had the same problem as you...so I clean up the bearings and the housing n ...viola.!!!!..then there was SPEED!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2004, 01:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Shock oil for the G4

Hello guys!

I was just wondering what shock oil and diff. oil everyone is using for the G4. I've heard that the oil supplied in the kit is not all that great.

Is that the case with everyone here? I'm still in the process of building the car, so if I can replace the oil before I finish the whole kit, it could save me some time.

Anyways, thanks for any inputs.

Cheers~
Old 06-10-2004, 04:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Post Re: Re: wont shift to 2nd gear

Originally posted by vones
degrease the bearings within the 2nd speed spur gear...cos the new bearings have a lot of grease packed in them....I had the same problem as you...so I clean up the bearings and the housing n ...viola.!!!!..then there was SPEED!!!!!!!!!

vones: thanks man i'll be doin that... could you post a pic of the shoe? thanks in advance
Old 06-10-2004, 04:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default ?

Originally posted by ttektek
What you do not use the foams at all?? What about the dust and stuff that can get into the servo saver?

Sami
Sami,
I'd worry more about getting the foam stuck on the rail between the guide for the saver, then dust getting on it. The foams, initilally were designed to keep dirt out, but if everyone is a adding a oil of sort to their steering then they become magnets for DIRT.

RB,
the factory setting for the two speed is way toooooooo tight. You need to loose it up a few turns, but the only true way to see to the 2 speed is to run the car on the track of that day.
Also make sure you engine is running at full potential, because this plays a big role on early engagedment or late engagement of the two speed. My two speed is set eight turns out from a bottomed out screw, fact settings are like 4 turns out. I hope this helps.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:46 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Shock oil for the G4

Originally posted by crunch123
Hello guys!

I was just wondering what shock oil and diff. oil everyone is using for the G4. I've heard that the oil supplied in the kit is not all that great.

Is that the case with everyone here? I'm still in the process of building the car, so if I can replace the oil before I finish the whole kit, it could save me some time.

Anyways, thanks for any inputs.

Cheers~
Good starting point for most track : shock oil #40 and diff oil #20000
Old 06-10-2004, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: ?

Originally posted by Vr6vroom

RB,
the factory setting for the two speed is way toooooooo tight. You need to loose it up a few turns, but the only true way to see to the 2 speed is to run the car on the track of that day.
Also make sure you engine is running at full potential, because this plays a big role on early engagedment or late engagement of the two speed. My two speed is set eight turns out from a bottomed out screw, fact settings are like 4 turns out. I hope this helps.
Yeah, when I first ran the car i was wondering that too, my car would shift way too early. Just wait till you get it adjusted.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default so should i do?

hey guys! thanks for helping out, so theres nothin wrong with the instruction manual... coz with the v-one and the reflex-nt the adjustment of the shoe would be on the left side of the spur gear if you are facing the engine... will just post pics tonight to furthermore explain clearly... i set the shoe at 7.5 turns out oh well, will be racing the G4 this saturday for the first time hope everything turns out! thanks bballer!
Old 06-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Tech Adept

GPM Servo Saver

Anyone tried this one? I am interested cos the servo saver arm is alloy.

Any good?
Thanks

Sami
Attached Thumbnails Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type-gpm_g4048.jpeg  
Old 06-10-2004, 10:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was wondering what exhaust I should run with a .12 Sirio Evo 2 5 port turbo ?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.