R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2004, 07:38 AM   #1831
Tech Regular
 
Aggdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 364
Default

Oh, well i guess that is a "sucky"product.

My steering ball cup just broke also on my last race. I'm trying some team associated ball cups as a temporary solution. I had to put two or three layers of plastic from a plastic baggy just to get a good grip.
Aggdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 06:11 PM   #1832
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 143
Sticking on the High density foams?

Hi guys,

1). Any tips you can give me make sure that the foams stay on the servo saver without falling off? I have tried numerous times and wasted quite a few foams cos they keep dropping after you put them on the rods and you move the servo saver left and right.

2). With the tie rods on the rear to adjust camber anyone have problem running 3 degrees camber, I have tried and the rod is extendend too long and pops out after a hit.

Thanks

Sami
ttektek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 06:52 PM   #1833
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Stokes, NC
Posts: 6,512
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default 1 & 2

Sami,
I dont use the foams on my saver, as for the 3 degree's camber, if you are running -3deg camber you shouldnt have a problem, I have not experienced this first hand though. Just make sure that the cups are un good condition, and you are using the right ball studs. If the cups are a little distorted change them!
If you are using +3deg camber, why????????
__________________
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 08:50 PM   #1834
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 143
Default

What you do not use the foams at all?? What about the dust and stuff that can get into the servo saver?

Sami
ttektek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 09:36 PM   #1835
Tech Fanatic
 
rbboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: A L P I N A
Posts: 751
Send a message via MSN to rbboy Send a message via Yahoo to rbboy
Default Re: Re: rb x12 w/ an 11-fin carlsen head

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggdaddy
The ball studs that you are using may be too small for those ball cups
it was a packaged product by gpm... the cups, the sturs and the rods... i took them off kmac is right they do get off while running i had to learn the hard way last night!
rbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 09:52 PM   #1836
Tech Fanatic
 
rbboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: A L P I N A
Posts: 751
Send a message via MSN to rbboy Send a message via Yahoo to rbboy
Arrow wont shift to 2nd gear

i finally ran my car last night in a track near where i live... i must say that i was totally TOTALLY impressed with the G4! man i was swooping thru the corners as if i were driving a 1/12... considering that the ATV of my steering was reduced coz i had to use the lower hole on the servo arm( i changed my upper deck chassis w/ 3racing and unfortunately the steering servo arm hits the deck) i hope the steering doesn't change and dont wear out hah! the only problem is my car wont shift to second gear... i precisely followed the instruction manual and so did my local hobby dealer in his G4 but his wont shift as well... we opened the shoe and found out that it was in the wrong direction... did this ever happened to any of you? i used to own a v-one and when we made adjustments on the shoe the whole where you put the allen wrench would be at the back part right?! anyway hope someone could help me with the initial setting of the shoe coz it doesnt really say in the manual. post a pic of the shoe heheh thanks!
rbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 11:44 PM   #1837
Tech Elite
 
vones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,022
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: wont shift to 2nd gear

Quote:
Originally posted by rbboy
i finally ran my car last night in a track near where i live... i must say that i was totally TOTALLY impressed with the G4! man i was swooping thru the corners as if i were driving a 1/12... considering that the ATV of my steering was reduced coz i had to use the lower hole on the servo arm( i changed my upper deck chassis w/ 3racing and unfortunately the steering servo arm hits the deck) i hope the steering doesn't change and dont wear out hah! the only problem is my car wont shift to second gear... i precisely followed the instruction manual and so did my local hobby dealer in his G4 but his wont shift as well... we opened the shoe and found out that it was in the wrong direction... did this ever happened to any of you? i used to own a v-one and when we made adjustments on the shoe the whole where you put the allen wrench would be at the back part right?! anyway hope someone could help me with the initial setting of the shoe coz it doesnt really say in the manual. post a pic of the shoe heheh thanks!
degrease the bearings within the 2nd speed spur gear...cos the new bearings have a lot of grease packed in them....I had the same problem as you...so I clean up the bearings and the housing n ...viola.!!!!..then there was SPEED!!!!!!!!!
vones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 02:45 AM   #1838
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 32
Default Shock oil for the G4

Hello guys!

I was just wondering what shock oil and diff. oil everyone is using for the G4. I've heard that the oil supplied in the kit is not all that great.

Is that the case with everyone here? I'm still in the process of building the car, so if I can replace the oil before I finish the whole kit, it could save me some time.

Anyways, thanks for any inputs.

Cheers~
crunch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 05:15 AM   #1839
Tech Fanatic
 
rbboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: A L P I N A
Posts: 751
Send a message via MSN to rbboy Send a message via Yahoo to rbboy
Post Re: Re: wont shift to 2nd gear

Quote:
Originally posted by vones
degrease the bearings within the 2nd speed spur gear...cos the new bearings have a lot of grease packed in them....I had the same problem as you...so I clean up the bearings and the housing n ...viola.!!!!..then there was SPEED!!!!!!!!!


vones: thanks man i'll be doin that... could you post a pic of the shoe? thanks in advance
rbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 05:34 AM   #1840
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Stokes, NC
Posts: 6,512
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default ?

Quote:
Originally posted by ttektek
What you do not use the foams at all?? What about the dust and stuff that can get into the servo saver?

Sami
Sami,
I'd worry more about getting the foam stuck on the rail between the guide for the saver, then dust getting on it. The foams, initilally were designed to keep dirt out, but if everyone is a adding a oil of sort to their steering then they become magnets for DIRT.

RB,
the factory setting for the two speed is way toooooooo tight. You need to loose it up a few turns, but the only true way to see to the 2 speed is to run the car on the track of that day.
Also make sure you engine is running at full potential, because this plays a big role on early engagedment or late engagement of the two speed. My two speed is set eight turns out from a bottomed out screw, fact settings are like 4 turns out. I hope this helps.
__________________
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 07:46 AM   #1841
Regional Moderator
 
daniz24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: D-Square Racing
Posts: 3,189
Default Re: Shock oil for the G4

Quote:
Originally posted by crunch123
Hello guys!

I was just wondering what shock oil and diff. oil everyone is using for the G4. I've heard that the oil supplied in the kit is not all that great.

Is that the case with everyone here? I'm still in the process of building the car, so if I can replace the oil before I finish the whole kit, it could save me some time.

Anyways, thanks for any inputs.

Cheers~
Good starting point for most track : shock oil #40 and diff oil #20000
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 09:51 AM   #1842
Tech Regular
 
bballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The courts of Detroit
Posts: 478
Default Re: ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Vr6vroom

RB,
the factory setting for the two speed is way toooooooo tight. You need to loose it up a few turns, but the only true way to see to the 2 speed is to run the car on the track of that day.
Also make sure you engine is running at full potential, because this plays a big role on early engagedment or late engagement of the two speed. My two speed is set eight turns out from a bottomed out screw, fact settings are like 4 turns out. I hope this helps.
Yeah, when I first ran the car i was wondering that too, my car would shift way too early. Just wait till you get it adjusted.
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 09:57 PM   #1843
Tech Fanatic
 
rbboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: A L P I N A
Posts: 751
Send a message via MSN to rbboy Send a message via Yahoo to rbboy
Default so should i do?

hey guys! thanks for helping out, so theres nothin wrong with the instruction manual... coz with the v-one and the reflex-nt the adjustment of the shoe would be on the left side of the spur gear if you are facing the engine... will just post pics tonight to furthermore explain clearly... i set the shoe at 7.5 turns out oh well, will be racing the G4 this saturday for the first time hope everything turns out! thanks bballer!
rbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 11:08 PM   #1844
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 143
GPM Servo Saver

Anyone tried this one? I am interested cos the servo saver arm is alloy.

Any good?
Thanks

Sami
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg gpm_g4048.jpeg (73.5 KB, 96 views)
ttektek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 11:54 PM   #1845
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta
Posts: 374
Default

I was wondering what exhaust I should run with a .12 Sirio Evo 2 5 port turbo ?

Thanks
JoeRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lipo Optimized Touring car: Losi JRXS Type R or Team Magic E4? cpatel529 Electric On-Road 9 03-15-2008 09:29 PM
Team Magic G4 / Trinity G4 For Sale JohnMontoya R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-12-2004 01:19 AM
Trinity Team Magic G4 FS/FT Scrad R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 10-07-2004 09:38 PM
Trinity Team Magic G4 E-Class RCNitroDude999 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 08-30-2004 04:46 PM
Trinity Team Magic G4 PRO E-Class NEW! vulso R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-21-2003 07:49 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:58 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net