Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Impluse Pro is here

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 07:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Hey got_speed?

I'll post pics of bits necessary to convert your Impulse this weekend. It's best to use a drill press of some sort, that way you can keep the recess in the chassis for the mounting screws. You should definitely do the conversion. You will not regret it. I can't seem to get the out of control imports link to work. How can I contact them? I REALLY need those pulleys. Big block tends to eat stock drivetrain parts. Good racing.
Old 03-06-2002, 10:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Finally got some pics for you got_speed?

Here is a pic of the bit I used to enlarge the recess in the chassis. It is best to use drill press of some sort. Just set the travel stop on the press so that it can't go too deep. That way you keep the recess in the chassis the same thickness.
Attached Thumbnails Impluse Pro is here-mvc-030s.jpg  
Old 03-06-2002, 10:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default The other bit

This is the bit I used to enlarge the motor mount holes in the chassis. I also used it to shave the motor mounts down. It is a carbide bit, very sharp. Although it won't be quite as sharp when you're done. There is a lot of cutting and grinding involved. Many metal splinters. Totally worth it though. The few people I've let drive my car are all believers now. Guess there might be more big block conversions running around soon. Just wait until my .21 is done Good luck and good racing.
Attached Thumbnails Impluse Pro is here-mvc-029s.jpg  
Old 03-06-2002, 11:43 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the feedback Nemesis.... check those drivetrain bearings every now and then

For those pullies you can order them from RB or better yet email:

Jim K.

Old 03-09-2002, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys I just picked up a used Impulse the other day. I was wondering if just replacing the shocktowers and new Pro rear uprights would make it pretty much the same as the Impulse Pro. I already have the radio plate, chasis stiffeners, centax clutch and 2sp. tranny, and belt tensioner along with a Pro rear diff. that's externally adjustable(uninstalled). I don't plan on getting the front one way yet until I'm a better driver. Any reccomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by vthondaboi; 03-09-2002 at 07:49 AM.
Old 03-09-2002, 01:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

We got our Serpent Impulse Parts in stock and they are available online now. We got more parts coming in and will be adding them to the website next week.

Also, our monthly special for the month of March: One lucky customer will receive a $50 gift certificate from us, good for any product in our store. Winner will be announced at the end of the month, for details, check out the monthly special page on our website.

Thanks

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 03-18-2002, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Does anyone know the drivetrain ratio for the Impulse???? I'd like to figure rollout but I'm not sure on the ratio.
Old 03-18-2002, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

been 9 days and no one has answered my question good luck with yours
Old 03-19-2002, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well the rear diff pully is 46T and the layshaft pully is 23T.
so the ratio is 2.

Last edited by Eddie M; 03-20-2002 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-19-2002, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Eddie.

vthondabio, I have the Pro kit and eveything you mention is in the kit. If you want a Pro, get the towers and a front one-way. The Pro kit is just a bunch of optional parts put in the kit. Everything should be readily available. If the car "feels" good driving it, I wouldn't change anything. If anything, make small changes.
Old 03-19-2002, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

thanks for the info Terror
Old 02-04-2015, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

woo, this post is old. does anyone know where i can see how to install the rear body mount kit for touring car bodies, to Impact and 835 chassis? the kit is also referred to as "body stiffners", part #808140.