Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Impluse Pro is here

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 06:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default What's happenin' got_speed?

Sorry about the late reply. This weekend was a killer. My big block Impulse got away from me. No real damage just my poor Lola body is not as pretty anymore. Spent most of the weekend rebuilding it. The lesson to be learned is protect your battery connection with your life. I read on the Richey mods post that you're going to build a big block Impulse. Excellent choice. .12 cannot handle the power production of bb .15. Before my runaway , I was dusting every .12 on the track. There is so much torque available at low revs my car just rockets out of turns. Even on the straight away at half throttle nothing could catch me. You will not be dissatisfied if you build it. I will post pics of new projects soon. .Novarossi R-1 .21 in Impulse and my new baby, Kyosho V-ONE RR . Good racing.
Old 02-19-2002, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: What's happenin' got_speed?

Originally posted by Nemesis
Sorry about the late reply. This weekend was a killer. My big block Impulse got away from me. No real damage just my poor Lola body is not as pretty anymore. Spent most of the weekend rebuilding it. The lesson to be learned is protect your battery connection with your life. I read on the Richey mods post that you're going to build a big block Impulse. Excellent choice. .12 cannot handle the power production of bb .15. Before my runaway , I was dusting every .12 on the track. There is so much torque available at low revs my car just rockets out of turns. Even on the straight away at half throttle nothing could catch me. You will not be dissatisfied if you build it. I will post pics of new projects soon. .Novarossi R-1 .21 in Impulse and my new baby, Kyosho V-ONE RR . Good racing.

Now that is what i call OUTLAW!!! ... ... I'll have to shop around for a good price on a X15 RB....then have it eagled ......BTW which dremell bits would i use the most to get that puppy in there.....
Old 02-19-2002, 04:56 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i don't get it so you have the fastest coolest car around, but who do you race???, don't get me wrong, but i am all about the racing being the best on a equal playing field..... very cool though...... but why not just jump to a impact, have better rims and tires and alittle more size without realy gaining any weight????? would be my thought of course it would be alot cheaper and you again would have a class to race with.....outlaw class still needs some restrictions, ie motor displacement, minimum weigt and chassie size, or you will soon be racing a 1/8 scale with your 1/10 scale, and if it hits you ouch.......all for 8 port modifyed .12's in a outlaw class with no restriction on body desighn, they will all be lola style of course(best aero) and it would be a killer fast racing
Old 02-19-2002, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

I totaly agree about racing on an equal playing field....that is why I run my V-One R with a legal engine .

As far as OUTLAW is concerned, so far I have not seen any restrictions on the class in my area...hence the name "outlaw" i guess. I for one would like to have a real outlaw class that have no restrictions except scale...where everyone can make homebrewed developments to make thier car faster and handle better with no limits. Why limit possibilities??

If anyone is thinking of putting some restrictions on 200mm cars running lola bodies....please call it something else but "Outlaw".

Eventualy things we learn in Outlaw will trickle down to other classes that are sanctioned.

Old 02-20-2002, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Check this out...

Old 02-20-2002, 02:03 PM
Company Representative

Thumbs up

yea aero is everything, i do think it is illegal in all classes though, not sure... must be a functional bumper then the aero is a perk... lexon is not a very good bumper...???
Old 02-20-2002, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Ammdrew...I picked that up from myTSN.com....i guess they are figuring out what regulations they would make to 200mm bodies....
Old 02-20-2002, 02:49 PM
Company Representative

for ifmar yes, and they have to figure them out before the world cup this summer, roar and norrca already have rules..... not sure about legality in those to sanctions though... but it is cool to be doin the bottom like the top, too bad we have to cut a hole to cool the motor, we ran a truck series a few years ago which was cool , no holes besides the motor sticking up..
Old 02-20-2002, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Default Pulleys for serpent cars

Originally posted by got_speed?
Aluminum Pulley's for Serpent Cars....

From RB Site:

This pullies are available from team magic...they are identical.
email [email protected] if you are interested.
thanks,
richard
www.outofcontrolimports.com
Old 02-20-2002, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Richard....I did order my V-OneR and MRX3 Pulleys etc etc from JIM.....great service!!!

Last edited by got_speed?; 02-20-2002 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-20-2002, 08:19 PM
Tech Adept

Default gotspeed

good to hear...
do you live in the bay area?
I live in san jose......
those pullies are the team magic ones that we are bringing in from over seas.....
they work great and are priced very reasonable.

talk to you later!
Rich
www.outofcontrolimports.com
Old 02-21-2002, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

Sticky Brakes

Hey guys...for those of you that have an Impulse, did you guys ever have the problem of the brake binding up? And I was just wonder does the impact bumper fit on the impulse? What are the exact parts that I will need?

Thanks.
Old 02-21-2002, 01:25 PM
Company Representative

brake can bind on the top, or the bottom, so the chassie or the brake brace, i grind the back edge off and polish the top and bottom and then smooth both recieving holes
Old 02-21-2002, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Sticky Brakes

Originally posted by E-volo
Hey guys...for those of you that have an Impulse, did you guys ever have the problem of the brake binding up? And I was just wonder does the impact bumper fit on the impulse? What are the exact parts that I will need?

Thanks.
evolo check out the thread above...I nemesis posted some part#'s and pics..
Old 02-21-2002, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default Thanks guys

Thanks guys. I'll try it out. I think it is binding in the bottom hole. Even though we blow the track it is still dusty so I think the bottom hole is binding.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.