Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Calling Manticore.....

A friend of mine is currently in the US Embassy in China....(I don't even know how far that is from HK, are there several embassies??) Any way I emailed him an he said he will ship me anything to the US as long as I can get it to his address.

Now for the question. What hobby shop in HK can I call to order a V-One-RR and Kawahara Parts?? Preferably one that would take a credit card over the phone.

It might be helpfull if you can direct me to a thier website if they have one.

Thanks a bunch
Happy New Year
Old 12-30-2001, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by got_speed?
Calling Manticore.....

A friend of mine is currently in the US Embassy in China....(I don't even know how far that is from HK, are there several embassies??) Any way I emailed him an he said he will ship me anything to the US as long as I can get it to his address.

Now for the question. What hobby shop in HK can I call to order a V-One-RR and Kawahara Parts?? Preferably one that would take a credit card over the phone.

It might be helpfull if you can direct me to a thier website if they have one.

Thanks a bunch
Happy New Year
Hi GS !!

One thing to bear in mind US embassy in China is physically located in Beijing but the US embassy in Hong Kong is located in Hong Kong. The distance between Hong Kong and Beijing is like a few hours flight.

Please double check on your friend's phisycal location as this really makes a hugh difference when your friend is actually in Beijing.
Old 12-30-2001, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

8 YEARS and you are still complaining it is not long lasting...... you are a difficult man to please!!!!
We need to count the longivity of usage rather then time in storage !!
Old 12-30-2001, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Manticore

in fact, fast servo wont improve your driving skill. I dont really like KO stuff except its TX. their servo is too noisy and not long lasting. But I have a 1003 fet servo which is still on my MTX2 after 8 years of storage and it was on a 1/8 inferno buggy.
I was using a pair of KO PS1001 Fet boost servo on my MTX-2 when I got the car! it was working fine but I decided to get into JR digital servo! And the best part is, those PS1001 were from my 1/8 scale onroad and I bought them back in 1990, they still work perfectly.

Ture fast and powerful servo wont improve driving skill but it will help improving driving skill by each individual since fast and powerful servo will do it's job holding steering position instead of rocking back and forth and driver need to fight for it!
Old 12-31-2001, 01:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Ah10

Trust me! the digital servo makes a big difference! It's like day and night! You have to try it to believe it! holding power is awesome! the car is less likely to push on the front end(granted assume you car is set up right)
You should see my rubber tire V-ONE R...I'm using both for throttle AND steering KO 2143's. Advantages of this servo: faster reaction to throttle and steering (0.08 s/60 degree speed at 6 volts), but mainly also because it is digital and it will ALWAYS center correctly. This is especially important when you steer and throttle, since it will always center straight when you steer, but also even for throttle if you set up your linkages correctly it will always center and close your carb just right.

Have to get another KO 2143 for my Foam car...it only has 1 2143 for steering but I want another for throttle! hehehe
Old 12-31-2001, 07:06 AM
Tech Champion

Kyosho has released some real nice hop up for its V1R/S and fantom such as teflon brake pad, steel braking disc, alloy pullies and more..........

But it has never been revealed on their web page.
Old 12-31-2001, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Manticore
Kyosho has released some real nice hop up for its V1R/S and fantom such as teflon brake pad, steel braking disc, alloy pullies and more..........

But it has never been revealed on their web page.
So many new parts for the V-ONE R...I want them all! Now I'm going to start working on making my drivetrain lighter so the car has less rotating mass so more speed...Still waiting for the V-ONE R Centax clutch to make it here in my country so I can get it for my cars.
Old 01-01-2002, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

OK Finally got the parts to do the RR conversion. Since I have no instructions to do it I need to ask a few questions.....

The front swaybar mounts, I am assuming you need to put two set screws into this mount, what sizes are these?

The front bumper, what screws do you use to attach the top angled plate to the bottom plate and the mounts?

Hope these questions are clear enough, if not just yell
Old 01-02-2002, 12:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by AMGRacer
OK Finally got the parts to do the RR conversion. Since I have no instructions to do it I need to ask a few questions.....

The front swaybar mounts, I am assuming you need to put two set screws into this mount, what sizes are these?

The front bumper, what screws do you use to attach the top angled plate to the bottom plate and the mounts?

AMG - Where did you get your conversion parts from? Did it come with the new Centax?
Old 01-02-2002, 07:40 AM
Tech Rookie

hi
Old 01-02-2002, 08:51 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AMGRacer

1. 4x8mm for upstops and 3x3mm to hold swaybar.

2. Angle plate is not held onto the front bumper, only held on by 2 3x8mm screws to top of gearbox.
Old 01-02-2002, 01:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me the internal ratio of the VoneR ?

TIA
Old 01-02-2002, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by adelmundo

AMG - Where did you get your conversion parts from? Did it come with the new Centax?
Got it from HK. No centax in the kit, I have a mugen centax anyhow.

The conversion kit is actually very simple:

2 new parts trees with all the front and rears parts on it plus the new swaybars
1 packet of new hardened pulleys with the 25t pulley in it
1 SP side belt
1 set of bars for the front swaybar

Thats basically it.

The centax uses all the parts from the kyosho Fantom centax minus the flywheel and weights. These are parts:

vz090 - flywheel
vz091 - flyweights
Old 01-02-2002, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dtm

1. 4x8mm for upstops and 3x3mm to hold swaybar.

2. Angle plate is not held onto the front bumper, only held on by 2 3x8mm screws to top of gearbox.
OK thanks dtm!! Much appreciated.

Another question, my V1R swaybar does not work with the V1RR rear treatment. It clashes on the 2 speed gears. Is the RR rear swaybar different to the R?

[edit] I can see that the RR has different "linkages" (use threaded rod rather than a turnbuckle) on the rear swaybar, but it still seems to hit the 2 speed some.

Last edited by AMGRacer; 01-02-2002 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-02-2002, 10:23 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

I have no problems with the rear sway bars! The lower balls (on the A-arms) are 4.8mm the upper balls (on sway bar) are 5.8mm. According to instructions you use the medium length 4.8mm closed ball ends, and the 5.8mm open ball ends, screw the two together with no space in between.

The size of the balls maybe the difference??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.