Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2001, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by adelmundo
Manticore - Can you give me a price quote for the V-ONE R conversion kit to the RR? Does the conversion kit come with the centax? Also what is the price of the Centax clutch by itself? I am planning to convert one V-ONE R to the RR, but leave the other car as my regular gear diff rubber car version but I do want to add the Centax on it.

Also if anyone is running an RR (either bought as a kit or converted to the RR), are you guys running it with solid rears, gear diffs, front one ways, or what?
I will answer on behalf on Manticore if u don't mind...
Only a shop in HK sells them in a package as far as I know... the conversion set cost around US$40 if I'm not wrong...
The conversion set does not come with centax of course!
The stuffs that come with the conversion set has been posted here in this thread before... u have to do some searching...
I'm trying my rear with a solid axial in place of the LSD and till now, it works great! With this conversion, there is no difference with a 1/8th other than the scale!
Old 12-29-2001, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Number9
Now that both the Kyosho LSD and the Kawahara negative diff parts are generally available, what are the circumstance, if any, when the former would be preferrable to the latter?
Most guys over here have tried the LSD and to some degree of disappointment, it is similiar to a rather loose diff... Some guys have even cracked the sun gear for your information... Given the price difference, a better try would be the negative diff...
Old 12-29-2001, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Mauler

Most guys over here have tried the LSD and to some degree of disappointment, it is similiar to a rather loose diff... Some guys have even cracked the sun gear for your information... Given the price difference, a better try would be the negative diff...
Yeah I heard a few ppl has problem with Kyosho LSD including our Master of RC Mr. MantiHardcore.

I have the Kawahara Negative Diff on my Mugen and I just absolutly love it! First of all, mantiance is very low almost next to nothing, if you do it right the first time! Thanks to Manticore's help on setting it up, expecially the choice of washer at the end of the small bevel gear shaft). As of today I probably had about 20~25 tanks of fuel on the diff after I set it up completely and it's still feel the same as day one. I guess the key is a sealed unit with the right lube and most importantly is the amount of lube.

Anyway back to the unit itself, on slow corner, Turning diameter is really small because of the loose diff, and when I punch it from exiting corners the car just rocket with without fish tailing or unstable rear(usually if you have a loose diff it will fish tailing because both rear wheel is fighting for traction) and most importantly on straight away the car is very stable, you dont have to fight the steering wheel to get a straight line when you are on and off throttle. Speaking of that, I had a good experience and example want to share with all of you! Yesterday I was running my car at revelation and there were a few cars running there too, cut the story short, I was with an impluse when we both exit the sweeper, I was on the inside and he was on the outside, swear to god, we were like 1 inch next to each other and we both were just WOT and we were neck to neck then we fender bender a little bit on a high speed straight away, I am guessing we are pretty much close to top speed but I was really suprise we werent into accident, we were just like bump and go type of accident! What I am trying to say is even on highspeed on throttle the diff is just like a solid axle small pushing impact will not upset the car, I guess it's a combination of a few components but I have tried this before I have the diff on and I just spun around!

I am very very happy with the Negative Diff! I guaranty you that you will not regret!
Old 12-29-2001, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

I saw that...... That was an awesome run Ah10.....can't wait for Speed Tech to carry the Kawahara Neg Diff for the V-One...

Was that Impulse you were running head to head with, running a solid rear axle??

I sold my Impulse Pro to Mtx...up north....I almost feel sorry I after seing that Impulse run like it was on rails....

Oh well, can't wait to put the V1RR when I get it.
Old 12-29-2001, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by got_speed?
I saw that...... That was an awesome run Ah10.....can't wait for Speed Tech to carry the Kawahara Neg Diff for the V-One...

Was that Impulse you were running head to head with, running a solid rear axle??

I sold my Impulse Pro to Mtx...up north....I almost feel sorry I after seing that Impulse run like it was on rails....

Oh well, can't wait to put the V1RR when I get it.
Yeah that was an impluse but I dont think he is running Solid Rear Axle! I am glad you saw what happened on the straight away! otherwise ppl will probably think I am bullshitting about the bump and go thing!

It was an unbelievable run! very exciting!
Old 12-29-2001, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

I have to run my car over there one of these days....that 2143 KOservo I picked up is great.....It should improve my driving skills

But wait...I won't be able to blame my crappy servo for my horrible driving anymore....
Old 12-29-2001, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

Manticore...DTM...what is $ 2000HK in $US....just curious...
Old 12-29-2001, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

I have to run my car over there one of these days....that 2143 KOservo I picked up is great.....It should improve my driving skills

But wait...I won't be able to blame my crappy servo for my horrible driving anymore....
Trust me! the digital servo makes a big difference! It's like day and night! You have to try it to believe it! holding power is awesome! the car is less likely to push on the front end(granted assume you car is set up right)
Old 12-29-2001, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Manticore...DTM...what is $ 2000HK in $US....just curious...
$1US = $7.78HKG, roughly
Old 12-29-2001, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Ah10.....

Where's that calculator??
Old 12-29-2001, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Ok....how much is a round trip ticket to HK??

Kidding aside....DTM...Manticore...I'm planning a trip to the Far East late next year...my wife would like to stop by at HK...to go do that girl thing.....I hope to see you guys in person....(this will give me a good reason not to go with her shopping)
Old 12-29-2001, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Ah10.....

Where's that calculator??
$2,000hkg roughly around $257~$260!
Old 12-29-2001, 02:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the good info, mauler & ah10. I just picked up a negative diff from Castle Hobbies. They've got a couple more in stock for both the V1-R and the MTX-2. Speedtech will have them next week as well. Don't know if either of them ship internationally though...
Old 12-29-2001, 02:52 PM
Ty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Anyone from Hong Kong:

Do you know of any hobby shops that will ship to the US. I am interested in purchasing a V1RR. Manticore previously posted that the average price was 1900 HK$ which makes it $243 US Dollars. That is a great price. Even with $40 for shipping it is still a great price. Please let me know of any shops that ship overseas. Thanks.
Old 12-29-2001, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Ty, he sells for a bit more than that, but it still is cheap compared to what we get it for and he ships over seas... http://controlcentre.rctech.net

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.