HAM: sure !!!!

Old 12-24-2001, 09:47 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Hop Ups!

Originally posted by FACTION95Si
Merry X mas everyone!

Santa is going to bring me some hop ups for my V-One R
Merry X'mas John,

May Santa visits us thru out the year !!
Old 12-25-2001, 12:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Manticore

just stick with the stock rear diff. some people (including me) has toasted the LSD big bevel gear. It just cracked in the middle. I suggest you to wait for the kawahara negative diff.
WOW! You cracked your bevel gear????? How did you do that? I have not had any failing or breakage with my Kyosho LSD, and in fact it worked REALLY well for me at a race we had here locally in the SF Bay Area (DELTA RC in Antioch, CA). The track was somewhat wet from rain because they couldn't get all the water dried off the track on race day, but with the LSD I was able to turn and corner even on the wet spots while running with rubber slicks! Even took first place as well in the Main!

I know the Kawahara LSD uses the clutch to lock the wheels at a certain RPM, but is there a point where the Kyosho LSD will lock or is it arbitrary when the gears heat and expand in the LSD to lock the wheels?

By the way everyone: MERRY XMAS!
Old 12-25-2001, 02:07 AM
Tech Regular

Is there really an RR version of the V-One? I have read some references about it, but can't really confirm it's existence....I know about the "V-One R with Hop-ups" as described by Tower Hobbies...can any of you guys enlighten me...
If it is available how much is it selling for and where?
Does it really come with a "Centax" type clutch?
Old 12-25-2001, 02:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by adelmundo

WOW! You cracked your bevel gear????? How did you do that? I have not had any failing or breakage with my Kyosho LSD, and in fact it worked REALLY well for me at a race we had here locally in the SF Bay Area (DELTA RC in Antioch, CA). The track was somewhat wet from rain because they couldn't get all the water dried off the track on race day, but with the LSD I was able to turn and corner even on the wet spots while running with rubber slicks! Even took first place as well in the Main!

I know the Kawahara LSD uses the clutch to lock the wheels at a certain RPM, but is there a point where the Kyosho LSD will lock or is it arbitrary when the gears heat and expand in the LSD to lock the wheels?

Adelmundo...do you have the part# for that Kyosho LSD clutch??
Old 12-25-2001, 02:32 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by got_speed?
Is there really an RR version of the V-One? I have read some references about it, but can't really confirm it's existence....I know about the "V-One R with Hop-ups" as described by Tower Hobbies...can any of you guys enlighten me...
If it is available how much is it selling for and where?
Does it really come with a "Centax" type clutch?
Yes it does exist!!! I have one!! Check out the link;

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/main-j.html
Old 12-25-2001, 07:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys...
I want to get the reflex NT, just because i dont have to get all the options loose. i just get the lot all at one time...
I wonder if there are any parts (if i break them) that i cant get from KYOSHO??
Maybe someone here knows?
I really like the R, but our local shops are so expensive, that i am actually saving money if i order a Reflex NT from the states(USA) to Norway..
Problem is that we have no trinity dealers... most parts look like The kyosho parts, but which are not???
I know the 2speed looks like the serpent one...

Please help....

Old 12-25-2001, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by dtm

Yes it does exist!!! I have one!! Check out the link;

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/main-j.html
ok....that's it..... how can I get one???? Someone is buying my MK II...I need a replacement......I'm giving up on the Yokomo GT4Pro I ordered 2 months ago.....

How much and where?

Last edited by got_speed?; 12-25-2001 at 08:15 AM.
Old 12-25-2001, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by got_speed?

Adelmundo...do you have the part# for that Kyosho LSD clutch??
Kyosho's part # is VZW009
Old 12-25-2001, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

By the way has anyone tried using the Kyosho LSD for both the front and rear? i have it on the rear right now and it works great! I want to put another set on the front and set what it does (since real size all-wheel drive cars have LSD's in both the front and rear, our RC Touring Sedans are also all-wheel drive as well so I want to see if it has the same affect).
Old 12-25-2001, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Adelmundo.....
Old 12-25-2001, 10:55 AM
Tech Champion

Well, you never know what will happen with your LSD. actually the LSD works great but then we have people here including me cracked the bevel gear. So, the LSD big bevel gear prone to break but depend on sooner? or later?
Old 12-26-2001, 06:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

I found changing the LSD oil will help a bit. every 3 race meeting.
all mine friends have broken their lsd within 2 to 5 race meeting.
May be is the wide 30mm foam tires that we are using which puts too much loading on the diff. !!!

However, just made small adjustment to the car yesterday and my lap time was the same using standard gear diff. so will not use the lsd again.
Old 12-26-2001, 08:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by kitracer
I found changing the LSD oil will help a bit. every 3 race meeting.
all mine friends have broken their lsd within 2 to 5 race meeting.
May be is the wide 30mm foam tires that we are using which puts too much loading on the diff. !!!

However, just made small adjustment to the car yesterday and my lap time was the same using standard gear diff. so will not use the lsd again.
where did you run your V1R ? EGR?
Old 12-27-2001, 12:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Manticore

where did you run your V1R ? EGR?
EGR, with mr chui.

did not race last week, just finishing off the RR. May be is me, the RR is quicker than R!!! both on the initial steering and top speed. best lap down by 0.3 sec.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.