Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by asd
ok, thxs guys
one more thing, i noticed that the front belt is really loose, should i use a 19tooth pulley instead of the 18toth pulley that is currently in there??
You will change your front drive ratio if you do. I would not advise it. Just get a new belt, they are really cheap.
Old 11-25-2002, 04:50 PM
asd
Tech Addict

ok, thxs
by teh way, i got my drivetrain REALLY smooth, i cleeaned out all the bearings et, etc
sooooooo smooooooooth, lol
Old 11-25-2002, 10:07 PM
Tech Rookie

if your v1r swerves when braking,check if its tweak and the setting of the suspension component(droop,same distance of the ball cup left and right side if it has same distance, and also i would like to know if what track are you running at?is it asphalt,concrete..etc.
Old 11-27-2002, 04:49 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone tried the Titanium middle and main shafts?

Kyosho VZW025 Titanium middle shaft-US$12.
Kyosho VZW026 Titanium main shaft-US$16.

They are kind of pricey, and I'd hate to spend the money on something that's not going to last.
Old 11-27-2002, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Default Question

Has anyone tried changing over to the V1RR rear floating body mounts on their sedan. Do you gain anything on a sedan body?

Thanks,
Old 11-27-2002, 08:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Question

Originally posted by popsracer
Has anyone tried changing over to the V1RR rear floating body mounts on their sedan. Do you gain anything on a sedan body?

Thanks,
I think this has been debated before... Any added downforce is good. This is because the downforce on the rear body / wing (if any) will act directly on the rear wheel hubs instead of acting on the chassis which in turn will compress the suspension...
Old 11-27-2002, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Question

Originally posted by InitialD
I think this has been debated before... Any added downforce is good. This is because the downforce on the rear body / wing (if any) will act directly on the rear wheel hubs instead of acting on the chassis which in turn will compress the suspension...
Boy has it been debated, even down to wich body does and doesnt work (in general)

Try it you might like it MIKEY sorry was reliving my youth, boy is that an oxymoron
Old 11-29-2002, 08:47 PM
asd
Tech Addict

did the v one r/rr ll the sudden die? was there a v one r/rr hunt conducted by mugen seiki to eliminate the competition? c'mon guys.

hey clamassive, how's the v one rr holding up at ur track?
hey patelladragger, how about those laptimes between teh v one rr and teh mtx-3??

wanna hear somting very stupid i di, lol. i dremeled off some of the plastic on teh rear hub carriers to accomadate 30mm foams. hope fully i havent weakened them too much, any input?
Old 11-29-2002, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by asd
did the v one r/rr ll the sudden die? was there a v one r/rr hunt conducted by mugen seiki to eliminate the competition? c'mon guys.

hey clamassive, how's the v one rr holding up at ur track?
hey patelladragger, how about those laptimes between teh v one rr and teh mtx-3??

wanna hear somting very stupid i di, lol. i dremeled off some of the plastic on teh rear hub carriers to accomadate 30mm foams. hope fully i havent weakened them too much, any input?
I think all those boys who have to have all those NEW toys got one

should be fine as long as,you didnt take off too much
Old 11-30-2002, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

ASD, I havent driven the V one RR since the first time I drove at my local track. I havent had the time, I have too much school stuff right now. But otherwise its been holding up well. I have no plans to buy the latest and trendiest car. I just dont have the cash flow for that. Nor would I really want too. I havent seen anything that convinces me that the V1RR cant hang with the competition. The V1rr in my opinion will be more than competitive for quite a while yet.

Patella, I'd still like to know how you feel the 2 cars compare to one another; how they differ performance wise.

Last edited by calimassive; 11-30-2002 at 05:53 AM.
Old 11-30-2002, 08:24 AM
asd
Tech Addict

yay!
we finally got this thread moving again...
anyhow, its good to ear teh vonerr is holding up well.
yes patella, share with us ur knowledge
Old 11-30-2002, 01:18 PM
Regional Moderator

Yes, I would definitely like to know the comparison of the MTX-3 and V-One RR too. While I am waiting for Control Centre to see if they can acquire all the items I am looking for I am debating whether or not to purchase a V-One RR or a MTX-3. I have a Reflex already, but really like the Floating Rear Body Mount from the RR so I am thinking of upgrading my Reflex.

patelladragger-

Please give us an honest testimonial of both cars. A V-One RR with some hop-ups is going to cost me about $500.00, so before I lay out that kind of money I would like to know if its actually worth it. Also, does anyone know if Kyosho will be releasing a new nitro sedan anytime soon?

In what areas does each particular car have advantages over the other? Do you think a V-One RR with a 24-tooth pulley conversion have greater straightaway speed than the MTX-3? I have heard that the MTX-3 has some gearing problems, and since I race on a fairly large track the MTX-3 might be outran down the straightaway. How is the handling of the MTX-3? Is it significantly better than the V-One RR, or not better at all? Any other entities in which you feel one car is superior over the other?

Sorry for the barage of questions! I would like to have some hands-on advice of both cars so any advice and suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!
Old 11-30-2002, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Wow i have the same questions rich i might get a v1rr or a mtx3 for next season
and i need a killer mod motor so i can keep my mind on handeling not making power
Old 11-30-2002, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

motor? you mean engine right? are you an electric driver?
just given you a hard time
Old 11-30-2002, 06:58 PM
asd
Tech Addict

LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.