Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2001, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: One way!!

Originally posted by Mauler
I'm sure some of u out there had this problem before. I juz got the VoneR recently and boy, I was impressed with the whole layout in general. Juz one small problem, wen I brake along the straights, the car swerves very suddenly to one side! Could it be the one way I'm using?
For all the gurus out there, please offer a solution...Or shall I change back to the old trusty diff...
if your driving style need brake most of the time then you need to switch back to diff. but if you can adjust your driving style with the one-way i am sure you lap time will be much faster. yes the car spin when you apply brake with one-way
Old 09-06-2001, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Well with a one-way diff, brakes aren't really an option. Especially with rubber tires. Are you using rubber tires? You have to drive with a roll into the corner. Maybe a slight amount of drag brake could be used, but be careful. One-way is mostly designed for this car with foam tires in mind with it ROAR legal.
Old 09-06-2001, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

I am having slight trouble with car loose on power. 33,000 in front and 10,000 in rear. Am going to 5,00 in rear to see if that helps next time. This problem is on parking lot asphalt tracks with rubber tires. Let me know if this rear diff oil change is correct?
Also, is everyone running the kit clutch? Is there any options?
I am wondering if mine is sticking engaged when off throttle sometimes.
Thanks for any help.
Old 09-06-2001, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by cornerspeed
Well with a one-way diff, brakes aren't really an option. Especially with rubber tires. Are you using rubber tires? You have to drive with a roll into the corner. Maybe a slight amount of drag brake could be used, but be careful. One-way is mostly designed for this car with foam tires in mind with it ROAR legal.
one-way has been widely use on EP touring and it is all the way running on rubber tire.
Old 09-06-2001, 07:27 PM
Tech Champion

I am having slight trouble with car loose on power. 33,000 in front and 10,000 in rear. Am going to 5,00 in rear to see if that helps next time. This problem is on parking lot asphalt tracks with rubber tires. Let me know if this rear diff oil change is correct?
Also, is everyone running the kit clutch? Is there any options?
I am wondering if mine is sticking engaged when off throttle sometimes.
Thanks for any help.
try 10000 front and 5000 rear.

the kit clutch is not so good as the clutch spring is too soft and that makes the car lack of punch out of corner. there is an option of harder spring which is coated with blue color.
Old 09-06-2001, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I drive double one-way (front and mid one-way) on most of my TCs no matter it is GP or EP, all are running with rubber tires. On high grip surface, they are cool
Old 09-06-2001, 11:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ernestf
I drive double one-way (front and mid one-way) on most of my TCs no matter it is GP or EP, all are running with rubber tires. On high grip surface, they are cool
i second.
Old 09-07-2001, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

manticore, nono, u are way faster than me. u first, i second.
Old 09-07-2001, 01:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ernestf
manticore, nono, u are way faster than me. u first, i second.
Hee Hee, i mean i support your say.
Old 09-07-2001, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Well a lot of american tracks are unprepared asphalt surface parking lots. Also high track temps. The only use of one-way diff in a gas car around here is with foam tires on purpose built tracks so far that I have tried. What are your droop settings for one-ways with rubber tires? I currently run 0 mm frt. 3mm rear. Is that clutch spring a Kyosho option? If is, what is the #?
Thanks.
Old 09-07-2001, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Well a lot of american tracks are unprepared asphalt surface parking lots. Also high track temps. The only use of one-way diff in a gas car around here is with foam tires on purpose built tracks so far that I have tried. What are your droop settings for one-ways with rubber tires? I currently run 0 mm frt. 3mm rear. Is that clutch spring a Kyosho option? If is, what is the #?
Thanks.
I have mid and front one-way on my V1R. i have around 1.5mm front and no droop setting in the rear for rubber tire
Old 09-09-2001, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Anybody wanna trade a V1R for a hopped up Impulse?
Old 09-10-2001, 11:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Gearing

Does anybody have genral gearing advice for long flowing tracks and tight technical tracks?
Old 09-10-2001, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

my car was dailed yesturday. Thanks for everyone's help.
Old 09-10-2001, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

I have yet to see the new Associated TC3 nitro (the new one not the Conversion), but I have already seen the new Tamiya TG10R Shaft Drive and this car is SLICK! Out of the box graphite upperdeck and shock towers, 2 speed, and very adjustabale as well. the one I saw here ran at the last CASTLE hobbies nitro race in San Jose, CA, and the driver (sponsored by Tamiya) was hitting excellent lap times on it and made it to the A Mains Expert class (if you know CASTLE Hobbies races then you know how good the competition there is). That car was VERY fast and i was VERY impressed with it. I talked to the driver of the car and the car costs $220 (no engine and body dunno if it comes with a stock set of wheels or not). I was very impressed with the car, and though I am a KYOSHO fan all the way, I MAY buy one of these cars just for the hell of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.