Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

yeah, they are the picco brothers themselves.
Old 09-17-2002, 07:46 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Bugger off, Simon is a great driver, he's almost as good as me. He's not doing this with unlimitted factory support he's just a Voner driver. Nothing special about his car, it's the same car you or I would race, his car came out of a box the same as we get. No drive this car please, he drives the car because he loves it. Now tell me what's more important to us mere mortals, a great driver or a car that can take us to the very top?
Old 09-17-2002, 07:50 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

And to add insult to injury it looks as though a Crow eater team may make the Grand Final, yuk.
Old 09-17-2002, 07:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by rjl
For all the voner fans out there, Simon Camilleri from Oz is fifth fastest after timed practice, Simon is as close as you can get to a privateer. He runs only the same equipment that you or I would have. I don't think he would be driving a Serpent as listed, to the best of my knowledge he is using the V-one-RR with JP-S3 engine. If Simon can make the A, I think he may be a threat to the "names". Good luck you little ozzie bleeder!!!!!!!!!!
Those jokers doing the registration over there probably do not know what a V1R is or how it looks like... Looking at how similar these cars look like, they would have assumed that it was a Serpent...
Old 09-17-2002, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Okay guys, thought that I might as well post the pic of my ex VoneR, since it's already been sold.. here goes. The engine is actually a O.S CVR with a Hyper CV heatsink, while the engine with the chrome heatsink is one of my old Nova Rossi C12 which belongs to my Old FW04.

Old 09-17-2002, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rjl
Bugger off, Simon is a great driver, he's almost as good as me. He's not doing this with unlimitted factory support he's just a Voner driver. Nothing special about his car, it's the same car you or I would race, his car came out of a box the same as we get. No drive this car please, he drives the car because he loves it. Now tell me what's more important to us mere mortals, a great driver or a car that can take us to the very top?
he's got the funds to fly across the world and camp out for two weeks to race his car? That's more mortal than most.

I do think if he makes the main and he's not sponsored (AND HE DOESN'T LIVE IN OHIO), that's saying a helluva lot about the v1r. I wish him luck.
Old 09-17-2002, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

Smile V-1-RR

Everbody I'm at the races the V-1-RR AND V-1-R ARE BOTH LOOKING very good. This is a home track for me but I'm not racing. I can't stop work to race for a week. But it's a lot of fun. tone go V-1-R'S
Old 09-17-2002, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

yo tone give us the scoop man! We're out here dieing for news. Who is driving the V1R / RR? what engine / pipe? Can you get any shots of the cars? They using pulley conversion?
Old 09-17-2002, 01:50 PM
Regional Moderator

I am eager to know how the V-One R/RR is doing at the Nats. Are the team drivers using the "RR" Floating Rear Body Mount or the"R" standard rear body mount? All teams' cars are using standard body mounting. I am surprised Serpent did not design a Floating Rear Body Mount into the desgin of the 750. Even the new 1/10th 235mm car they designed (I think the 850?) does not use a Floating Rear Body Mount.
Old 09-17-2002, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

NTC3 nut or anyone else at the Worlds. You guys there? See any Kyosho V1r or V1rr's on the scene? and how are they fairing? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 09-17-2002, 06:47 PM
asd
Tech Addict

as do i

sincerely, a young hoolagin
Old 09-17-2002, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

apparently a adrian bertin of kyosho put in a good run for a top position but was disqualified for using a turbo plug Wonder is that disqualified from the event or from that qualifier?
Old 09-17-2002, 08:20 PM
asd
Tech Addict

damn, thats gotta suck
are internal modifications allowed for the ifmar 1/10th worlds?
Old 09-18-2002, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by patelladragger
apparently a adrian bertin of kyosho put in a good run for a top position but was disqualified for using a turbo plug Wonder is that disqualified from the event or from that qualifier?
Which lead to the question, is everyone running turbos with standard heads/buttons? Did he just forget to change the head over? I've heard a lot of sportsman are doing this at ROAR events and aren't getting caught... according to ROAR's latest rule changes, is this legal??? What about IFMAR?
Old 09-18-2002, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

as long as it's 4 ports or under my understanding is it's ROAR legal. People switch the button on their 3 port turbo's and they're perfectly legal - that's what I'm planning to do. I'm not sure about ifmar rules though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.