Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2002, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

I've got the one-way in. I've got a gang of other cars but whenever I pull the voner out I do well. It took me to a 3rd in a-main last week so I'm going to focus on it now.

I just picked up a 27t pulley and I'm running the zac 26/32mm setup. I was wondering what handling/speed characteristics the large pulleys do to the car.
Old 05-11-2002, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Patelladragger, a larger differential in the front of the car(underdrive) will give the car more steering when entering a turn. If you install the larger diff in the rear(overdrive), you will acheive more steerng when exiting a turn. As for speed, just gear the car so you have the same overall gear ratio as you had before.
Old 05-11-2002, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

ok - i'm trying to understand all that. If more steering coming out with overdrive - why do people say use one-way if you run overdrive, and why do they say use overdrive if you're running the inched-up foams?

I had thought the overdrive pulley went on the front - now I'm a little lost where to put it.
Old 05-11-2002, 08:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

haha....Thank U
i always did that ! no problem !
Old 05-11-2002, 08:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

SPEED SECRET no good to me now.......I'm going over to EP.......unless I can find a similar way to bring more lubricant to the front bearing of my electric motors!!!
use a oil pump installed on your car for the front bearing !
Old 05-11-2002, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by patelladragger
I've got the one-way in. I've got a gang of other cars but whenever I pull the voner out I do well. It took me to a 3rd in a-main last week so I'm going to focus on it now.

I just picked up a 27t pulley and I'm running the zac 26/32mm setup. I was wondering what handling/speed characteristics the large pulleys do to the car.
depending on your setup !
Old 05-11-2002, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by proudwinner
Patelladragger, a larger differential in the front of the car(underdrive) will give the car more steering when entering a turn. If you install the larger diff in the rear(overdrive), you will acheive more steerng when exiting a turn. As for speed, just gear the car so you have the same overall gear ratio as you had before.
the O/D or U/D thing is to let you play around with the characteristic of the car being % to % of front to rear drive. You should know the difference of FWD and RWD.

You may also play around with tire size to obtain different characteristic of the car.
Old 05-11-2002, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Manticore hit the OD/UD nail on the head. Just think of a smaller tire(diameter) as a smaller diff. Visa vesa for a bigger tire. Now experiment w/the pulleys to find a good setup for the surface you race on.
Old 05-11-2002, 08:26 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by patelladragger
ok - i'm trying to understand all that. If more steering coming out with overdrive - why do people say use one-way if you run overdrive, and why do they say use overdrive if you're running the inched-up foams?

I had thought the overdrive pulley went on the front - now I'm a little lost where to put it.
You need the one way with O/D because when going down the straight (or anywhere for that matter) the front wheels will be going faster than the rear. This is not a good characteristic when off throttle.

PS- The 27T you got is not for O/D it is std on R. You want 25T (or Mugen 24T
Old 05-11-2002, 08:29 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manticore

depending on your setup !
hmmm....I never did get round to trying my 24/18 setup on the RR.......now have brand spanking new HB pulley for RR!!
Old 05-11-2002, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

hmmm....I never did get round to trying my 24/18 setup on the RR.......now have brand spanking new HB pulley for RR!!
what 24/18?? pulley or pinion?
Old 05-11-2002, 08:34 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

what 24/18?? pulley or pinion?
You know we are having the side belt/exhaust manifold clearance problem on the RR with the Kawa lower mounts. Well I figured I can get better clearance using smaller pullies on the side. Original 25/19=1.316 at 24/18=1.333......slight difference which you should be able to easily take out with tire size!!
Old 05-11-2002, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

You know we are having the side belt/exhaust manifold clearance problem on the RR with the Kawa lower mounts. Well I figured I can get better clearance using smaller pullies on the side. Original 25/19=1.316 at 24/18=1.333......slight difference which you should be able to easily take out with tire size!!
this makes thing a bit complicated ! but it does help when we use the 3 racing chassis. this chassis makes the long belt very tight.
Old 05-11-2002, 08:39 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

this makes thing a bit complicated ! but it does help when we use the 3 racing chassis. this chassis makes the long belt very tight.
Mind you.....I looked at my RR belt last night...it is still the original.....the belt has stretched a LOT and is now more flexible than the Xray belts!!!! certainly sorted out any clearance problems!!!! although it will only come back again when you change to new belt!!!
Old 05-11-2002, 08:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

Mind you.....I looked at my RR belt last night...it is still the original.....the belt has stretched a LOT and is now more flexible than the Xray belts!!!! certainly sorted out any clearance problems!!!! although it will only come back again when you change to new belt!!!
my belt never stretches

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.