Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

I notice the car accelerates well with the lightened shafts, but it's possible the car doesn't quite roll as far off throttle (although I've changed to the Kfactory chassis and notice it somehow tensions the mid belt more). It seemed my car didn't quite carry the same momentum rolling through tight corners...not in a real bad way, just need to adjust driving a bit to it.
Old 03-01-2002, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by kevink2
I notice the car accelerates well with the lightened shafts, but it's possible the car doesn't quite roll as far off throttle (although I've changed to the Kfactory chassis and notice it somehow tensions the mid belt more). It seemed my car didn't quite carry the same momentum rolling through tight corners...not in a real bad way, just need to adjust driving a bit to it.
the K factory chassis made the mid belt lot more tension. it is a strong chassis but I thinking to switch back to other 3mm chassis because no matter how many tank I run, the mid belt is too tight.....
Old 03-01-2002, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by kitracer

no matter how many tank I run, the mid belt is too tight.....

Can you adjust you tensioner?
Old 03-01-2002, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Originally posted by kitracer

no matter how many tank I run, the mid belt is too tight.....

Can you adjust you tensioner?
just take the tensioner right of. remember too much tension on the belts will slow the car down.
Old 03-01-2002, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder

just take the tensioner right of. remember too much tension on the belts will slow the car down.
I'll try it... you're right, in this case it's unnecessary.
Old 03-01-2002, 11:19 PM
Tech Regular

Not a really good idea to take the tensioner off... just adjust it to the minimum and make sure it does not hit the exhaust header or something on your car.

Other than tensioning the belt, the belt tensioner serves another purpose. It changes the first form of harmonics created by the high RPM to other orders, thus limiting the extend the middle belt would "expand". This effect is especially predominant in cars/kits with a long belt configuration, like that of a V One R and Impulse. And remember, the higher the RPM goes, the tighter the belt's gona be and "expand" to a greater extend.

Bottomline, not very advisable to take the tensioner off...

Hope this helps...
Old 03-01-2002, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

[so what your saying mauler is the belt has "Washing machine on spin cycle" effect? the high rpm's will tend to throw the belt away from the pulleys due to the large area of belt not being pushed down.

fair enough. my tensioner hits my exhaust. doesn't seem to cause a problem though., if the tensioner wasn't there the pipe would be hitting the top deck (i just got the v1r)
Old 03-03-2002, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Default hopped up v one r for sale

Im selling my back up car for my v one r if anyone is interested let me know. here are the hopups which these are from k-factory

FRONT ONE WAY, FRONT AND REAR SWAYBARS, ALLUM RADIO PLATE POSTS. LOW CENTER GRAVITY FUEL TANK, ALLUM 32T DIFF PULLEY FOR THE FRONT, ALL ALLUM PULLIES WHICH INCLUDES THE BRAKE PULLY, SIDE, AND MID FRONT PULLY, GRAPHITE FRONT SHOCK TOWER, 4MM CHASSIS WITH SPECIAL REMOVABLE CARBON FIBER PLATE FOR THE RX PACK, GRAPHITE BRAKE BRAKET STIFFENER, EVERYTHING IS IT EXCELLENT SHAPE AND YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED. ALSO A GRAPHITE UPPERDECK WITH SPECIAL RECIEVER HOUSING.

everything is in good condtion and ran it 2 times when trying out my friends os .12tr motor.
just a couple lite nicks on the bottom of the chassi everything is clean and spotless. email me at [email protected] for pics 375shipped
Old 03-05-2002, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

[so what your saying mauler is the belt has "Washing machine on spin cycle" effect? the high rpm's will tend to throw the belt away from the pulleys due to the large area of belt not being pushed down.

fair enough. my tensioner hits my exhaust. doesn't seem to cause a problem though., if the tensioner wasn't there the pipe would be hitting the top deck (i just got the v1r)
Half right there... it could be bad running without a tensioner especially if ur gona run a .15 size header on ur engine... the belt's gona do the sanding of the header for you, and before you know it, it's time for another trip to ur LHS...

BTW, the belt tensioner should not be touching ur header at all... perhaps u should check out on that...
Old 03-05-2002, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Mauler

Half right there... it could be bad running without a tensioner especially if ur gona run a .15 size header on ur engine... the belt's gona do the sanding of the header for you, and before you know it, it's time for another trip to ur LHS...

BTW, the belt tensioner should not be touching ur header at all... perhaps u should check out on that...
Seems very quite here recently... where have all the regulars gone to?
Old 03-05-2002, 09:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Where is everyone?

You're right Mauler, this site has been dead lately.
Old 03-05-2002, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Mauler

Thanks for the info Mauler... I noticed immediately that the belt hit the header, so I put the tensioner back on. I may go back to the original chassis shortly. The belt right now is firm but not overly tight-just tighter than it was with the stock chassis.
Old 03-05-2002, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

OK anyone know where in they can find a KO Vantage Esprit II radio (2 stick)? I think I'm going to run my V-One R on a 2 stick system hehehehe.
Old 03-05-2002, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by adelmundo
OK anyone know where in they can find a KO Vantage Esprit II radio (2 stick)? I think I'm going to run my V-One R on a 2 stick system hehehehe.
Masamimundo!
Old 03-05-2002, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by kevink2

Masamimundo!
Actually I would need to buy 2. One is for my great uncle (grandfather's brother) who is disabled due to a stroke and he can't grip like a fist with his left hand so he can't use a pistol grip, but he can move the left stick with his thumb. The other hand is OK. I want one for myself just to try it for the heck of it hehehe!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.