Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-2

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2001, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by Manticore

I am surprised to see this baby is sleepy at this time !!

Still at work. Its nearly 1 in the morning here.
Old 11-18-2001, 04:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Novarossi

Still at work. Its nearly 1 in the morning here.
that's the way how you can afford to hop up your MTX2 !!!! so do we !
Old 11-18-2001, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

that's the way how you can afford to hop up your MTX2 !!!! so do we !
Actually to keep away for my wife

Im saving up to go interstate next weekend for a big meet (tropheys/cars to win). Too lazy to change my setup. Still got one-way and 100k in the rear. Everyone who has raced at this track, is telling me this combo will not work. "Master NR will make it work" is my response
Old 11-18-2001, 05:03 AM
Tech Champion

Actually to keep away for my wife

Im saving up to go interstate next weekend for a big meet (tropheys/cars to win). Too lazy to change my setup. Still got one-way and 100k in the rear. Everyone who has raced at this track, is telling me this combo will not work. "Master NR will make it work" is my response
if the track you are going to race on has normal to low traction, you will have trouble.
Old 11-18-2001, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

if the track you are going to race on has normal to low traction, you will have trouble.
Its a Carpark from what I've been told. Traction is low

Last time I raced at a carpark was 3 years ago.

Taking off the one way and replacing it with a diff, plus removing and changing rear diff to 5000wt-10000wt oil will take forever.

I picked up some softer tyres today (now trying GRP Gindardi 40front/35 rear). Im hooked to FAST tyres, but just want to make sure the Gindardi's arn't better (from what I've been told, they are the exact same tyres anyway)

Biggest problem with the PRO that all the racers are complaining about here at our club - removing the wheels!!!
Old 11-18-2001, 06:11 AM
Tech Champion

Its a Carpark from what I've been told. Traction is low

Last time I raced at a carpark was 3 years ago.

Taking off the one way and replacing it with a diff, plus removing and changing rear diff to 5000wt-10000wt oil will take forever.

I picked up some softer tyres today (now trying GRP Gindardi 40front/35 rear). Im hooked to FAST tyres, but just want to make sure the Gindardi's arn't better (from what I've been told, they are the exact same tyres anyway)

Biggest problem with the PRO that all the racers are complaining about here at our club - removing the wheels!!!
you may keep your front one-way but you need to soften your rear diff oil to around #5000 or so.
Old 11-18-2001, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

the translation master from altavista said : -

In order to obtain the offset which is optimum to the sponge tire, the conversion kit which uses the short suspension arm, short dry dock horn and the wide hub et cetera. Being mild, you can obtain the traction which it stabilizes. In addition, e.g., the tire decreases conversely tapered, it can prevent.
These arms are so you can use 32mm foam on the rear of the Mugen.
Old 11-18-2001, 11:08 PM
Pek
Tech Rookie

Default pro spec

Anyone know where i can buy a mugen mtx-2 pro spec or if they are even available.
Old 11-18-2001, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: pro spec

Originally posted by Pek
Anyone know where i can buy a mugen mtx-2 pro spec or if they are even available.
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 11-19-2001, 02:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Thanks!

Sharp

Pro - $750
RB Fuel, $50/5 litres (Jungle Jooze)

All in NSW.
Thanks for replying Mr NR. Is "Jungle Jooze" another name for RB fuel or is it another brand which is similar? $10 per litre is pretty good price! Any Australian online hobby shops have this or any body around Brisbane use this fuel?
Old 11-19-2001, 02:14 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Thanks!

Originally posted by SHARP

Thanks for replying Mr NR. Is "Jungle Jooze" another name for RB fuel or is it another brand which is similar? $10 per litre is pretty good price! Any Australian online hobby shops have this or any body around Brisbane use this fuel?
RB Distibutor in Australia is Randall.

Here is the site - http://www.genisys.net.au

It tells you which hobby shops in Australia deal with him. Jungle Jooze im pretty sure use RB fuel (no 100% sure).

For Mugen gear, best and cheapest place is www.adrenalinracing.com

There webpage hasn't been updated for years but there is a contact number and email address there (located in Sydney as well)

I know the Kerr's in QLD are the Mugen dealers there.
Old 11-19-2001, 02:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you once again NR, you have been very helpful. The race you are going to interstate wouldn't be in QLD would it? How do you find out when and where races are on? Sorry for what must seem like stupid questions but I am just getting started in this!!
Old 11-19-2001, 02:54 AM
Tech Elite

Thank you once again NR, you have been very helpful. The race you are going to interstate wouldn't be in QLD would it? How do you find out when and where races are on? Sorry for what must seem like stupid questions but I am just getting started in this!!
Thats cool dude. I was in QLD 3 months ago for the State Titles. Im down to Canberra next week for DSI/Meca Finals (big meet) and then off to Melbourne in January for the Vic State Titles.

Good Aus mag is called 'Racing Lines' which comes out 9 times a year. It shows all future meets and Aust hobby shops.
Old 11-19-2001, 03:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

OK thank you for all your help tonight, I think that is all for now . BTW when can we see some more videos from you? The one where you did the lap of moorebank(?) was very nice!
Old 11-19-2001, 03:19 AM
Tech Elite

OK thank you for all your help tonight, I think that is all for now . BTW when can we see some more videos from you? The one where you did the lap of moorebank(?) was very nice!
Hopefully Nitro Dave brings down his camera this weekend when we go together to Canberra. Get some pics and videos (could be a laugh on this track because of the one-way/100k combo )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.