Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by _cyclops_
Hi Guys,

I've been running the NT1 for a while now, i like the car a lot. One thing i always have trouble with is the clutch. It just doesn't seem to be ok. Setting it is fine, so it engages pretty good but not as good as i want. This seems to because of some play on the clutch bell and the bearings. Anybody noticed this too, the small bearing in front of the clutch always has some play. How did you guys removed that?

Regards,
Ruben
I changed to a serpent WC clutch It's a perfect fit, a much better clutch which is easy to set up. It's also about 10 grams lighter than the original xray clutch(without any options).
Old 04-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

how about pinions? I heard that serpent pinions are crap... can we use xray ones on them?
Old 04-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just use the Capricorn WC-Clutch. It's way better than the original one and also much lighter.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by musti72
how about pinions? I heard that serpent pinions are crap... can we use xray ones on them?
Xray pinion's are a straight fit.

In my opinion the capricorn clutch is way to expensive, it's almost double the price of the serpent clutch.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grub
gidday jelayne
mate first i would check your bearinngs on the two spead shaft and the bearing in your clutch bell
also check the travel on the throttle servo as to much end play will pull on the carby and move the your gear mesh..
just check to make shore the engine is square to the engine mounts as you can get second gear to mesh up perfectly but end up with to much of a cap on the first gear...
also how old your engine the front bearings not shot is it????
In checking it over after all the suggestions, I realised I am getting some movement when the carby slides for brakes, i have increased the the EPA to reduce the movement but I have gotten to 120 EPA on Brakes and still movement, if I reduce the EPA movement increases
Old 04-07-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i dunno about the NT1 but on the mugen there is a nut thing on the wire from the brake arm to the servo and all u do is tighten it a bit more, also screw the screws in on the brake pads mabey a 1/4 of a turn then try i again.

Mitchell
Old 04-08-2009, 12:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by aussies1129
bearings have only a limited life span and will vary depending on conditions etc so best bet try some new bearing in your clutch bell front and rear there cheap so its no big deal then check the end of your crank shaft to see if you have any wobble really there should be no wobble at all, I replace engine bearings say every 6 months or so and that will depend on how much run time I do on the engine, finally check your thrust bearing and washers are the right way round. once you have your bearings sorted make sure you setup your clutch with a few washers in front of your tension nut to set your end play and all should be good to go
cheers
Well the thing is, the bearing is new, the clutch housing is new. So it can only be the trust bearing holder. But still, if that's new, there's still some play. I feel the small bearings are just to loose, so what small bearings are you guys using?
Old 04-08-2009, 02:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Brake Pads

Hey guys can any-one tell me if the option Kyosho ACRE brake pad is a direct fit on to the NT!,, Thanks. At the moment we run the Exceed option Disc, has anyone else tried this with the Kyosho pada.. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by warpspeed57
Hey guys can any-one tell me if the option Kyosho ACRE brake pad is a direct fit on to the NT!,, Thanks. At the moment we run the Exceed option Disc, has anyone else tried this with the Kyosho pada.. Thanks in advance.
Don't think they fit.
Try the mugen yellow thingys
Old 04-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Don't fit, don't waste your money.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

The KM Racing brakes have worked excellently for me you may wanna try those...
Old 04-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by D-nicest
+1
Old 04-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by D-nicest

Did you use those on the XceedRC disk?
Old 04-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

-1 for exceed disc lol, brakes don't get / stay hot enough to be consistent
Old 04-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
-1 for exceed disc lol, brakes don't get / stay hot enough to be consistent
do you mean inconsistent? I thought it was the heat from prolonged braking that caused the fading.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.