Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 04:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BIOMASS
Hi MAVICXXX........I'm only new NT1 driver same as you bro........I'm not Sadikin.....I wish I were......Sadikin is one of my friend in Indonesia. But hell yeah....sadikin is fast with his STi engine...
ohyaa..then i got a wrong info..btw..nice knowing you bro..dont be sadikin when you can be yourself..just be better than him lor..

he was not on sti?i thought qlfying he was idm picco3,final on sti?he wasnt?then the idm is really fast huh..but i got my own view on the engine that sti still the best i think..
Old 06-23-2007, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Is anybody planning on getting the new lightweight parts - the 2-speed gear carrier and the brake disk adapter. I find it quite interesting that XRAY is emphasizing the fact that the parts are much lighter "..when compared to the standard part." Are you guys buying into this (i.e. it's a "gotta have part") or do you feel that it's just slick marketing?
Old 06-23-2007, 04:55 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Is anybody planning on getting the new lightweight parts - the 2-speed gear carrier and the brake disk adapter. I find it quite interesting that XRAY is emphasizing the fact that the parts are much lighter "..when compared to the standard part." Are you guys buying into this (i.e. it's a "gotta have part") or do you feel that it's just slick marketing?

I think slick marketing.....and the hours(thet Mario) boasted about the perfect car out of the box are a direct contradiction to each other....
Old 06-23-2007, 06:03 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
asw7576: I think he is refering to the rear one-way, "This allows the cars front and rear wheels to rotate independently of each other which means as the cars rear tires start to wear more compared to the front the car will remain stable under braking and off throttle. Due to the added stability this system provides it allows you can brake deeper into the corners."(as taken from the Serpent web site)
I saw a Serpent using a 1way brake pulley, the cornering characteristic of the car is change totally and almost like undriveable... Must be good to have one in hand for testing
Old 06-23-2007, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Not taking anything from the car, it is awsome out of the box. I'm sitting 50grams over the wieght of 1725g........This is where lightwight parts come into play for me. As long as I can reduce wieght and rotating mass, I will have those parts. Anybody that can improve "perfection" (fastharry post:"the perfect car out of the box") is A-OK in my book
Old 06-23-2007, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daniz24
I saw a Serpent using a 1way brake pulley, the cornering characteristic of the car is change totally and almost like undriveable... Must be good to have one in hand for testing
I know that it might be good in one or two different types of track conditions, but not all. It would require a different setup to gain the intended benifits of it. But I kind of agree with the car being almost undrivable.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:42 AM
Tech Rookie

im not sure i would say the car is undriveable with a the brake one way , the serpents at the track i race at using the one way are running extremely strong and have reduced tire wear . matter of fact i have driven one of the serpents with the one way brake pulley and i would say it was one of the best turning cars i have driven and i never once felt it was undrivable .

there are no major suspension changes needed to run the one way .

from what i can see first hand is that it is an advantage especially when running a spool.

will it work for the nt1 i will know next week .
Old 06-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

That is a great idea.

Does anybody know what the weight difference is between the hard and soft bumper? Does it really make that much of a difference?
The weight difference is probably more than you would think. It's a very obvious difference when holding them in your hand. I'll have to weigh them the next chance I get...

Even though these parts are more available to me than most racers, I'll probably only swap the 2-speed gear carriers with the options if/when I wear my originals out. They do look very nice, but they get hidden by those pesky spur gears when installed .
Old 06-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
I know that it might be good in one or two different types of track conditions, but not all. It would require a different setup to gain the intended benifits of it. But I kind of agree with the car being almost undrivable.
I have one for my 720 and I agree with you that it depends on the track layout/conditions. I disagree that the car is undriveable. Its main advantage is if you are always running in a long main (i.e. maybe a 30-60 mins main) and you prefer to have equal shores all-round resulting in the rear wearing faster than the front. To gain an additional advantage to the above you need to change the driving style a bit - i.e. by trusting the 3rd one-way and braking later into the corner. Not easy to do but with practise its nice.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AlanL
im not sure i would say the car is undriveable with a the brake one way , the serpents at the track i race at using the one way are running extremely strong and have reduced tire wear . matter of fact i have driven one of the serpents with the one way brake pulley and i would say it was one of the best turning cars i have driven and i never once felt it was undrivable .

Yup, I agree with you there ...

from what i can see first hand is that it is an advantage especially when running a spool.

I'd say it'd work for the NT1 great ... or any other car for that matter. What will not make it work is that one is so set in a particular driving style and don't like the change. I used to drive 200m lolas outlaw with one-way up front and when I had to follow EFRA rules with touring shells, I needed to change to either a solid or diff up front and it took me a while to get a bit more aggressive with my driving style. I hated it for a while and now I love it. I probably can't drive a one-way up front any more because you need to be smooth with it.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
I have one for my 720 and I agree with you that it depends on the track layout/conditions. I disagree that the car is undriveable. Its main advantage is if you are always running in a long main (i.e. maybe a 30-60 mins main) and you prefer to have equal shores all-round resulting in the rear wearing faster than the front. To gain an additional advantage to the above you need to change the driving style a bit - i.e. by trusting the 3rd one-way and braking later into the corner. Not easy to do but with practise its nice.
It amazes me that when I return to nitro after a couple of years all of the sudden people are running rear one-ways .
Old 06-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
It amazes me that when I return to nitro after a couple of years all of the sudden people are running rear one-ways .
Actually its very recent that Serpent released it for the 720 (probably about a month ago) although I did see an RRR fitted with a home made one last year.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Regional Moderator

maybe you can't go both front oneway diff and oneway brake pulley.

just curious is this oneway brake pulley has the same effect as center oneway on EP cars?
Old 06-24-2007, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AlanL

Might work good on the Serpent but not on the other cars. I've driven a Serpent and it behaves very differently from Mugen and Kyosho cars.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
IMO, all the cars are pretty much in the latter lifecycle of their design and engineering phase and the engineers are trying all kinds of ideas just to see what they can do to make their car faster. One company does something new (or revives something old) and the rest follow. Seems to me, that all we're going to see for a while are refinements. It will be interesting to see, if and when someone comes out with a radically innovative design that takes nitro TC to the next level.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.