Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by romuald31
Hello from France,

I don't understand why you're are speaking like this about XRay !!!!

You can buy:

- XRay NT1 R : race proven NT1 platform without some expensive parts (around 380$)
- XRay NT1-2010: the original race car (around 520$)
- XRay NT1 limited edition: updated car with options (around 670$)

So, you can buy a budget car or a bling bling car. It depends if you want to spend a little or a big money in it!!!

Buy the R version and after that, you can improve it to make a WCE version...

Have you seen a budget Capricorn??

My bling bling car is under construction

Au revoir.
The thing is, at first Hudy was bashing other companies in his columm because they were making ''blingbling'' optionals which don't enhance performance.
The WCE NT1 has the most bling bling options which don't add performance to all cars right now, which is pretty funny.
I even guess the WCE is heavier as an R or a normal NT1 because of all the aluminum and brass.

Why would Capricorn make a budget version off the Lab, did you miss the entire point of the car?.

A Capricorn and an NT WCE are on the same price level, the value you get with a Lab is a lot higher if you ask me. It is lighter, has a better clutch, far better shocks and from my own experiences it is faster compared to a fully tricked out NT1.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
The thing is, at first Hudy was bashing other companies in his columm because they were making ''blingbling'' optionals which don't enhance performance.
The WCE NT1 has the most bling bling options which don't add performance to all cars right now, which is pretty funny.
I even guess the WCE is heavier as an R or a normal NT1 because of all the aluminum and brass.
sorry, but thatīs not true. why is the wce a bling bling edition?

- all the lightweight parts reduce the weight and the rotating mass
- the xca clutch is more powerful than the original one
- the brass engine mount balanced the car and give weight to the place you need
- the ventilated brake disc is more consist in braking
- with the Downstop Independent Alu Front Anti-roll Bar itīs much easier to adjust the downstop and the function of the anti roll bar
- the alu wheel hubs are the first option part you need!

at last, only the carbon parts, brake arm and the radio plate mounts in alu are a little bit bling bling. there are no must have, but there arenīt bad too.

btw, all cars on the market has his pro and contras. i donīt really thing that you can really talk that there are really bad cars on the market.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

i would like to see the 2009 wce version sold with an reduced price.
All the lightweight parts in it. No alu spurs they are no improvement.
with the front new stabi alu or in plastic i don`t care as long it is not expensive. the old clutch with lightweight flywheel. yellow shoe or the red shoe.

This for an reduced price mr Hudy, that will get your sales up.

Just my opinion offcourse, still an Xray NT1 enthousiast.(i think)
Greetz JW
Old 10-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jaykay
sorry, but thatīs not true. why is the wce a bling bling edition?

- all the lightweight parts reduce the weight and the rotating mass
- the xca clutch is more powerful than the original one
- the brass engine mount balanced the car and give weight to the place you need
- the ventilated brake disc is more consist in braking
- with the Downstop Independent Alu Front Anti-roll Bar itīs much easier to adjust the downstop and the function of the anti roll bar
- the alu wheel hubs are the first option part you need!

at last, only the carbon parts, brake arm and the radio plate mounts in alu are a little bit bling bling. there are no must have, but there arenīt bad too.

btw, all cars on the market has his pro and contras. i donīt really thing that you can really talk that there are really bad cars on the market.
I've run the NT1 from the day it has been released, until the LAB-C01 it was the best car by far, now it is the second best.
I've never said it is a bad car.

-Yes, but it is a little amount, 15-20 grams at most.
-Never liked the XCA clutch, with very high powered engine it lacked punch and started to fade in long mains. Maybe the new shoe will improve it.
I like the original clutch with the alu bell and lightweight flywheel a lot better.
Doesn't come close to a Capricorn WCE clutch though.
-The car will be too heavy all ready in this configuration, why add even more weight?
If you need more weight on the left side depends on the electronics used, when I had two low profile servos in my car I had to add weight to the right to balance it.
-It's an improvement over the stock disc, but the real improvement lies in the pads, something Xray haven't changed.
-This is a nice piece, and from now on a must have if you ask me.
-Shouldn't be an option part but ok.

So about $150 worth of stuff you don't need, I call that a blingbling car.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have a question for you guys. I have gone through three sets of the Capricorn rear diff gears in half a season. I do not plan on running them anymore. Does someone make aluminum one that will last a season or should I just lighten up the stock gears? I have been running 80K fluid in it. Thanks guys.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DOCTOR
I have a question for you guys. I have gone through three sets of the Capricorn rear diff gears in half a season. I do not plan on running them anymore. Does someone make aluminum one that will last a season or should I just lighten up the stock gears? I have been running 80K fluid in it. Thanks guys.
That's been asked here before. I think the solution is you either deal with the Capricorn diffs or use the stock gears. Some people have claimed to have used those Capricorn diffs for a really long time and others not so long. It's like a hit or miss situation.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

This last one was 100 percent all new parts and they were all capricorn parts, nothing was XRay in the diff.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:23 AM
Tech Regular

I've run the NT1 from the day it has been released, until the LAB-C01 it was the best car by far, now it is the second best.

-Never liked the XCA clutch, with very high powered engine it lacked punch and started to fade in long mains. Maybe the new shoe will improve it.
I like the original clutch with the alu bell and lightweight flywheel a lot better.
-The car will be too heavy all ready in this configuration, why add even more weight?
If you need more weight on the left side depends on the electronics used, when I had two low profile servos in my car I had to add weight to the right to balance it.
-It's an improvement over the stock disc, but the real improvement lies in the pads, something Xray haven't changed.

I have build my nt1 wce with low profile servos and tita-scews. I use a xceed lipo with the brass battery holder.

My car weight with with rims and chevy body 1690g.

Is that heavy?
Old 10-05-2010, 04:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow interesting read, with all these issues how does it manage to win ?
Old 10-05-2010, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jaykay
I have build my nt1 wce with low profile servos and tita-scews. I use a xceed lipo with the brass battery holder.

My car weight with with rims and chevy body 1690g.

Is that heavy?
Well your car isn't but if you take out all the weight saving you did it will be.

-20 gram per servo
-30 gram for Ti screws
-40-60 gram with Lipo, depends on size used. I use a very small 35 gram lipo

I think this is fair because the majority of the racers are still using fullsize servo's and don't like lipo battery's.

So add the 110-130 gram to your 1690 and you end up with 1800+

But to make it clear, I'm not bashing Xray or the NT1, I just don't get the point of the WCE and think your better off with the stock 2010 version and add the alu swaybar holders, Capricorn clutch and Capricorn diff. gears.

Originally Posted by jelayne
Wow interesting read, with all these issues how does it manage to win ?
It did win, but there were some parts on that car which weren't Xray.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

It did win, but there were some parts on that car which weren't Xray.
really? like what?? diff. gears?

Nothing against capricorn, nice car, but I have yet to see one here in the northeast US though. Unless they get their distribution and support straighten out, I don't think we'll be seeing too many here.
I also think the reason it handles good is the fact that it's based on NT1 (with some NT1 parts on it ). I believe it will soon feature a nice Xray logo on the fuel tank also
Old 10-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by *gk*
really? like what?? diff. gears?

Nothing against capricorn, nice car, but I have yet to see one here in the northeast US though. Unless they get their distribution and support straighten out, I don't think we'll be seeing too many here.
I also think the reason it handles good is the fact that it's based on NT1 (with some NT1 parts on it ). I believe it will soon feature a nice Xray logo on the fuel tank also
Quote from Redrc about the pre-worlds:

Ralph Burch also used Capricorn parts on his Xray NT1 later in the week to help him drop his lap times into the 16’s. Ralph used the Capricorn Hard Light tires, the 60g barillium engine mount, composite diff gears, Capricorn clutch, Xceed Chevy body and also the Capricorn brake disc. The Capricorn clutch was also proving popular throughout the week, with 28 of the race entrants using it in their cars.
From the worlds pictures I see, the brakedisc, brakepads, enginemount, other parts i don't know as I can't see them.

The Lab is somewhat based on the NT1, but handling wise they are pretty different. The front end of the Lab feels much and much better on turn in, the NT1 front end feels woolly, unpredictable.
It does have some strange looking X on the tank.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Hey DS, you still not right. The servos saves in all 30g, the ti-screws 20g and the lipo battery with brass holder, like i us, has the same weight like the normal 2/3 cells. so i just loose 50g in all. And last but not least, driving skill is the Most important you Need.

Hey, but I like the capricorn car too. ;-)

Last edited by jaykay; 10-05-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hey DS, you may want to consider changing your avatar, it still appears to be an NT1.

Also have a NT1 for sale
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ml#post8242458

Last edited by solitude127; 11-21-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote from Redrc about the pre-worlds:

From the worlds pictures I see, the brakedisc, brakepads, enginemount, other parts i don't know as I can't see them.

The Lab is somewhat based on the NT1, but handling wise they are pretty different. The front end of the Lab feels much and much better on turn in, the NT1 front end feels woolly, unpredictable.
It does have some strange looking X on the tank.
Are you sure about that clutch information ?? It does not talk about Red shoe HD Clutch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.