Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
The wiring is neat and secure. I like the idea of using heat shrink tubes all the way to connectors.

Btw, don't you worry someone might t-bone you from radio side ? ( I see you dont use the radio box ).
Well, until now that never has happenend.
When somebody wants to t-bone me they always seem to aim for the pipe.

Originally Posted by jonrg
DS Motorsport, really not the best way to mount your PT. It should be mounted horizontaly, there's a distinct possibility that you will get missed counts.
With the new transponder this shouldn't be a problem, it has twice the output compared to the old transponder. Off course I will check the strength of the signal, but I expect it to be better as a horizontal old transponder.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:51 AM
Tech Adept

very nice work but if i were you i would reconsider using the radio box.
A hit to the receiver can cost you a race and a receiver... After all, you need some weight, right?
Old 02-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by gfilos
A hit to the receiver can cost you a race and a receiver... After all, you need some weight, right?
I had t-bone experience before with my mrx4-r ..... my friend's car lost grip and he hit sidewall. His car stop at the middle of straight way and I hit him. Now my car is parking almost at the end of straight lane before a sweeper !! Consequently my car become the next victim from even a faster car !!! and BANG ....

It really hurts my day ( and pocket ) because I lost : receiver, crystal, graphite upper deck, rear suspension arm right side, chipping rear tires, bent rear sway bar, bent brake linkage, rear upper arm right side and throttle servo ( luckily it need only new casing ).
Old 02-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gfilos
I was wondering the same. I just finished my EC and it left the receiver totally exposed. Did a lot of people use it or do most stick with the box?
Old 02-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Over here pretty much everyone runs the car without the box.
Never heard of someone destroying his receiver because he got t-boned.
Another reason why I happily take the 'risk' is the fact that I haven't crashed or damaged the car all year last season.
If you have a bit more experience you're able to keep the crashing to a minimum and you are also able to avoid being hit by others because you can look further in front and behind your car.

It's a good way to save weight and you will need less weight to balance the car.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

AMB... I'd mount it vertically behind steering servo on my EP for...3+ yrs and never had any mis-counting.

I still run radio box, because the choice between 50usd receiver and 50g more weight, I choice more weight...
Old 02-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Hi guys,

I got myself a 09 NT1 and I'm going thru it and rebuilding it and it's a nice car, I can't wait to run it.

I'm also working on a parts order but I have a question about the steering blocks. There are the V2 and the 1deg ones, I have seen the pic on xrays website of how there different but what does the difference do?? More steering, less steering??

Also what weight are the silver springs that come with the 09'?

Thanks,
Old 02-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott B
Hi guys,

I got myself a 09 NT1 and I'm going thru it and rebuilding it and it's a nice car, I can't wait to run it.

I'm also working on a parts order but I have a question about the steering blocks. There are the V2 and the 1deg ones, I have seen the pic on xrays website of how there different but what does the difference do?? More steering, less steering??

Thanks,
V2 suspension parts mostly have revised threads (the V1 parts threads were cut to large and would shift with vibration) so you end up using a thread locking compound or super glue, the 1 degree blocks will give a little bit less steering at turn in, but more steering mid to exit.

Cheers,

Patrick
Old 02-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

What's the purpose of having a longer piece of fuel tubing from the tank to the pipe?
Old 02-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Osiris 75
What's the purpose of having a longer piece of fuel tubing from the tank to the pipe?
It adds volume to the tank, which helps to lessen the over all pressure. People find that they get an increase in run time with less tank pressure...
Old 02-15-2010, 06:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scott B
Hi guys,

Thanks,
Also, the 1degree kingpins tend to work better on high bite tracks giving the car more overall steering than the standards. On low bite I always use the Standards. the kit springs are 33lbs in the front and 28lbs in the rear
Old 02-16-2010, 02:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-nicest
Also, the 1degree kingpins tend to work better on high bite tracks giving the car more overall steering than the standards. On low bite I always use the Standards. the kit springs are 33lbs in the front and 28lbs in the rear
When i measured my kit springs they were the same thickness, how come they have different lbs ratings?

Is it because the front is shorter than the rears? Or did i not measure them to well?
Old 02-16-2010, 02:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Osiris 75
Besides reducing fuel consumption, a longer pressure line also smoothens throttle response.
When I had a few Picco's to test I ran a fairly long pressure line to smooth out the throttle response.
With my current engines I run the shortest line possible to have a very reactive engine, but it is still smooth because of the engine's character.
Very rarely I have runtime issues but when they do occur I prefer running a smaller restrictor or add 0.1 of head clearance instead of adding a exhaust gas cooler or increasing pressure line length.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by freestyles
When i measured my kit springs they were the same thickness, how come they have different lbs ratings?

Is it because the front is shorter than the rears? Or did i not measure them to well?
Thickness is not the only factor for calculating spring rate.

The formula for calculating the springrate of a compression spring is the following:

K= G*d^4/8*D^3*n

where:

K= Constant, load of pounds per inch of deflection

G= Modulus of rigidity (80.000 N/mm^2 for springsteel)

d= wire diameter

D= mean coil diameter: outer diameter- wire thickness

n= number of active coils

So all of these variables influence K, the actual springrate.

If you want to do some calculations go here:

http://www.engineersedge.com/calcula...ring_k_pop.htm

It's a very good website in general.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:07 AM
Tech Champion

Yo, DS, what battery capacity in this picture ? LiPo ? LiFe ? .... Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.