Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Dude.. What engine?!!! Also, what temp is it coming in at?

Seems to me like your idle and/or LSN is too lean. This is what I would do...
  • On the starter box, let the engine come up to about 200F.
  • Richen the idle 1 hour at a time, until the engine dies and then lean it so that it idles for at least 15 seconds or more.
  • Once it idles for 15 seconds or more, start working on adjusting the LSN. Blip the throttle and it should come back down to idle right away. If it doesn't, richen the LSN 1 hour at a time until it does.
  • Put the car on the track, run two laps and bring the car in. Blip the throttle and see if the idle comes down right away. Two more laps - check. Two more laps - check. If you're idle isn't running away on you, you're probably good to go. Also make sure your temp is below 260. Anything above that and you probably need to richen your HSN.
  • If the idle comes back down right away and your temp is below 240, you probably need to lean your HSN - i.e. retune your HSN.
These are just some rough settings to get you on the right track. Fine tune the LSN and HSN to get the best performance. As long as your idle comes back down when you blip the throttle, you should be okay.

Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps. Good luck tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Osiris 75
Also check your clutch bearings! I had a similar thing happen.

Hey, thank you ....... thank you.

My friend, Daniz24, help me re tuned my novarossi NSR S5. My engine was doing 106 Celcius, and I cannot lean it any further because it was already maximum power. ( Lean any further.... it lost power on long straight line instead ).

I did well yesterday ( considering my driving skill level vs. more experience drivers who were fallen into my group ). I start D9 and finish D4. Thanks to Xray NT1's superior handling....... The car is awesome for 2 days race event.

Here's is the kicker for you guys from DTM2007 ( Home of Serpent South East Asia ) : Sadikin Sutrisno, Xray international team drivers, WON 1ST PLACE AND TQ !!!! He beat other local and international factory team drivers ( no need to mentioned the other top three brands ). Winner in A2, A3, A4 were in finished the same number of total laps, except Sadikin, 1 lap earlier

And I won my betting !!! Xray vs all other car makers.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

TEAMGP!! i see the GLC had rain, but overall finishes- WOW!!

XRAY@GLC= PRICELESS!!! hopefully we can see the setups soon!!

BTW, was that pic of Burch with his car...... the body was the PARMA?? not really sure.

gotta try one, since you have been running it against the Stratus..
Old 08-06-2007, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCFREAK

BTW, was that pic of Burch with his car...... the body was the PARMA?? not really sure.

Not sure which body Ralph was using yet though. I'm going to try *another* body this weekend to see how it compares to the Parma M.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCFREAK

In the GLC thread there is a picture of Ralphs's car. The body is a Protoform Stratus. Look at the rear wing, the wing standoffs, and the molded in part of the front grill.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

cool!! i guess the painted headlights threw me off... made the front more rounded and the front lip spoiler being that wide at that angle.. GOOD EYE!!

glad the TEAM did well!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:17 AM
GK
Suspended

Congrats to RCA team, great finish at GLC putting 6 cars in A-main... Ray Darroch finishing 4th, driving nitro touring car for the first time! Electric guys rule!! Thanks to Drew, Ralph, Paul, Barry, Ray, Tom Esposito for helping, offering help and answering questions throughout the event - much appreciated!
george
Old 08-07-2007, 04:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

OK guys, I have sold my MTX-4...and instead of buying a mtx4-r I have decided on a NT1.. I hope it is a good choice and I hope it performs well for me.. I will be one of the only ones in Australia running it....everyone else runs mugen.

Just a couple questions,

what does the car lack from standard set-up? I don't like the sound of plastic shocks? Where can you buy alloy ones from?

what tyres do you run? is it the same as kyosho/mugen..or is it serpent type..

what option parts do I need straight away.

and lastly, did I make a bad choice by buying this car? haha..

cheers, Ryan
Old 08-07-2007, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

I think the car is a great improvement over the Mugen.
I didn't like the plastic shocks, so I got the aluminum ones, the plastic ones were better.The few things I think are needed are the multi-diff, front universals, the yellow clutch shoe, and the dark blue front springs. I also used kyosho springs in the 2 speed.I bougt the light weight drivetrain parts, but I don't think I am good enough to notice a huge difference.
Other than that, I can only tell you, I am not sorry about my choice.
And I don't think you will be either.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:39 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WARDO
I think the car is a great improvement over the Mugen.
I've said it before, but how old was your Mugen?
I always wonder what would have happend if you bought a brand new Mugen instead, and compared it with the "old" worn out Mugen.......
Old 08-07-2007, 08:04 AM
GK
Suspended

Originally Posted by M7H
I always wonder what would have happend if you bought a brand new Mugen instead, and compared it with the "old" worn out Mugen.......
Here is an interesting quote from Mike Myers' GLC report:

"In talking to several racers later in the day, I learned that while many products are competitive, some seem to be more competitive than others... As to the cars, XRAY seems to have developed an edge on the competition in the 200mm sedan class. With six of the 11 cars placed in the Main being XRAY, including the top five, that's an impressive showing!"
Old 08-07-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by M7H
I have had several Mugen cars, (all "brand new") and this is just my opinion, but I believe the NT1, to be the better car out there, right now. That is the advantage to being the newest car out there.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ryan41
OK guys, I have sold my MTX-4...and instead of buying a mtx4-r I have decided on a NT1.. I hope it is a good choice and I hope it performs well for me.. I will be one of the only ones in Australia running it....everyone else runs mugen.

Just a couple questions,

what does the car lack from standard set-up? I don't like the sound of plastic shocks? Where can you buy alloy ones from?

cheers, Ryan
you will have more fun & easy to drive !
Old 08-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ryan41

Just a couple questions,

cheers, Ryan
IMO, the only thing the car "needs" out of the box is a different set of front springs (dark blues are very popular) and the proper gears for your engine/track. The front CVD's and yellow clutch shoe, however, are definitely worthwhile upgrades.

You don't need to worry too much about the plastic shock bodies - these are essentially the same design as the older generation of serpent shocks from 1/10 and 1/8. The angles of the shocks have been optimized so that the shock will not get trapped against the tower and snap the body when you hit. That being said, there is speculation that XRAY will re-release the aluminum bodies as options since they have a checkbox for aluminum shock bodies on the NT1 setup sheet.

For the tires...it is common to run at least one step softer in the front (i.e. 40R-38F or 42R-40F). I have been running JACO 42R and 38F on my car.

The NT1 is a very good car and a very sound design...I suspect that it will soon become the car to beat in Australia as it has become in the USA .
Old 08-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

You made a great choice in the NT-1, my personal experiance with the MTX-4 was good, but when I drove the NT-1 I just fell in love with the amount of steering and corner speed the car has over the MTX4, my lap times dropped .6 per lap with the same motor/pipe/electronics that was in my MTX4. By the way anyone want to buy a MTX4 with one race weekend on it??
Old 08-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Ryan 41,

There is a lot of talented racers running the NT1 in Australia and depending on where you are. All the guys that are running them are more than happy to help you out. All you have to do is turn up to a track and ask them for there assistance.

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.