Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo GT-4???

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2002, 06:30 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

acs: man, now thats one serious racing facility! It looks as though it also has elevation changes as well. Amazing!
Old 02-25-2002, 09:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Default side ex. roundport

anybody know if there is a manifold to put a side ex. roundport in the GT4 like Baker did?
Old 02-25-2002, 09:30 AM
Tech Rookie

I don't understand why??? If the Engine has a Standard Slot Port for the Side Exhaust, what benefit would one get running a Round Port?

I could understand if the Engine has a Round Port on the Side.

I haven't seen anything that would be a direct fit, but with some ingenuity, one could Adapt a Rear Round Port to the Side, but the Header would probably require some Welding, grafting the Side Port pipe to the Rear Port Flange.
Old 02-25-2002, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by acs

The track is in Brisbane, Australia. You'll notice that about 3/4 down the straight there is join in the track. This is where the touring cars turn as they don't run the long track, therefore there is a lot of braking leading into the corner. Thats the only corner where hard braking is necessary and maybe a little difficult to control with a one-way. I will see if I can try a friends one-way this weekend, which he just bought.

As for the springs Brown (#ys-1750) front Grey (#ys-1755) rear.
is that london park (or is that england park- i always get confused! )

we took our gt4 to morebank for a club day the other week - traction roll city!!

but we will have that sortd by the meca challenge!

acs have you got the solid rear end? we have one (from HH) and are debating wether to put it in or not.
Old 02-26-2002, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

wasn't the round port side exhaust a picco job?
Old 02-27-2002, 01:34 AM
acs
Tech Adept

Originally posted by contact

is that london park (or is that england park- i always get confused! )

we took our gt4 to morebank for a club day the other week - traction roll city!!

but we will have that sortd by the meca challenge!

acs have you got the solid rear end? we have one (from HH) and are debating wether to put it in or not.
Yes its named England Park Raceway (a whole 3 minutes from my home) I'm only running gear diffs at the moment but I would like to try the oneway-gear diff and oneway-solid axle combinations.

I'm going to Adelaide for the Clipsal 500 in March so I will also call in to HH to buy some gear. High on my list is a new engine.

Re: Traction Roll
I read in a Mag that Chris T recomends putting the front shocks in the outside (higher) hole if it tends to traction roll.
Old 02-27-2002, 10:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Picco side ex. round port

Jaydee, yes the motor is a round port side ex. I know Baker ran this setup in Tx. and won. The graftin and welding seems like what I'll be doing, infact all I have left is the welding, just thought if there was a unit made it might be the way to go.

Mad Max yes the Picco is the one!
Old 02-27-2002, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by acs

Yes its named England Park Raceway (a whole 3 minutes from my home) I'm only running gear diffs at the moment but I would like to try the oneway-gear diff and oneway-solid axle combinations.

I'm going to Adelaide for the Clipsal 500 in March so I will also call in to HH to buy some gear. High on my list is a new engine.

Re: Traction Roll
I read in a Mag that Chris T recomends putting the front shocks in the outside (higher) hole if it tends to traction roll.
if you have seen current racing lines thats the car im on about, the solid rear end arrived the other day, and im going to try different springs and oil (i was running the full stock set up) and a front sway bar.

will have to try the different shock positions.

its good to know that you can make it traction roll, as i find it easier to loose traction than try to find it!

what sort of engine, a mate of mine has just started to bring in the collari engines
Old 02-28-2002, 02:58 AM
acs
Tech Adept

what sort of engine, a mate of mine has just started to bring in the collari engines
I've got my eyes on the new Rossi .12. Importer is in Adelaide and HH will probably sell them as well. I have heard they wont be cheap though.

stock springs and traction rolling wow! my car pushed like crazy in stock config.
Old 02-28-2002, 03:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by acs

I've got my eyes on the new Rossi .12. Importer is in Adelaide and HH will probably sell them as well. I have heard they wont be cheap though.

stock springs and traction rolling wow! my car pushed like crazy in stock config.
is anything from the big N ever cheap!? ... im surprised HH will be going that way, but hey MMI is in adelaide too so it makes sence.

traction roll - yes, at the local track - push with stock setup, went to morebank and changed to 'sprint' 45/40's (one of the gandini 'brands') and traction roll city! through the inside hair pin 2 wheels nearly every time!

have since played more with suspension travel settings - i think it may have had too much!
Old 02-28-2002, 03:47 AM
acs
Tech Adept

contact - I dont mean Novarossi. Rossi is a different brand and I dont think there is any conection. sorry if I confused you.

im using FAST or BEST gandini's 40f and 42r i would still like a little more turn in.

another racer tried my car and said I had way to much steering for him but i've always liked to have alot of steering
Old 02-28-2002, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by acs
contact - I dont mean Novarossi. Rossi is a different brand and I dont think there is any conection. sorry if I confused you.
does it come out of the nova.. factory? and are HH bringing them in?
Old 03-01-2002, 12:02 AM
acs
Tech Adept

does it come out of the nova.. factory? and are HH bringing them in?
I dont think there is any connection between Novarossi and Rossi. HH will sell them but another guy is importing them.
Rossi Engines Factory
Old 03-01-2002, 12:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by acs

I dont think there is any connection between Novarossi and Rossi. HH will sell them but another guy is importing them.
Rossi Engines Factory
Yes they are brothers.

Rossi focus on marine while Novarossi focus on land.
Old 03-01-2002, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

with names like novarossi and rossi they have to be related - or surely they would be going hammer and tong over naming right and infringements there of..

so are the land bassed rossi's the same as the novarossi's? (given the different heatsink colour?)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.