Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default EVO 2

I was in Japan in June for the Kawahara/Nova Rossi championships in Keitune and Takaki Shimo was testing the evo 2. On first inspection it was very difficult to tell the difference between the old and new car. There seems to be only minor changes (after all how do you make a great car better!). Mainly a narrower chassis and top deck, longer rear arms which are setup for 0 degree offset rims, thicker rear shock mount M3 type servo saver. Any way here is the link to the kyosho web site for all the details.
http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/r...duct_id=103620
Ric B.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Interesting, a new rear arm.. I wonder if they actually moved the shock pivot point or if it's just to extend the pivot balls.

what was all the hype about 2mm offset wheels on the last car anyway
Old 07-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
Interesting, a new rear arm.. I wonder if they actually moved the shock pivot point or if it's just to extend the pivot balls.

what was all the hype about 2mm offset wheels on the last car anyway
The one Shimo was using did not seem to be using a longer arm - the balls were just wound out. (kyosho say long arm geometry) I think the chassis is the same width at the rear, and now that they are using 0 degree offset rear rims then you would assume that by winding out the balls, you have long arm geometry! I am not sure what they are doing at the front, but they must be using a shorter one-way/locker to accommodate the narrower chassis? But there is no mention of this in the parts upgrade list. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Ric
Old 07-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Indeed, without an exact parts list or a car in front of us we could debate geometry all day long and try to discover why they did certain things.

I still like the idea of the 2mm offset rear wheel though, 30mm is a lot of plastic to be held on the outside edge allowing the inside more flex.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Do you guys think Kyosho will eventually come out with a completely new car? the RRR sure has had a long lifespan.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PrimeAKF11
Do you guys think Kyosho will eventually come out with a completely new car? the RRR sure has had a long lifespan.
And isn't that a refreshing thing! Not your usual new car every 6-12 months with the RRR. Just goes to show how good this car is eh? No point in bringing a new car out just for the sake of it. When they think they can make a major improvement, I guess then it will come. Maybe for the Worlds in 2010.

Last edited by BartzRC; 07-07-2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Gramatic error
Old 07-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If every other mfr out there could do that...

Sure, one can argue that the WC, EVO1 and EVO2 are all 'different' models that could carry a different name, but hey, as long as all the parts fit, I don't care .
Old 07-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The bilkhead are itself is not narrower, its the area behind the bulkheads that is narrower. I saw the car at RCX, and the changes are not that radical, they just improve the car.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Cool header and pipe

Does anyone had a problem with the exaust sicking out to far? My RRR header and Pipe are hitting the body and pushing it out about a 1/4 inch beyond the tire. Can anyone reccomend a pipe and header and where to get it?
Old 07-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ickie
Does anyone had a problem with the exaust sicking out to far? My RRR header and Pipe are hitting the body and pushing it out about a 1/4 inch beyond the tire. Can anyone reccomend a pipe and header and where to get it?
Are you using a Picco based pipe and header?
Old 07-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Picco JL Red Dot engine with a IDM 2607 Pipe and header.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Picco JL Red Dot engine with a IDM 2607 Pipe and header.
The picco header sticks way out. You are just going to have to deal with it.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

The deal with that and I saw this on Jerry Lin's (JLR himself) car, you can grind the round portion of the flange flat which gives you an extra few mm, but yeah you just have to deal with it because of the IDM/Picco header. I usually put replacable stickers on the outside of the car and some of the losi heat tape on the inside.

The stinger should be easy to keep inside of the wheels though by using the mount, keep it 1mm inside the front wheels to protect it from impacts.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitrodude
The bilkhead are itself is not narrower, its the area behind the bulkheads that is narrower. I saw the car at RCX, and the changes are not that radical, they just improve the car.
Correct, I confirmed this with Ron Atomic last night. The bulkheads and front diffs will not be changing at all. He couldn't tell me about the long arm technology though, he's not sure if the plastic is longer or if they just used longer pivot balls but the dogbone will be longer and there will not be a 2mm shim on the hex so the roll center will be changing. The shock position is unknown so far.

The RRR is not being beaten regularly at any races even before these updates (which I don't think will improve lap times dramatically. I highly doubt they will go with a complete redesign because it just isn't required and the economy isn't in the best shape. Xray had the opportunity to build an entirely new car to beat the RRR and just built an equal. Sure the drive train is lighter and it has some neat features that most of the team drivers don't use and is a fine car, but only equal according to the majority of race results especially considering they bring way more firepower (quality drivers) to each race than Kyosho has lately.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Sirio Power Clutch

I have a fairly new sirio power clutch for sale. I used this on my V-One-RRR WC edition for a very short time. Here's the link.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...57#post4617557

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.