Old 04-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Paolo you got PM
Old 04-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ck960
Hi DJ, Gianni,
was wondering does it make alot off difference between adding weight inside the bumper and using the chassis brass??
i have tried using the chassis brass, it help on traction roll but rob abit of steering...
how do u mount the front weight?? double side tape?? any pic on the added weight would be nice... thanks in advance

cheers,
ck lee
I will answer for them. Yes it makes a difference. When you use the chassis plate, you are not only adding the weigth, but also modyfing the fexion of the chassis in that area. I always run with the plate now (any condition) i just play with thge setup to get the steering. Try the setup i posted. I run the car like this always. I just change camber, caster and toe depending on track. Is a really god balance and starting point.

Front weigths are normally mounted inside the foam bumper. DJ is really good at this process. He makes the hole in the foam and then place the led inside with glue.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

hey paolo, congrats on ur win. Also what ride height were u using for the set-up above...
Old 04-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ceaz
hey paolo, congrats on ur win. Also what ride height were u using for the set-up above...
Thanks man........

Opss i forgot....

6.5mm rear and 5mm front
Old 04-17-2008, 12:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Thanks man........

Opss i forgot....

6.5mm rear and 5mm front
Hi Paolo!

Why do you have a big difference between front and rear ? I put always 5mm in front and 5.5mm rear
Old 04-17-2008, 02:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I will answer for them. Yes it makes a difference. When you use the chassis plate, you are not only adding the weigth, but also modyfing the fexion of the chassis in that area. I always run with the plate now (any condition) i just play with thge setup to get the steering. Try the setup i posted. I run the car like this always. I just change camber, caster and toe depending on track. Is a really god balance and starting point.

Front weigths are normally mounted inside the foam bumper. DJ is really good at this process. He makes the hole in the foam and then place the led inside with glue.
Thanks Paolo,
i'll definetely try your setup on next race or practice
FYI i'm using the option LCG chassis with the chassis plate, not updated to 08 chassis yet.
our local track here mostly the traction low and do not have additive to the track. so i think the LCG chassis with weight will suit me more or do u recomend the new 08 chassis which is stiffer??
thanks again...
Old 04-17-2008, 02:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Paolo,
FYI i'm using the option LCG chassis with the chassis plate, not updated to 08 chassis yet.
our local track here mostly the traction low and do not have additive to the track. so i think the LCG chassis with weight will suit me more or do u recomend the new 08 chassis which is stiffer??
thanks again...
CK, looks like you getting ready for FEMCA already

For low traction, dont switch to 08 chassis. Keep the LCG.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kitracer
CK, looks like you getting ready for FEMCA already

For low traction, dont switch to 08 chassis. Keep the LCG.
hey chris,
how r u doing? yeah i just hope i can qualify for the FEMCA race cos till now the slot for local is only 10 racer for each class also not confirm
u going for the FUTABA cup in Jakartar next month?? i'll be there
hope i'll see u in august FEMCA race
Old 04-17-2008, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Old 04-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Manu_05'
Hi Paolo!

Why do you have a big difference between front and rear ? I put always 5mm in front and 5.5mm rear
I like to have my car to pivot on the nnose a lot (this is a must when you run solid axle in the front) so i like my car to trsnafer a lot of weigth in the front wheels off throttle
Old 04-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Paolo,
thanks again...
We all drive the LCG chassis. The 08 is the std chassis with the option to install or remove the front brass plate.
On high grip conditions, flat track, 08 chassis works really good. I will reccomend in your driving conditions to use the LCG
Old 04-17-2008, 10:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

I like to have my car to pivot on the nnose a lot (this is a must when you run solid axle in the front) so i like my car to trsnafer a lot of weigth in the front wheels off throttle

Thanks for the details. You must have really good steering off throttle with this setting and the no fron roll bar..
I will try your setting this week( if not Hurricane!).
Im still running the 06 car with LCG, will switch to 08 once I get the time to switch over the electronics.

hey chris,
how r u doing? yeah i just hope i can qualify for the FEMCA race cos till now the slot for local is only 10 racer for each class also not confirm
u going for the FUTABA cup in Jakartar next month?? i'll be there
hope i'll see u in august FEMCA race
Going to Kawahara/ Novarossi Cup in Japan on the same week so can't make it to Jakartar. Have fun and kick some asiii

If you can't make to the race, I could hire you be my mechanic...
at least you get pc of the action.... I am so kind!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 08:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Paolo, thanks

Chris, i'll try my best to be there for u,even i race or no race
good luck for u in japan...
Old 04-18-2008, 11:23 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for you answer Paolo!

And what do you change on your setup when the track is wet ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.