Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree34Likes

Serpent 750 Natrix

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Well, Jeff certainly has been busy on YouTube of late, putting out quite a bit of content on his channel, not just for the 989, but a few videos for the 750 and X20 as well. Team Manager or not, he seems to be doing what he can to fill those shoes.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
Well, Jeff certainly has been busy on YouTube of late, putting out quite a bit of content on his channel, not just for the 989, but a few videos for the 750 and X20 as well. Team Manager or not, he seems to be doing what he can to fill those shoes.
Serpent desperately needs this sort of personality and communication. I always feel like we have a great car but lack the "customer experience". Bravo Jeff for taking up the reins. I sure hope Serpent is keeping him motivated to create more content.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

To his credit, Felix Law puts up some content (by way of Serpent’s “official” channel? I add quotes because the account name is spelled funny), but not nearly as consistent, and he appears to be sticking to electric. He also seems to be making the rounds. I saw that he came to (and won) the ROAR Region 4 Paved Electric Championship with his X20 recently.

But anyway, back to the 750... with Dominic out of the picture, I hope they don’t over rely on him. That would be asking quite a bit of just one person, especially if he’s running the electric cars too.
Dane likes this.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

To his credit, Felix Law puts up some content (by way of Serpent’s “official” channel? I add quotes because the account name is spelled funny), but not nearly as consistent, and he appears to be sticking to electric. He also seems to be making the rounds. I saw that he came to (and won) the ROAR Region 4 Paved Electric Championship with his X20 recently.

But anyway, back to the 750... with Dominic out of the picture, I hope they don’t over rely on him. That would be asking quite a bit of just one person, especially if he’s running the electric cars too.
And we can't forget Michael Salven - he has been putting out content for years. I don't know his relationship with Serpent leadership these days but he will remain an icon in the nitro onroad world, thats for sure.
shiston likes this.
Old 07-16-2020, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dane
And we can't forget Michael Salven - he has been putting out content for years. I don't know his relationship with Serpent leadership these days but he will remain an icon in the nitro onroad world, thats for sure.
I would imagine that he retained some stake in the company when it was reorganized and taken over by Freemax, but either way, I believe he is still their main Nitro designer. It was somber to see him formally announce his retirement from world class competition, but have no doubt that he will still be at a track somewhere often, perhaps testing the next great idea in the hobby.

And I agree - some of the stuff I’ve seen that he recorded for RedRC is Golden!
shiston and Dane like this.
Old 09-11-2020, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Wow, a new Natrix 750 Evo is on the way... I was hoping that there will be a conversion kit, but the update list seems pretty significant:

- New chassis with improved flex characteristics and the weight balancing system with a carbon bridge, much like the 989’s. There is also an additional bridge for an adjustable weight underneath the front suspension as well.
- Updated rear suspension which includes dynamic toe links, similar in approach to the X20’s, and support for a third damper in the rear, similar to the 989’s. A third damper can also be installed on the front. The rear also has two available sets of pivot blocks, the second being a little wider, similar to the 748.
- Updated 2-speed, again borrowing from the 989’s design.
- The car now uses the 989’s shocks as well.
- It also has updated shock towers due to the use of the 989 shocks.

That’s a big list - regardless, I hope they consider a conversion kit. My 750 is still in the box, as this crazy situation (and the fact that my local track is in the midst of a relocation) really hasn’t motivated me to build it - I also still have to get my starter box. But either way, I’m looking forward to seeing it!

Last edited by TurnNBurn; 09-11-2020 at 09:58 PM.
Old 09-12-2020, 02:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I would imagine that he retained some stake in the company when it was reorganized and taken over by Freemax, but either way, I believe he is still their main Nitro designer. It was somber to see him formally announce his retirement from world class competition, but have no doubt that he will still be at a track somewhere often, perhaps testing the next great idea in the hobby.

And I agree - some of the stuff I’ve seen that he recorded for RedRC is Golden!
he still races , saw him in a race recently i think he gave up national n world events
Old 09-12-2020, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Product listing page for the Natrix 750 Evo - As per the news release, it will be available for shipping from Serpent HK Monday (9/14). I suppose it will be a week or two for availability from The US/EU:

http://www.serpent.com/804012
Old 09-20-2020, 03:36 AM
Tech Master

Default 750evo

A complete conversion kit would be almost an entire kit.
but you can use many of the updated parts on the 750 chassis.
The rear end parts are a firect fit.
The new pulleys are direct fit so if you replace pulleys on your 750 use the new ones.
Front wishbones are interchangeable.
For the new 2 speed you need: axle, 2nd speed gears, hub, shoes, springs and 2 speed bell (and the screws etc)
You can run the shocktowers and shocks.

what will not fit:
the wide suspension brackets. Unless you get the new right side 2 speed bearing block and the new brake pad holder.
The body side stiffners (extra hole in chassis needed)
Split front lower hingepin mounts.

Shocks and towers, rear end, pulleys and 2 speed are the most significant updates.
Old 09-20-2020, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What your thoughts about the rear active toe-in system?
Old 09-20-2020, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
Is this a feature that was on the rear of the Serpent 710 being revisited?
Old 09-21-2020, 02:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Is this a feature that was on the rear of the Serpent 710 being revisited?
In a way it is. Implementation is a bit different. But the idea is the same.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
It can help to tame the on throttle steering, or allow you to run less static toe, which gives more off throttle steering and mor topspeed.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, the list on the Promo page was long enough, but when I got into the description details, there were even more changes. Anyway, I’m definitely interested in upgrading. Whatever hit I take in selling my 750 will surely be less than the difference I’d have to pay to try to upgrade it.

Active toe seems to be making a comeback at Serpent. The 4X Evo had it, then the Pro seemed to take the “fixed for Pro, active for Stock” approach with both sets of parts in the box, and now the X20 is back to an active toe rear suspension again. Now that the 750 has adopted rear toe, I wonder how long before we see this option in the Viper?

Personally, I like the idea of parts share should I decide to step up to 8th scale - the shocks, the 2-speed - the more, the merrier!

Last edited by TurnNBurn; 09-24-2020 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-24-2020, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Persoanlly, I like the idea of parts share should I decide to step up to 8th scale - the shocks, the 2-speed - the more, the merrier!
Don’t forget the fuel line! 😂

But upgrading the 750 to evo will be cost prohibitive I think. But the 750 is a good car, and the new pulleys are really a step forward in their own. So be sure to order those next time you need to replace.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.