Search
Like Tree34Likes

Serpent 750 Natrix

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Julius
Don’t forget the fuel line! 😂

But upgrading the 750 to evo will be cost prohibitive I think. But the 750 is a good car, and the new pulleys are really a step forward in their own. So be sure to order those next time you need to replace.
By “new pulleys”, do you mean the magnesium ones? Serpent really seems to be investing quite a bit in magnesium of late. On the topic of magnesium, Have you tried/tested the adjustable one way? I would especially love to confirm whether the approach is to tune the level of “drag” or braking achieved off power. I would imagine that it helps with the otherwise “rear wheel only” braking effect.
Old 09-27-2020, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
By “new pulleys”, do you mean the magnesium ones? Serpent really seems to be investing quite a bit in magnesium of late. On the topic of magnesium, Have you tried/tested the adjustable one way? I would especially love to confirm whether the approach is to tune the level of “drag” or braking achieved off power. I would imagine that it helps with the otherwise “rear wheel only” braking effect.
No not the magnesium pulleys as those are for the 750 original car. The 750 EVO has new side and mid plastic pulleys as standard on the new car. The diff pulleys are the same however. The new pulleys provide a freer transmission and better more efficient forward drive and as Julius says above a great, cheap upgrade to the original 750.

The new drag assisted one way diff allows you to adjust the amount of front braking power achieved by changing oil viscosity. Higher viscosity oils means more front braking power for lower traction conditions. Lower viscosity less for higher traction conditions. The lower you go in viscosity then the more out of corner drive and on throttle steering/change of direction you will have the trade off is less front braking power and so would not be ideal on tracks that have high speed approaches to slow speed hairpin corners for example requiring hard braking especially in lower tractions. My view is this is a thing to use in high grip and on fast/flowing tracks with lots of power on high speed turns and not for tight technical tracks.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the explanation, Dan. It seems the more I read up on the Evo, the bigger that list of upgrades parts gets, haha! Regardless, I’m excited for the release of this kit. Its announcement came literally days before I was going to start building mine.

I may just purchase the Evo and sell off my still in the box 750. Surely, whatever I may stand to lose will be less than what it would cost to even partially upgrade.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:06 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the explanation, Dan. It seems the more I read up on the Evo, the bigger that list of upgrades parts gets, haha! Regardless, I’m excited for the release of this kit. Its announcement came literally days before I was going to start building mine.

I may just purchase the Evo and sell off my still in the box 750. Surely, whatever I may stand to lose will be less than what it would cost to even partially upgrade.
yeah there isn’t a easy upgrade path from 750 -> EVO. You’ll be better to pick up a new kit! The new car is a big step forwards.
Old 10-01-2020, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dan_vector
yeah there isn’t a easy upgrade path from 750 -> EVO. You’ll be better to pick up a new kit! The new car is a big step forwards.
Yep, just got it yesterday. Now to sell the old one...
dan_vector likes this.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Yep, just got it yesterday. Now to sell the old one...
Enjoy the build dude! I always keep the old car and use it to break in engines and stuff.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dan_vector
Enjoy the build dude! I always keep the old car and use it to break in engines and stuff.
Thanks! Well - considering it’s still untouched in the box, it would be weird to build a car just for breaking in engines, lol. In either case, if I can recoup a good portion of the new car purchase with this, as any loss would certainly be better than what it would’ve cost to “upgrade” the 750.
dan_vector likes this.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks! Well - considering it’s still untouched in the box, it would be weird to build a car just for breaking in engines, lol. In either case, if I can recoup a good portion of the new car purchase with this, as any loss would certainly be better than what it would’ve cost to “upgrade” the 750.
Ah gotcha. Yeah I wouldn’t use a new car for that either
Old 10-05-2020, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Has anyone used the “drag assisted oneway” if so , what were your findings? A guy on FB said he felt it was a absolute must have!

Old 10-05-2020, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

Check post #122 above...
dan_vector likes this.
Old 10-15-2020, 03:01 PM
Tech Initiate

The 750 Evo is a really nice build. Feels & looks awesome on track.
First drive it had heaps of traction and fantastic rotation.
Love the active rear toe concept.

Can anyone advise on the variance from 'Static' toe when raising or lowering the link by one hole?
How many or what fraction of a degree does raising the link increase toe under acceleration / decrease under breaking?
Also, does ride height, shock/spring compression, shock oil or anti-roll bar thickness have any affect on the degree variance?

Cheers.
1evo RRR Driver likes this.
Old 04-22-2021, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hello, I will be building my Serpent 750 Natrix soon and was just wondering if someone could let me know just how old the OS MAX 12 TR(P)-T 11365 10J carb engines are? Would one of these engines still be a competitive investment?

Thank you you for the help!
Old 04-23-2021, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HK500Pilot
Hello, I will be building my Serpent 750 Natrix soon and was just wondering if someone could let me know just how old the OS MAX 12 TR(P)-T 11365 10J carb engines are? Would one of these engines still be a competitive investment?

Thank you you for the help!
If this is your first drive at sedan I would say this engine is plenty.

Pass you soon...
Old 04-23-2021, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Got the car out for the first time, compared to my 748 TQ the car seems up tot he task..
set up question:

Do you find that you need to add more caster to get on power and high speed sweeper steering ?

my instinct is the reduce front droop,

this is a medium to low bite track
Old 04-23-2021, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Naggy01
The 750 Evo is a really nice build. Feels & looks awesome on track.
First drive it had heaps of traction and fantastic rotation.
Love the active rear toe concept.

Can anyone advise on the variance from 'Static' toe when raising or lowering the link by one hole?
How many or what fraction of a degree does raising the link increase toe under acceleration / decrease under breaking?
Also, does ride height, shock/spring compression, shock oil or anti-roll bar thickness have any affect on the degree variance?

Cheers.

I had the car out for the first time, i moved that rear active toe link up one hole, and could tell a measurable difference, I was able to come on throttle a little bit earlier , improving my exit speed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.