Wiki Posts
Search

Neo16 Statement on tyre sauce and commercially available tyres

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 08:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kakenballs
So just a few weeks away any word on tire sauce yes or no?????
it is on the Neo website: http://theneorace.com/Statement_Tyres_Neo16.pdf
Old 03-15-2016, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

Saw this

NEO TYRE NEWS!
TPro have released a new special “ULTRA SOFT XR-T5” Harabite tyre just in time for the upcoming Neo Race.
The Harabite is a typical small pin design featuring double width pins to the centre and tied pins towards the outer to offer a great balance of forward bite and side bite especially on hard packed dirt surfaces such as the Neo track.
Using the latest generation XR compounds in a newly developed addition to the range (the T5 Ultra Soft) you are guaranteed great traction even in low temps and on slick tracks whilst still having good wear rate.
The new tyre is released in Europe w/c 21st March and will be available through the onsite shops at the Neo race.
Preorder now available!
Old 03-15-2016, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andyg01
Saw this

NEO TYRE NEWS!
TPro have released a new special “ULTRA SOFT XR-T5” Harabite tyre just in time for the upcoming Neo Race.
The Harabite is a typical small pin design featuring double width pins to the centre and tied pins towards the outer to offer a great balance of forward bite and side bite especially on hard packed dirt surfaces such as the Neo track.
Using the latest generation XR compounds in a newly developed addition to the range (the T5 Ultra Soft) you are guaranteed great traction even in low temps and on slick tracks whilst still having good wear rate.
The new tyre is released in Europe w/c 21st March and will be available through the onsite shops at the Neo race.
Preorder now available!
As i was reading through the thread, I thought to my self that a MFG should just make a ultra soft tire to stop all of this crap...and boom! here it is! it does not matter what crappy rule they make up, technology will find a way to circumvent it.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Maybe make a "trap" on the track. On our track for example we have a couple of rubber floor sheets on some tight and fast corners if you sauce your tires the car will flip over.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:19 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by d46356
As i was reading through the thread, I thought to my self that a MFG should just make a ultra soft tire to stop all of this crap...and boom! here it is! it does not matter what crappy rule they make up, technology will find a way to circumvent it.
Maifield had a RIP cast interview where he talked about sauce and about it's advantage. I'm paraphrasing here, that you alter the properties and compound of the tire, and over time it allows the tire to soften the face while the carcass is still hardened.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Why not just use a durometer on the winning car? To check tire hardness? Take a brand new unsauced tire and compare it to the winning cars tires? A certain NHRA Pro Stock team comes to mind, hiding a tiny NO2 (nitrous) cannister, to give the car that tiny shot it needed to win. Busted on tech inspection, a years suspension. Maybe a severe penalty if caught to deter this?

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/-90AAO...n~/s-l1600.jpg
Old 03-16-2016, 07:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

I doubt a new out of the package tire and a tire that's been run for an hour will be the same.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Yeah I agree, but wouldn't a sauced tire still be much softer than one ran for an hour? I do like the idea of the traps lol.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:04 AM
Tech Lord

With so many different tires and inserts there is a limitless amount of combinations.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:33 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by spookie
Why not just use a durometer on the winning car? To check tire hardness? Take a brand new unsauced tire and compare it to the winning cars tires? A certain NHRA Pro Stock team comes to mind, hiding a tiny NO2 (nitrous) cannister, to give the car that tiny shot it needed to win. Busted on tech inspection, a years suspension. Maybe a severe penalty if caught to deter this?

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/-90AAO...n~/s-l1600.jpg
Here's the problem Spookie...You can't ban a racer in this hobby. Sure, a track or ROAR can - but that doesn't hold them back from the 50+ other "big" races that aren't sanctioned by the organizer.

This is where a real, true organizer would reign supreme.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:35 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
I doubt a new out of the package tire and a tire that's been run for an hour will be the same.
What about the rubber would change? I'm not a chemical engineer, but the only changes would be physical (rubber worn), not chemical (the compound changes) in the runtime.

Edit: That gauge wouldn't work for RC.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Socket
What about the rubber would change? I'm not a chemical engineer, but the only changes would be physical (rubber worn), not chemical (the compound changes) in the runtime.
i was thinking about how heat/wear could affect the compound...i know nothing chemical really could during that hour
Old 03-16-2016, 10:42 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
i was thinking about how heat/wear could affect the compound...i know nothing chemical really could during that hour
I think once the tire is back to ambient the tire would not have undergone a chemical change. I am not a chemical engineer.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:43 AM
Suspended

http://www.ioportracing.com/Merchant...egory_Code=DUR
Old 03-16-2016, 11:00 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Socket
I am not a chemical engineer.
You just play one on the internet...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.