Team Durango DNX8 1/8th Nitro Buggy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Durango DNX8 1/8th Nitro Buggy

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2016, 07:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Durango DNX8 1/8th Nitro Buggy
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Finally , its launched : [URL=http://www.team-durango.com/race-cars/dnx8/[/URL]

Part# TD102040.

As more information becomes available, i'll update the first 2 posts of this thread. Please PM me if you find more info you'd like to put on here. Cheers

Link to manual.

Link to setup sheet.

Blog from Travis 3/27/2015 http://www.team-durango.com/blog/tag/travis-amezcua/

Build info : [url=http://www.tdbuild.info[/url]

Get Support: [url=http://www.tdsupport.info[/url]

FEATURES
*Chassis: Hard anodized 7075 T6 aluminum, 0.12" (3mm) thick
*Drive: Four wheel
*Shocks: 16mm Big Bore aluminum body with vented caps, and a choice of
constant volume and emulsion bodies
*Shock Towers: 0.20" (5mm) thick milled aluminum
*Suspension: Fully adjustable pivot ball with square hinge pin inserts
for more options for front end mods, galvanized components for
protection against oxygenation
*Differentials: Ultra lightweight bevel gear type with composite cross
shafts for increased acceleration and durability
*Fuel Tank: --oz (--cc)
*Clutch Bell: 13T steel
*Steering:
with adjustable Ackermann, Ackermann refers to the effect of the
the inner front wheel rotating faster than the outer front wheel
during turns
*Rear Body Mount: Floating type for increased body life
*Battery Box: Fully enclosed for maximum protection
*Body: Pretrimmed polycarbonate with cab-forward design
*Caster: Adjustable, caster/toe-in refers to the angle of the front
suspension when viewed from the side of the car in relation to the
chassis, Active Caster Inserts for quick changes
*Camber: Adjustable, camber refers to the angle of the tops of the
tires from vertical when viewed from front or behind vehicle

Vehicle;
*Length: 20.9" (522mm)
*Width: 12.1" (307mm)
*Height: 7.3" (186mm)
*Wheelbase: 12.7-12.9" (322 - 328mm)
*Racing Weight: 7lbs 8oz (3.4kg)

Essentials

a) IMPORTANT: Use wash like MUGE0161 "Mugen FRONT TRACK WIDTH ADJUSTMENT SPACER) on lower Pivot balls to prevent premature failure.

Dimensions of washer: 6mm inner and 14mm outer so any equivalent brand will work.

Recommendations

a) Use Alum Servo Arm

TD340122 25T
TD340123 24T
TD340124 23T

or Hot Bodies 67168 24T, 67169 25T or 67167 23T

b) The tank lid seal can be adjusted with the screw in the centre. The tighter the screw the LESS the tank will seal. Screw-off 1 or 2 turns just make it perfect.

c) For the front bumper not touch the inserts, also have removed the boss inside the front bumper

The front bumper on the buggy has two standoffs on it, each standoff is positioned right over the insert on either side, if you nose dive to hard or hit the front awkward the standoffs can push your hinge pin through the back insert.
The fix is to dremel off the standoffs.

d) Also, glue the nut in the servo-saver

e) Shock Build options

For Emulsion build see this post:
[url=http://www.rctech.net/forum/14014032-post310.html[/url]
Bladders are TD330589

After Market Upgrade

RPM Wing Mount [url=http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/chassis-components/chassis-accessories/arrma-durango-wing-mounts/[/url]

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazyfonseca
Hi there guys,

Hope you are enjoying your cars!

I'm driving the car already for a long time and also have tested many things since I'm a pilot run user.
And because of that, wanna share some tips we've found:

a) Remove the 2 large shims from the centre diff to help make the diff mesh free’er and more reliable.

b) The tank lid seal can be adjusted with the screw in the centre. The tighter the screw the LESS the tank will seal. Screw-off 1 or 2 turns just make it perfect.

c) For the front bumper not touch the inserts, also have removed the boss inside the front bumper

Car really works well as the base setup, but I found for easy driving that a thicker oil in the front diff might help. So, instead of 5k, 7k, 3k (front/center/rear) try 7k or 10k, 5k, 3k.
Aside from letter "B", do these build tips directly translate to the DEX8 too? Mainly wondering about the center diff shims. Although I've had the DEX for a couple of days, I've only had a chance to look at all the pretty parts. Hoping to start putting them together tonight.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rpboggs1
Aside from letter "B", do these build tips directly translate to the DEX8 too? Mainly wondering about the center diff shims. Although I've had the DEX for a couple of days, I've only had a chance to look at all the pretty parts. Hoping to start putting them together tonight.
Yes all the things that are mentioned in carlos's post except the tank tip work for the DEX8, i would really recommend taking the shims out of the center diff for both cars it made my diffs much freer!
Old 04-17-2015, 02:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Exactly

Originally Posted by av4625
Yes all the things that are mentioned in carlos's post except the tank tip work for the DEX8, i would really recommend taking the shims out of the center diff for both cars it made my diffs much freer!
Old 04-17-2015, 02:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I know i should be running the stock set up and gauge my performance from there.
but i'm not...lol
Going to be running Imbue V2 8 hole pistons, Novarossi 13T vented clutch bell, Reds Quattro Clutch, & Kyosho light blue springs front and rear. I will start out trying 7-5-4 for the diffs.
since i'm in arizona and the weather is warmer here..
Old 04-17-2015, 02:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazyfonseca
Exactly
I've added your comments to post #2 on this thread. Thankyou!

I'll try and keep ahead of constructive realworld experiences with this car that people post here. Lets make this a great thread

If you want me to update post 1 or 2, please PM me, I'd be happy to add stuff.

Hoping to build mine this weekend
Old 04-17-2015, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Guys, I have been running the car for a while now as i am also a pilot run user!

Carlos put up a lot of good tips/experiences with the car already.

I found while running the car that i preferred the durango blue shock o-rings the best for the smoothest shock action possible, the purple o-rings are also a good option that will last a little longer but wont be as smooth as the blue (Blue - TD330611 or Purple - TD330612), When i put the o-rings in the shocks i use some shock o-ring grease to make them even smoother.

When it comes to bleeding the shock i do this with the bladder in the cap and screw it on gently (when you have the amount of rebound set) to let the air and excess oil out! The best ways that i have found to run the caps is with the foam and with out the screw or my personal favourite is no foam and with the screw, but i would recommend trying both.

Another very useful setup option that i have found is the active caster, adding more active caster gives more off power and on power steering, i like to run 3 dots down!

Any questions feel free to ask!

Aaron
Old 04-17-2015, 05:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Guys, I have been running the car for a while now as i am also a pilot run user!

Carlos put up a lot of good tips/experiences with the car already.

I found while running the car that i preferred the durango blue shock o-rings the best for the smoothest shock action possible, the purple o-rings are also a good option that will last a little longer but wont be as smooth as the blue (Blue - TD330611 or Purple - TD330612), When i put the o-rings in the shocks i use some shock o-ring grease to make them even smoother.

When it comes to bleeding the shock i do this with the bladder in the cap and screw it on gently (when you have the amount of rebound set) to let the air and excess oil out! The best ways that i have found to run the caps is with the foam and with out the screw or my personal favourite is no foam and with the screw, but i would recommend trying both.

Another very useful setup option that i have found is the active caster, adding more active caster gives more off power and on power steering, i like to run 3 dots down!

Any questions feel free to ask!

Aaron
Great Advise man, I will look into trying this...
cool...
Old 04-17-2015, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Question about the rear toe in section of this setup help guide...

http://www.team-durango.com/pdf/setu...ips%20Card.pdf

The hinge pin hole is opposite the bar. So if the front bar is in and the rear bar out according to the chart, you should have 5 degrees of rear toe... BUT the holes would be actually out on the front and in on the rear in that scenario. Is the chart right or is it backwards (and should be referencing the hole position as opposed to the bar position)?
Old 04-18-2015, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rpboggs1
Question about the rear toe in section of this setup help guide...

http://www.team-durango.com/pdf/setu...ips%20Card.pdf

The hinge pin hole is opposite the bar. So if the front bar is in and the rear bar out according to the chart, you should have 5 degrees of rear toe... BUT the holes would be actually out on the front and in on the rear in that scenario. Is the chart right or is it backwards (and should be referencing the hole position as opposed to the bar position)?
Im a little confused as by what you mean, if the hole is closer to the center of the car in the front insert and further away from the center of the car in the rear insert this will be more rear toe in, if im not answering your question properly let me know!
Old 04-18-2015, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Im a little confused as by what you mean, if the hole is closer to the center of the car in the front insert and further away from the center of the car in the rear insert this will be more rear toe in, if im not answering your question properly let me know!
Thank you very much! That's what I thought. The chart referenced earlier talks about the position of the dot and bar markings on the inserts but it's backwards. The holes are opposite the markings. Must have been a preproduction chart.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

Originally Posted by tobamiester
Hint & Tips

From crazyfonseca:

a) Remove the 2 large shims from the centre diff to help make the diff mesh free’er and more relia

e) Car really works well as the base setup, but I found for easy driving that a thicker oil in the front diff might help. So, instead of 5k, 7k, 3k (front/center/rear) try 7k or 10k, 5k, 3k.
what exactly does going up on the front diff fluid do to the car
Old 04-19-2015, 09:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm getting ready to put fluid in the center diff, before i took the diff apart. I didn't really feel that much of a problem with the 2 big washers in the diff while i rotated it.
after a tank or 2 of fuel, everything will free up more anyways...
Old 04-19-2015, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcmania74
what exactly does going up on the front diff fluid do to the car
more on power steering and makes the car feel easier to drive but you will lose of power steering.

Originally Posted by H83R
I'm getting ready to put fluid in the center diff, before i took the diff apart. I didn't really feel that much of a problem with the 2 big washers in the diff while i rotated it.
after a tank or 2 of fuel, everything will free up more anyways...
I would recommend to take them out, they make the diff feel tighter after a few runs!
Old 04-19-2015, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Where are these "shims" .. i think of shims on the outside of the diff on the outdrives... are u talking inside the diff under the large crown gear? Maybe a picture because i didn't see any on my nitro and im about to build my ebuggy
Old 04-19-2015, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

I put a post on the ebuggy thread on taking that shim out...i think thats bad advice. .that "shim" pushes the oring into the recess and WITHOUT it that pin would also ride on that oring and tear it...other cars have this same set up..id not recommend taking those out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.