Search
Like Tree1Likes

Whats wrong with this* brand?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 11:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silo
Why is JQ considered a douche? I'ma newb and I got the RTR because it was cheaper than a D8S when I got it. I like JQ's confidence, he wants the make the hobby more accessible, and that's something it needs. He's also shown that he is flexible after saying he won't make a e-buggy and did. Yes, he's changed the car a lot but in the time that Durango/AE have taken on a prototype, he's released 3 cars. This hobby is filled with hardheaded people that don't want to change and adapt. He voices his opinion so that makes him a douche? You guys are so pretentious. If he is a douche, what does that make Kyosho or Xray...
He hates our country and everyone in it but he still wants our money! You are free to support whoever you want to. Nobody is attacking you.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

All this is peoples opinions that's all which most in here don't come close to pro level of driving or have clue how to set up a car.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jaz240
He hates our country and everyone in it but he still wants our money! You are free to support whoever you want to. Nobody is attacking you.
JQ hates the entire country of America and all 320 or so million people in it?.. He must have a lot of time and energy for all that hate. (unlike all the people who seem to get off on hating him... )

Somehow I doubt the veractiy of your statement....

I think what JQ has done - taking a different/his own route - is great. I might not buy his car but good on him for making his own go of it.. The wasted energy is the hating on him afaic..
Old 07-23-2014, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looks like someone got their panties in a twist since not everyone believes America is God's gift to the world. :rollseyes:

Herrsavage, didn't you know that anyone who criticizes America *must* hate 320 million people? It's common knowledge. /s
Old 07-23-2014, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

If an american were doing what JQ is doing at TLR or AE he would be praised like jesus....

"Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work." - Vince Lombardi
Old 07-23-2014, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

Come on guys. Back on topic please.
I thought there was some good responses and common themes companies could use to improve their products and support.

MODS - if we can't keep on topic please feel free to delete thread.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299
Come on guys. Back on topic please.
I thought there was some good responses and common themes companies could use to improve their products and support.

MODS - if we can't keep on topic please feel free to delete thread.
It was going well until people thought it was necessary for ad hominem attacks. Surprisingly civil until then.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

That escalated quickly. Wow. Was just poking fun at a few guys.
Should have just left it with the Kortz comment.
Let's get this thread back on track as it is an awesome idea.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:51 PM
JQ
Tech Master

Yes I hate it so much I spend 1/4 of my year there! I wish I didn't have to go every year, it sucks!
CurtG likes this.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:53 PM
Tech Champion

That irony I picked up on..
Old 07-23-2014, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I don't think there is anything wrong with any of the companies listed... but more so with the majority of people they are trying to sell to.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

OK, I'm not a NOOB (newb, neub, nube) but I am an amateur. I enjoy going to the track and racing with my friends. I've never won a race, not even close, and rarely even finish so I'm not really sure why I even mess with RC. It's expensive, time consuming and WAY more frustrating than golf ever was but it's F U N with a capital F, U and N. Here's my take from an amateurs POV.

These are the cars I've driven or have a comment about.

Associated - How could a company that big, blow it that bad? Fastest guy at our track runs an 8.2.

HB - Breaks when it gets cold.. a lot. Had to order parts or buy a parts cars for spares because of no local support when I had the HARA. Bought a used D812 and couldn't find bushings or other parts without going through EBAY.

Losi 2.0 - Liked it but it got loose quick. Tough as nails.

Mugen - Current Ride... OK, fuel tanks and routing are frustrating. setup is easy. The 6r is good for guys like me. Never broken anything... nothing.

Durango - Like it (drove another guys) but it had WAY to many setup options and looked complicated for an amateur so I never bought one.

Tekno - Seems to be the current rage at our track. Used to be Mugen's until the 7 came out.

My .02

Dennis
Old 07-23-2014, 01:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KThatcher
Agama - Losi type clone + Kortz is a homo

Associated - Insert K part here.

Durango - Over-engineered

Hot Bodies - Good car but lacks part support

JQ - Still working on it + JQ is a douche

Kyosho - Best car on market but spendy

Losi - Sloppy but good car

Mugen -Awesome car but chase setup for every track

SWORKz - Mugen clone with no part support

Tekno - meh looks ok

XRAY - have to check neo buggy every day to see if your car has been revised!
Ctfu
Old 07-23-2014, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Best thread on here
Old 07-23-2014, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I guess I can throw my 2 cents in here. I've had a good amount of cars over the years and have helped a ton of people with different brand cars.

Agama - Only personally driven the first rendition of the car (wasn't my own) and it felt a lot like a Losi car. Plastics were rather 2nd rate, but it drove pretty smooth. I'm sure the newer car is better.

Associated - Car is good in the right hands, but it is very dated and from what I understand, is almost impossible to even get a new kit if you wanted it. That and the hodge podge of K parts... they have their work cut out to save face in the 8th scale world.

Durango - Again, only drove some of the older DNX kits and was not wowed by it. Design was rather crazy looking and too involved. All those "big name" drivers signed originally and most all of them moved on. Lutz has stuck to it, but the car does resemble a Mugen now.

Hot Bodies - The dark horse of the bunch. Parts support lacks just about everywhere, but may be the most capable car in everyone's hands. It is cheap and you do get what you pay for. The plastic and metal components wear fast, but the car is quick and easy to drive.

JQ - The car never really picked up in my area. I drove a yellow edition car and it just felt sketchy and unstable on a smooth high bite track. That and the quality of the parts still looked sub-par. Maybe the white-edition is better?

Kyosho - Known as the "holy grail" in my area... or at least how the racers that own them call it. Most expensive of the bunch, but no parts support and I can't say the car is god's gift to 8th scale. It works, but does require setup work and you have to keep on top of it. And lately, I've seen the plastics wear quite quickly so maybe QC is lacking now?

Losi - New car is definitely better than the old one, but parts still wear as quick as the old ones. Metal parts especially. Parts support is very good and the car is tough, but like Mo said... there's a lack of tuning options that could really be used to make it better. The overall design has been around since 2006. Little dated if you ask me, but it still works.

Mugen - MBX6R to MBX7, I still believe the 6 was the quicker car. The 7 seems to be a little harder to get right. Again, a 6.5R might've been better. LOL. The metals are better than most brands on the market, but the cars do break. The plastics are unforgiving so you'll find yourself with a DNF if you land wrong on a wheel.

Serpent - Only drove the 1st rendition of the car and it was rather difficult to setup from track to track. Newer renditions are better. Parts support is pretty poor in my area and you don't see anyone really driving them. The plastics and metal are decent quality.

SWORKz - Never got to drive one, but saw a new car in person. Definitely a knock off of a Mugen, but parts quality is nowhere near Mugen. Looks nice new, but no idea how well it holds up. That and no parts support.

Tekno - Got to drive a friends car and it was pretty darn good. Tekno needs some real nitro drivers that travel to show what the car is capable of doing. From what I can tell, the car holds up well and is relatively easy to get parts.

XRAY - I won't lie... this is probably the best actual car on the market. Everyone that has gotten this car has gone quicker than previous cars they've owned and the quality is definitely there. Parts availability is pretty poor and pricing on spares is quite high. The car seems strong and metals hold up. Now if only they'd stick to a platform and do small updates rather than entirely new cars each year, but that's Hudy for ya.

Again, like everybody... just personal opinions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.