Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Whats wrong with this* brand?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Why the reason to bring up old thread that's all about opinion. It all comes down to driver mostly then the tires, setup, car
Old 09-19-2014, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
Why the reason to bring up old thread that's all about opinion. It all comes down to driver mostly then the tires, setup, car
I posted on this thread because I admired the idea and the amount of information available from experience and not advertising. Everyone has different experiences and preferences and I think there is value in sharing them.

In this thread, I see that some of my ideas and opinions are confirmed, and some of them are questioned.

There are many of us (beginners) who use the forums to get opinions and ideas from you seasoned guys. Many of us do not have every vehicle (or any at all, other then we purchase) available to test and try out.

I did notice that it had been about a month since the last post, but I did not think that put any of the information out of relevance.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ctsvls2
I posted on this thread because I admired the idea and the amount of information available from experience and not advertising. Everyone has different experiences and preferences and I think there is value in sharing them.

In this thread, I see that some of my ideas and opinions are confirmed, and some of them are questioned.

There are many of us (beginners) who use the forums to get opinions and ideas from you seasoned guys. Many of us do not have every vehicle (or any at all, other then we purchase) available to test and try out.

I did notice that it had been about a month since the last post, but I did not think that put any of the information out of relevance.
But it still comes down to opinion doesn't mean it the best. We can go on and on and on about this which is the best. Pick a car and learn from it on what adjustments do and how tires have hugh effect ond car handling. No matter what you buy it won't be the best
Old 09-19-2014, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
But it still comes down to opinion doesn't mean it the best. We can go on and on and on about this which is the best. Pick a car and learn from it on what adjustments do and how tires have hugh effect ond car handling. No matter what you buy it won't be the best
Oh, I see... Only YOUR opinion matters. And since there are 8 pages of people that disagree and believe there are actual and tangible differences in manufactures, materials, and design, they must all be crazy... or at least wrong.

For fact, the gentlemen that runs my local track is an on-road champion. He has driven many makes and models of cars on and off road. Before I got into this hobby, he was a die hard serpent guy. Back in January, he switched to Mugen and immediately became much more consistent and slightly faster lap for lap. Same driver, same tires, same setup know how and abilities.

Will Mugen be fastest for everyone? No. But for this gentleman and his driving style, it was faster than serpent.

There is a difference. There are truths in others experience.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

The way I see it, this thread was basically a market research exercise by Team Durango (through Lutz) to gauge people's ("the marketplace") perceptions regarding competitor's kits that are currently on the market - no doubt in lead-up to the new DNX8 kit being released that has taken forever to get to market.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

This has been said by many racers and will hold true until the end of time;
"What's best may not always be best for you"
Old 09-19-2014, 09:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

P.S... After 6 years on RC tech everyone is always 2 seconds a lap faster as soon as they buy a new buggy, myself included
Old 09-19-2014, 10:13 PM
Tech Champion

Oh, I see... Only YOUR opinion matters. And since there are 8 pages of people that disagree and believe there are actual and tangible differences in manufactures, materials, and design, they must all be crazy... or at least wrong.

For fact, the gentlemen that runs my local track is an on-road champion. He has driven many makes and models of cars on and off road. Before I got into this hobby, he was a die hard serpent guy. Back in January, he switched to Mugen and immediately became much more consistent and slightly faster lap for lap. Same driver, same tires, same setup know how and abilities.

Will Mugen be fastest for everyone? No. But for this gentleman and his driving style, it was faster than serpent.

What you're talking about is relative, not objectively true. I think a lot of people just respond well to change itself. There are so many variables..
Old 09-20-2014, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

WOW where did I say that CRAZY one. I call BS on I switched brands I went from B main to top of A main LOL. Unless you went from 20 yr buggy to current crop
Old 09-21-2014, 05:39 PM
Tech Initiate

From a different country again, i dont do a heap of laps due to work/family but iv owned or driven most. We dont have a lot of grip here on most of our tracks so my opinion may differ again

Agama, driven (buggy) Owned (Truggy) and was twitchy and felt narrow. Parts support here in NZ is pretty good but they do wear in the arms etc pretty quick

Associated, Owned 8.2, spent the extra to get the hop ups and try get it hooked up and was a POS in my opinion. I hated this buggy. Seemed durable as i crashed it a heap!

Durango, tried a 408t and didnt like the quality. No one seems to care about the tank issue and to me they are more interested in electric so would never try again

D812, never tried but a guy at the local track has his dialled in and looks good. No parts support whatsoever here and i try to support local so wouldnt buy just on that.

JQ, driven the YE and was fast on the smooth but from what i seen these looked pretty solid. Was really keen to try the WE but never got there yet.

Kyosho, currently own and by far the best kit out of the box with no hop ups or money to spend. Dont mind the price tag as its ready to rock. Touch wood never broke a part yet. Have 3 sets of arms in the toolbox getting dusty. Again i dont do heaps of laps due to time so for me it has little wear any way

Losi, driven the 3.0 and wasnt bad but hate losi slop. Have a 3.0t to try and parts support is great here in NZ. The 2.0t wore quickly even with little work

Mugen, owned heaps. Hate the 7 buggy, way too twitchy for my liking and loved the 6 buggy. Truggy i like

Serpent, had a 1.0 version and solid little buggy that drove like a tank. Some finish required. Felt heavy in the air? The Truggy i love. Super strong and fast. Support here in NZ is pretty good, hated those stupid bearings they used though.

Tekno, would love to try the truggy, may do so.

Xray, love building these and they are tough. Havent tried the xb8, hated the xb9 handling and quite a few guys struggled with them
Old 11-13-2016, 05:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

It's a good time to bump this thread: 2016 season is almost over, major manufactures released new gen. buggies, so its a lot of useful info could be posted here.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

for me anyway:

Kyosho - has been awesome, reliable, great handling, from the MP7.5 - MP777 - MP9 its been familiar, and I always felt like I could get it to handle great. Only con for me has been parts at times. Other than that I loved it.

Mugen - new ride since. I like it a bit more, as i feel i can drive it more aggresive. Prefer the Truggy (just my style). only downside for me is maintenance (I am a bit OCD) so the pillow ball front end is my pet peave, and coming from an On road background does not help. The switch to universals meant going from the regular 7 to the 7R meant hub and bearing spares were not fully compatible - but oh well... No parts breakage for me - knock on wood.

oh and on both... hate the wings and wing mounts they have not changed in forever (although supposedly the tki4 has a new one???)