Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The End of Nitro????

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Nitro sucks. The noise gives me a headache and the smell is just nauseating.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Tech Champion

And electric is like watching an action movie on mute.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
And electric is like watching an action movie on mute.
+1
Please dont bash on nitro if you dont like it, there are people who also dont like eletric and say nothing about it..
Old 06-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
If your a hobby shop owner and have a account with Byrons you need to buy a minimum of 8 cases. Pro driver 30% at 8 cases will cost $20.60 Per gal.Gets a little cheaper if 15 cases, then if you buy 30 or more cases it will cost you $19.75 a gal. and that is shipped price. Joe Smo can not get it at the price ...its for dealers only. Hey BYRONS WHY NOT OFFER THAT PRICE TO EVERYONE. Now i'm not saying its all Byron's fault or the hobby shop owners about the price, i'm sure hazmat adds much to the cost. But if the cost keeps climbing it will be foolish to run nitro. E buggy's are getting faster, better batteries, E buggy is moving forward....while nitro is ....shooting themselves in the foot. I hope this new gas motor works, I love the realism of nitro and think E class is lame, but if this gas motor don't pan out and they can't keep the price of nitro in check. E class will rule sooner then we think.
Do you know how a supply chain works? Should hobby shops pay the same price that a consumer is?
Old 06-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DRTMI
See, that's just where folks differ.....I love the sound of a properly tuned nitro motor.

The smell of burning nitro is also something I like, as long as I don't do something stupid like bend over to get something out of the pit bag, and stick my face near the exhaust right about the time my guy hits the gas the clear it out......that'll make your eyes water!

As far as nauseating, or giving someone a headache......you ever have the smoke cloud from a lipo fire come near you? THAT'S some volatile stuff!
Old 06-08-2014, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DRTMI
I don't agree with you. Well maybe you are smelling too close of the exhaust.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

IBTL....
Old 06-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I wonder what would net more runtime, $400 worth of nitro fuel, or 2 4s lipo batts. That's 16 gallons of fuel at $25/gal for easy math. My money is on the fuel, at least one of those batts will give up the ghost.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
I wonder what would net more runtime, $400 worth of nitro fuel, or 2 4s lipo batts. That's 16 gallons of fuel at $25/gal for easy math. My money is on the fuel, at least one of those batts will give up the ghost.
More than likely the speedo and motor in the car will need to be replaced as well as one or both of the batteries. Electric may be easier but people who think its less expensive are kidding themselves.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jaz240
More than likely the speedo and motor in the car will need to be replaced as well as one or both of the batteries. Electric may be easier but people who think its less expensive are kidding themselves.
Come on now....this thread is silly and definitely attracting a lot of people who obviously have know clue. For one I have years of nitro experience, with that said you would be lucky to get 16 gallons out of a nitro engine period and if it did last that long your performance wouldn't hold a candle to what is was after breakin. Two, I have speedos and lipos that have hundreds of cycles on them. Get your facts straight, because beyond popular belief, nitro and elec costs pretty much the same.

I LOVE NITRO AND ELEC. NITRO IN THE SUMMER AND ELEC IN THE WINTER. SOMETIMES I RUN BOTH IN THE SUMMER. THEY BOTH ROCK......PERIOD. Anybody who hates on what the other guy has either had a bad experience due to being a moron or is a douche bag.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GrimReminder
Come on now....this thread is silly and definitely attracting a lot of people who obviously have know clue. For one I have years of nitro experience, with that said you would be lucky to get 16 gallons out of a nitro engine period and if it did last that long your performance wouldn't hold a candle to what is was after breakin. Two, I have speedos and lipos that have hundreds of cycles on them. Get your facts straight, because beyond popular belief, nitro and elec costs pretty much the same.

I LOVE NITRO AND ELEC. NITRO IN THE SUMMER AND ELEC IN THE WINTER. SOMETIMES I RUN BOTH IN THE SUMMER. THEY BOTH ROCK......PERIOD. Anybody who hates on what the other guy has either had a bad experience due to being a moron or is a douche bag.
Apologies if my post seemed like hating. That was not intended. I respect people's wishes to run whatever they enjoy. I was only trying to point out that electric is not "a lot" cheaper than nitro. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the Hot Bodies D413. That buggy looks amazing and I've been a nitro guy for 15 years.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:34 AM
Tech Champion

I would race rc with solar panels if they were as fast as nitro and electric.. Honestly guys you should stop debating about which is better because it's totally subjective. I raced e-buggy for 4 years, now I'm racing nitro also and I like both for very different reasons. Running electric helps for nitro and the contrary is also true. If you really want to learn you try new things and don't waste your time and energy to bash a category, some drivers, a company or whatever.. that's just the expression of frustration. If you're happy in what you do you don't need to convince the others to do the same. Let people have fun how they want and do YOUR thing. If you can share it, it's even better.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
Wow $200 usd for a 4x cell battery..where do you shop? as you can buy them for 65usd each from Hobbyking ..also How many filters, glow plugs, clutches, bearings, fuel hose would you have also gone through in that time...not to mention how many worn out engines
Old 06-09-2014, 03:01 AM
Tech Champion

Who cares? This is the NITRO offroad thread. We like it. If you don't, go back to your basketweaving forum.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Who cares? This is the NITRO offroad thread. We like it. If you don't, go back to your basketweaving forum.

I dont have anything against Nitro and have a couple sitting here but when someone makes half assed comments it needs replying to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.