Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree150Likes

Xray XB8

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 06:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Vinny Cancilla
I just picked up a B sponsorship from rcamerica and I'm going to order 2 Xb8.'s. 1 would be converted to electric. I already have the Fx engine, which I absolutely love. What is the best starting Setup for low to medium bite tracks? I usually like the low bite setups on most other buggies. Are there any must have option parts that I would need to get. I would rather order everything now and build it with them from the start. Also, does the stock body fit for the ebuggy, or do I need to order a different body? Thanks guys. Sorry for all the questions
all ive done is put the longer truggy outdrives on the front, and added springs between the brake pads. might need to change the air filter too as it hits the top of brake cam shaft when the body is on. also i moved the throttle link to below the servo horn so it doesnt rub on the body
Old 05-09-2014, 06:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I just picked up a B sponsorship from rcamerica and I'm going to order 2 Xb8.'s. 1 would be converted to electric. I already have the Fx engine, which I absolutely love. What is the best starting Setup for low to medium bite tracks? I usually like the low bite setups on most other buggies. Are there any must have option parts that I would need to get. I would rather order everything now and build it with them from the start. Also, does the stock body fit for the ebuggy, or do I need to order a different body? Thanks guys. Sorry for all the questions
On the setup start with stock and then adjust from there. I ended up moving the caster clips all to the back to decrease caster and added a 2.2 rear swaybar. Everything else is stock. If you still need it more numb lay the front shocks down more on the tower.

On the e buggy I just swapped the parts from my converted xb9 2013 buggy to the xb8. It was seamless and a direct swap. The bodies are a different story. I always end up adding a m4 washer to make the front post higher, this helps a little. Here are what I have tried for bodies so far.
Xb9 2013 - did not work at all
Xb9 j concepts - better than stock (not the best looking body)
Xb9 2013 bitty - not bad but still tweaks the body with the batt pack
Xb9 2013 ftw night fox - best fit so far, batts still touch a little but best of the bunch.
I do not have the xb9 low downforce body (stock xb8) as I can't seem to get them back from the painter
I have not found a great option yet but then again this is in the wrong section...
Old 05-10-2014, 01:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nitro muz
all ive done is put the longer truggy outdrives on the front, and added springs between the brake pads. might need to change the air filter too as it hits the top of brake cam shaft when the body is on. also i moved the throttle link to below the servo horn so it doesnt rub on the body
mmh, my stock air filter is free & throttle linkage is below servo-horn as per manual, it´s no change.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gt racing
mmh, my stock air filter is free & throttle linkage is below servo-horn as per manual, it´s no change.
oh right just checked the manual lol, i guess i can try to rotate the filter a bit, as its wearing a bit from the brake cam shaft, when the body is on it pushes it down
Old 05-10-2014, 03:04 AM
Tech Adept

lol if i rotate the filter forwards it hits without the body on :|
Old 05-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

i shimmed up the front body post.. 5 or 6mm. so the body is still lower than the front cut out on the front tower.

the stock body fits. if your battery is spaced to the rear. if you space the battery forward.. it rubs..

also, when trimming the stock body, do NOT cut at the bottom trim lines. if you do, the body wont go low enough to cover the side guards.

also, use velcro on the sides.. it helps

This is on 4s, not sure bout 6s or whatever others are running..

inbox me your number.. i can text pics if needed..
Old 05-10-2014, 12:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 88forlife
TV Set up from dnc is a good starting point for med grip its what I started with its on this thread page 30ish maybe. All I have done myself is add more drop in the rear. As most hsve stated need to kno what car is doing and where it needs to be tuned.

My ? Is how did u get a 48t gear on there I tried and it hit chassis?

Im running a 45t losi till the 46 comes but I might not take the 45 off its working good
I thought it came with a 46t spur?
Old 05-10-2014, 04:46 PM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You need to use the truggy center diff plastics to fit the 48 tooth spur
Old 05-10-2014, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Well after trying just about every single brand this year I'm really digging the Xb8. Even had the Xb9e. Which did not have enough steering for me. I put TV's DNC set up on the xb8 from the start. Been to a few tracks already with it. I want for nothing. I put it down and drive it! Its very balanced, easy to drive. You can push it or run tight lines hugging the pipes. Car does exactly what u tell it to do!! She is a keeper! Now to build a ebuggy.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Ran today and the rear xb9 sway bars will work on the front with a slight bend on each side. They are a bit long but they work very well. Ended up with a 2.3 front and liked it a lot.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What's everyone's take on the 4 stripe rear springs?
Old 05-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

does anyone the exact measurements of the receiver battery tray? I know 85x30x17 will fit, but is that the exact size?
Old 05-11-2014, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Ran today and the rear xb9 sway bars will work on the front with a slight bend on each side. They are a bit long but they work very well. Ended up with a 2.3 front and liked it a lot.
Yeah I did the same. They have to be cut and bent. It sucks. What the f is the hold up with front sway bars?
Old 05-11-2014, 03:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

does anyone the exact measurements of the receiver battery tray? I know 85x30x17 will fit, but is that the exact size?
90x35x18mm, but note attached pic to see how i did measure dimensions.

In front of the tray there are two screw holes of size 4x4mm, so in practise the whole area 90x35 cannot be utilised, more like 86x35 or 90x27. Hope my explanation makes sense and didn't cause confusion...
Attached Thumbnails Xray XB8-img_20140511_133733.jpg  
Old 05-11-2014, 04:01 AM
Tech Adept

it may be worth noting that there is a tab on the lid that will reduce the width by maybe a couple of millimetres, depending on battery dimensions

edit, its on the long side of the lid i think the side furthest from the servo as picture above shows servo mount

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.