Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Dirt Nitro Challenge 2014

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

to late we all see you for what you are.
a troll
Old 02-24-2014, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I know exactly who you are Doogie. You used to be a fun guy to hang out with. Now your just a lonely grumpy old man taking Pot shots at people who used to do anything to help you. Chassis sponsor means car manufacturer not an aftermarket chassis guy. Avid and M2C make chassis also so should all their team drivers run pro class as well?
PFFFFTTTTT
James I have never hung out with you never , and u don't know me at all ! I am a man and have apologized and retracted my post , about a BCE chassie , sponsership not being a chassie sponsership at the DNC ,hope this settles your attacking of me ,have a nice day !
Old 02-24-2014, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc racer 103
James I have never hung out with you never , and u don't know me at all ! I am a man and have apologized and retracted my post , about a BCE chassie , sponsership not being a chassie sponsership at the DNC ,hope this settles your attacking of me ,have a nice day !
i would just want to point this out.. Chassis sponsorship is a term in reference to the manufacturer sponsorship...

just want to say that cause you keep saying at the DNC but its a figure of speech used in RC racing EVERYWHERE... having a BCE sponsorship is the same as having a proline sponsorship..
Old 02-24-2014, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kgombe
i would just want to point this out.. Chassis sponsorship is a term in reference to the manufacturer sponsorship...

just want to say that cause you keep saying at the DNC but its a figure of speech used in RC racing EVERYWHERE... having a BCE sponsorship is the same as having a proline sponsorship..
Noted ! Lol
Old 02-24-2014, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Thanks
The DNC is the best time I have ever had at a nitro track. Even the year I had another racer dump a handful of rock in my gallon of fuel and we toasted 3 speeds... Still a great time.
Frank
Thank you for the cigar
Old 02-24-2014, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

Not all the dorks in rc racing would "know" exactly the clarification of chassis sponsor, only the super dorks have it all down pat. It's not exactly crystal clear.
This is turning into a vajayjay p match
Old 02-24-2014, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Wow,

It's a bit toasty in here. Maybe Frosty is more accurate. Guess I missed a bunch of stuff this year. That's what happens when you ain't there, like you planned and kept up on things.

DNC:
First off, The guys (Joey, The Dirt crew, Kenny, and any others that have a hand in the running of the event) all do the best they can. Are they perfect? No. It's a monumental task to run that many entries for an event and have absolutely zero issues. A task that I would probably for sure fail miserably at trying myself. Sometimes things fall through the cracks so to say, but from my exp. at the event, they have done a real good job with trying to keep things as issue free as possible.

The rule in question as far as I know from the DNC events I have been to has always been in place. The enforcement of said rule is where I think things bring up heartache. To my knowledge, it hadn't been super enforced (though probably should have) in years prior. Sure there were some grumblings here and there, but nothing to the extent of a DQ. Well, there was JQ and his DQ, but that's a different rule and topic. So, most just accepted it as it was. Right or wrong, it's Joey's race and it is what it is. From what I have read thus far, this year it was decided to more strictly enforce the rule at some point prior the event, and for sure during the event. At that point, anyone that the rule might have impacted, should have known what the ruling would be if it was found out that the rule was broken. Ignorance is no excuse as they say. It would seem as there were some that made the decision to bump themselves up, albeit begrudgingly so, and some that did not. It's a personal decision and is what it is.

The stricter enforcement of the rule in question does open up a number of things that will need to be cleared up to prevent future issues. The biggest one being what the exact definition, as it will be applied to the DNC from here forward, of "Sponsorship" is and is not. Will it remain as interpreted to refer to only a Chassis Mfg. (AE, Mugen, Kyosho, Losi, you get the idea)? A percentage based thereof? Any and all Mfg.'s? Any percentage based thereof? It is clear that the current definition used is a bit out dated to a point, but where would you draw the line? I'm sure Joey and Co. will figure it out and things will work out. Sure it's not going to fit or work out for everyone, but that's the nature of the beast. Can't please everyone.

The other points of change mentioned:
There's some good ideas of whys to change things already posted. Don't know for sure if any "one" will be the magic change some may want to see. I'm thinking it may be a little of many ideas that could help solve the issue. Though it's highly unlikely that it will solve the issue forever. Racers don't always have the best memories. The next gen of racers may see things differently than that of the current racers. So, change will happen again. Seems to be the cycle.

Adding classes doesn't seem to help an already long race program, but could be an option. Going to one class for each does seem to make a lot of sense, as it's already in place and used at the ROAR Nats. Yet, I think if that option were to be used, other changes might need to be addressed, which could make the whole idea more trouble than it's worth. Only time will tell. I for one, am glad that I don't have to make the decision or have the headaches of trying to make the best decision of the options that are on the table, which none of them are the exact perfect one to take. I have faith that Joey and his crew will use a lot of Advil's in their quest. Change is coming for sure. To what extent, is anyone's guess at this point.

I do like the trophies for each main, not so much as a participation trophy, but as a award for a well earned main win or podium. Believe it or not, there was a time when racers were very happy to have their D main trophy/plaque, for some it was worth every bit as much as an A main one. In some classes that are that "stacked", it still could be used, but there are two main things that would render it useless. One being, no one really values a trophy or plaque for anything other than the A main. Anything else is most often referred to as participation awards, which may or may not be the case, but until the mindset of racers has changed to put a value on the other non A main awards, it just won't be accepted. Two being, and it's the bigger of the two, is the current Bump Up system that commonly used in Nitro racing. With the current Bump Up system in place, it'd be almost impossible to keep track of who should get what award and when. I'm sure there's some super smart MIT Math guru that could figure it all out, but I know I'm not that smart. Which is part of the reason why the awards for each main have been most often used in the non Bump Up Elec. events in the past. That's a change that I think no one really wants to see. So for that reason alone, the idea would not go over well or be as useful as it once was. I'm even seeing some of the bigger Elec. event adopting the Bump Up system for their event's, now that option is available for them to use. Or at the very least, it's an option that many racers are comfortable with them using.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I THINK ITS TIME FOR A QUOTE.....

".....ONLY IN AMERICA!"
Old 02-24-2014, 09:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by diamondracing
Frank
Thank you for the cigar
Anytime my friend.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Marshall
I agree Joe. As a hobby shop owner I see it every day. We have plenty of guys in our area that should not be sponsored. I get that some guys are great ambassadors for the hobby and they are sponsored on that basis. I don't see anything wrong with that. These companies that offer all of these 50 off deals actually get an even better deal for themselves then what you mentioned above. Not only do they sell directly to the public at what would be the hobby shop price but they also cut out the distributor and tax in that case saving another pretty big chunk in the process. It never made sense to me to sponsor someone that wasn't going to make your product look good though. Just as an example I would rather put my resources into supporting one guy like Mayfield, Cav, Tebo, Ty, Lutz then having an army of 200 Open level guys pretending they are pros. I guess everyone doesn't see it the same.
I agree with you big time. The manafactures are killing the classes and hobby stores. I was sponsored by mugen up till about 6 months ago and i had a 50% deal and along the way i found out it wasnt all what it was cracked up to be..The priceing on things were just a little cheaper the your LHS but the part that killed me was when i was paying to mugen almost the same price as the hobby store and when i wanted to run something different then a mugen part on my car i couldnt because i had a contract...In my honest opinion its better to run for yourself at a 50% deal so you can run what you want, not what your told...i think when the manafactures go to sponsor a driver it should be at a 100% deal because when you have a track and 50 drivers show up for practice and 40 of them are 50% sponsored drivers the track wont be there very long...A lot of drivers are sponsored for just the marketing aspect for that manafacture..

If i would have went to DNC and had to run pro i would have turned around and not wasted a week of my time. I will never be able to run with the top 20 drivers in the world so why would i be put in the same class as them. They practice on a daily basis and get paid to do so and are expected to put up some results.

A 50% drivers doesnt cost a manafacture money, infact they make money off of them still. Now at a 75% deal is when the manafactures are actually putting out money to support that driver at 75%...75% is where i think the pro class should start and not 50%...50% shouldnt even be offered because its killing the local hobby stores since they are getting handed out like lolly pops these days.

how can a 50% guy or a 75% guy keep up with a full 100% guy. Next time the 50% guys that have to run pro class and have to run up against Cav, Mayfield, Teysmann, Drake, Truhe, Lutz, etc. can just come by my house and drop off the money your going to blow during the week and just stay home.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:19 AM
Tech Master

Maybe next time instead of worrying about sponsorship they should seed the drivers over say there fastest 3 laps in a special seeding run during practice...what do we think about that?
Old 02-25-2014, 03:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

3 classes

Pro
Expert
Sportsman
Old 02-25-2014, 03:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

when I started in this hobby there wasn't a sportsman class,it was only the pro class.I don't see anything wrong with only running the one class.hand out awards for the top 3 in each main and call it done.If your in the Z main so be it,this hobby is supposed to be for fun anyway.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malcnz
Maybe next time instead of worrying about sponsorship they should seed the drivers over say there fastest 3 laps in a special seeding run during practice...what do we think about that?
they did seed them like that for quals... only thing is that they seed them by class not overall.. but the 3 lap seeding was done
Old 02-25-2014, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Personally, I would have run Pro Class and enjoyed the experience. I don't think anyone with a chassis sponsor should run open class at all. Even if you're just a good ambassador for the team you're on, you should still be good enough and confident in your abilities to run in a pro class.

I always put my buggy and truggy in the A Main at local club and regional races. There is no way I would have come close to the pro B or A at DNC but I wouldn't think for one second to run in Open class. No knock on the guys who did because some of them I know personally and they're good guys who made a bad choice to go against the rules.

Honestly, the racing is usually cleaner in Pro class vs. Open so I don't know why any sponsored guy would want to deal with that aspect. Just my opinion...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.