Search
Like Tree4Likes

Mugen MBX7T

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 04:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joeh5088
I think most servos are stepped up where the output shaft is which gives more clearance. You can put a spacer between the servo horn and output shaft if you need the servo horn to sit higher. Can you bend the front brake rod slightly so you get more clearance in the eyelet? I dont know about the mbx8 diff mount.
I haven't tried bending rod.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cardiak
So I tried shimming the top and bottom rod in every way possible and there's still a little binding against the eyelet on the bottom rod. My only guess now is to try the MBX8 diff mount and hope that the front brake cam is raised slightly to prevent the rod from binding or to get the non offset version of the Hudy servo horn.

Is the rubbing/binding enough that it affects the operation?
Old 07-22-2018, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jmackani

Is the rubbing/binding enough that it affects the operation?
No. It feels smooth. It's just that I don't know if it will affect my servo in the long run. Also, what spacer would you recommend?

Last edited by Cardiak; 07-22-2018 at 08:29 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Muge2227?

Looking if anyone knows where to find a replacement frt/rear drive shaft? Muge2227
thanks
Old 07-23-2018, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

No. It feels smooth. It's just that I don't know if it will affect my servo in the long run. Also, what spacer would you recommend?
from the photo it does not appear you have enough clearance with the top of the servo to add the spacer.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

from the photo it does not appear you have enough clearance with the top of the servo to add the spacer.
Just out of curiosity, what spacer would I use? I'm willing to try anything to keep the horn from having any play.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:22 PM
Tech Champion

Just out of curiosity, what spacer would I use? I'm willing to try anything to keep the horn from having any play.
You could start with the .5 thick one shown in the manual on the drawing that I posted on the previous page. The real question is are you using the mugen plastic parts or are you using the xray ones that you mentioned back in January when dgrobe told you that you would probably have to shim the brake differently?
Old 07-24-2018, 12:41 PM
Tech Addict

You could start with the .5 thick one shown in the manual on the drawing that I posted on the previous page. The real question is are you using the mugen plastic parts or are you using the xray ones that you mentioned back in January when dgrobe told you that you would probably have to shim the brake differently?
I used the Mugen setup and had the same issue which is why I think it's due to the servo itself. Also, the spacer you're referring to isn't the one that would go around the spline?
Old 07-24-2018, 01:32 PM
Tech Champion

I used the Mugen setup and had the same issue which is why I think it's due to the servo itself. Also, the spacer you're referring to isn't the one that would go around the spline?
No the spline one is more like a bushing. There is another washer shown in that image that each screw goes through first that should create enough space.

I do not believe you really need the aluminum throttle horn. Steering yes, throttle not so much. We have never had a failure or problems with the stock one and we race almost every weekend.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

No the spline one is more like a bushing. There is another washer shown in that image that each screw goes through first that should create enough space.

I do not believe you really need the aluminum throttle horn. Steering yes, throttle not so much. We have never had a failure or problems with the stock one and we race almost every weekend.
Yeah, I'm using a .5mm washer under the screw. It still doesn't help correct the angle that the rod is at no matter if I try using one or two of them. Even using the stock Mugen linkage, the bottom rod is angled and makes contact with the top of the eylet on the cam. I'm wondering if using the mbx8 center mount will correct that problem.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah, I'm using a .5mm washer under the screw. It still doesn't help correct the angle that the rod is at no matter if I try using one or two of them. Even using the stock Mugen linkage, the bottom rod is angled and makes contact with the top of the eylet on the cam. I'm wondering if using the mbx8 center mount will correct that problem.
I doubt the mbx8 will change it. On my sons mbx8 the bottom link is angled up and the top link is angled down. I think you may be over concerned about this.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:20 PM
Tech Champion

Maifield buggy
The rod is snug against the eyelet once I set the servo horn on the spline.
From the looks of this photo, if the horn is fully on, I see two possible things. First you could move the eyelet closer towards the spur. Second is the set screw holding the spacers on the other side of the linkage. You may to rotate those to keep from hitting anything. Maifield ran the same servo in his buggy also.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:42 PM
Tech Addict

I doubt the mbx8 will change it. On my sons mbx8 the bottom link is angled up and the top link is angled down. I think you may be over concerned about this.
Yeah. Maybe I'm just being over concerned. Do you have a link to the bushing/washer for the servo spline? I'm trying to find one and I'm having a hard time.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:26 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah. Maybe I'm just being over concerned. Do you have a link to the bushing/washer for the servo spline? I'm trying to find one and I'm having a hard time.
E2805 Throttle Linkage Parts: X8, X7 - Mugen Seiki Racing
Old 07-25-2018, 10:28 PM
Tech Addict

There's no spacer that fits on the spline in the stock kit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.