Wiki Posts
Search

CSI PRO CLICKER SERIES SHOCKS

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CRP
Correct. This is a business, and these guys are paid to represent their company's and sell parts. It's the old saying "Win on Sunday, Sale on Monday." The only way you will see a top driver running CSI shocks is if we pay him and provide all his equipment. We knew this before making the decision to manufacture these shocks, but felt there is a market for guys that like top notch products that are Made In The USA and good customer service.
..So Associated Drivers that run Kyosho Shocks or Durango Drivers that run Mugen Parts are Paid to???...

I guarantee if any people thought that running your massively over priced shock will help them to a podium Victory they would be running them..Period..

As far as the "exceptional service" comment..Of course you can provide exceptional service because there is nobody running these..What a total of 6 replys on here.....
Im sure you phones are ringing off the hook as you read this..

Just check your local race track ANYWHERE in the US and Abroad and I guarantee you shall find No One running these over priced shocks..

I also guarantee that..you csi will be gone from selling shocks just like Gil Grissom is gone from the Original CSI in less than 2 Years....

your over exorbitant approach to a HOBBY is sincerely a joke...
Old 08-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

douche bag alert!! ^^ Hide Ya Kidz!!
Old 08-07-2013, 03:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrokiller123
douche bag alert!! ^^ Hide Ya Kidz!!
Yeah, those of us in the "know" are aware of who he really is....the fact he has to have multiple screen names because he is afraid to have his identity known is a joke.

CSI make great products. Just because you can't afford them "Neo" doesn't mean you can slam them.....
Old 08-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

His name says it all. a Neophyte is a newby or beginner...recent convert, usually to a new religion. Go pray for a brain and some personality will ya? Dont have the clickers, but do run the pistons and love them. CSI is good people.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Where is a moderator when you need him....
Old 08-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Anyone try to put these on a Serpent 1.0 yet? Or 2.0
Old 08-08-2013, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hookem34
Yeah, those of us in the "know" are aware of who he really is....the fact he has to have multiple screen names because he is afraid to have his identity known is a joke.

CSI make great products. Just because you can't afford them "Neo" doesn't mean you can slam them.....

I figured thats who it was...I guess it was just a lucky guess on my part LOL !
Old 08-08-2013, 10:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I will say this much about them:

1) I have not driven them, so I don't know how they compare to what's already out there.
BUT
2) at PNB this year, I went in CSI's trailer, stuck around for about an hour talking to Garrett about the engineering behind the Dyno and the shocks themselves (Im an senior mechanical engineering student, so for me it was some awesome stuff)... Some notes from what I saw/felt:

- The machining tolerances are TIGHT. and I mean TIIIIGHT in there. It's incredible. The shock shaft has NO wobble, even when fully extended.
-They are SILKY smooth.
-Build quality is great, the laser etching, the clickers, etc. All great stuff.

Now, will they make ME faster? probably not, Im not that level of a driver, so I can't say.

My Mugen shocks are amazing. I have literally built them twice in 6 months of weekly racing, and both times the oil was as clear as new and they were still full with the same rebound as built. They didn't change at all in the three month build intervals.

So for me personally, I have no reason to shell the 300 bucks. At least not in my mind. But I know there are guys out there who will appreciate the shocks and what it can do for them if they are at a higher level.

For those of you who keep coming on here dogging the products and their price range: first, you're probably angry that you can't afford it, second, if you have not run them yourself, what in the world are you talking about? "I saw them at my local track and they looked like"..... STFU.... you dayum fool. Drive them and then comment.

my .02
Old 08-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrokiller123
I will say this much about them:

1) I have not driven them, so I don't know how they compare to what's already out there.
BUT
2) at PNB this year, I went in CSI's trailer, stuck around for about an hour talking to Garrett about the engineering behind the Dyno and the shocks themselves (Im an senior mechanical engineering student, so for me it was some awesome stuff)... Some notes from what I saw/felt:

- The machining tolerances are TIGHT. and I mean TIIIIGHT in there. It's incredible. The shock shaft has NO wobble, even when fully extended.
-They are SILKY smooth.
-Build quality is great, the laser etching, the clickers, etc. All great stuff.

Now, will they make ME faster? probably not, Im not that level of a driver, so I can't say.

My Mugen shocks are amazing. I have literally built them twice in 6 months of weekly racing, and both times the oil was as clear as new and they were still full with the same rebound as built. They didn't change at all in the three month build intervals.

So for me personally, I have no reason to shell the 300 bucks. At least not in my mind. But I know there are guys out there who will appreciate the shocks and what it can do for them if they are at a higher level.

For those of you who keep coming on here dogging the products and their price range: first, you're probably angry that you can't afford it, second, if you have not run them yourself, what in the world are you talking about? "I saw them at my local track and they looked like"..... STFU.... you dayum fool. Drive them and then comment.

my .02

Good post!

I have been running the shocks since PNB. We found a few areas that the shocks needed to be improved and Eric and Garrett worked quickly to provide a solution.

I couldn't be happier with my shock setup at the moment. I rebuilt my shocks on my nitro buggy a week before AMS and club raced that weekend then ran AMS and have several practice days plus Bring The Heat on the shocks without changing oils or even taking the caps off. I'm kinda doing a test just to see how long I can run with the same oils before I see a decline in performance. The shocks do not leak a drop of oil, running boots is an option as you do not have dirt sticking to the shaft and blowing the seals.

I have a set on my ECO and MBX7 and both of my cars feel great.

Once you get your spring rate and dampening working together this shock performs flawless.

If anyone needs any help with their shock setup I would be glad to help.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Maxxed I also run these shocks on my MBX7 and I'm just curious to know your current shock setup...
Old 08-10-2013, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by trimble
Maxxed I also run these shocks on my MBX7 and I'm just curious to know your current shock setup...
Red delrin pistons, 60/50 losi, all blue bladders, black o-rings, 9.25f/10.5r springs.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Maxxed-out
Red delrin pistons, 60/50 losi, all blue bladders, black o-rings, 9.25f/10.5r springs.
You're running this setup with the pro clicker shocks or the stock mugen shocks?
Old 08-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Tech Addict

You're running this setup with the pro clicker shocks or the stock mugen shocks?
Clickers
Old 08-11-2013, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Are the delrin pistons direct drop ins?
Old 08-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Tech Addict

Are the delrin pistons direct drop ins?
Yep, just order the Kyosho V ports because they are 16mm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.