Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CSI PRO CLICKER SERIES SHOCKS

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Those running the MBX6 ECO I've done several test and have found with the clickers and the aluminum piston that 45/42.5 is a great starting point.

Mark
Old 08-11-2013, 07:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by nitrokiller123
I will say this much about them:

1) I have not driven them, so I don't know how they compare to what's already out there.
BUT
2) at PNB this year, I went in CSI's trailer, stuck around for about an hour talking to Garrett about the engineering behind the Dyno and the shocks themselves (Im an senior mechanical engineering student, so for me it was some awesome stuff)... Some notes from what I saw/felt:

- The machining tolerances are TIGHT. and I mean TIIIIGHT in there. It's incredible. The shock shaft has NO wobble, even when fully extended.
-They are SILKY smooth.
-Build quality is great, the laser etching, the clickers, etc. All great stuff.

Now, will they make ME faster? probably not, Im not that level of a driver, so I can't say.

My Mugen shocks are amazing. I have literally built them twice in 6 months of weekly racing, and both times the oil was as clear as new and they were still full with the same rebound as built. They didn't change at all in the three month build intervals.

So for me personally, I have no reason to shell the 300 bucks. At least not in my mind. But I know there are guys out there who will appreciate the shocks and what it can do for them if they are at a higher level.

For those of you who keep coming on here dogging the products and their price range: first, you're probably angry that you can't afford it, second, if you have not run them yourself, what in the world are you talking about? "I saw them at my local track and they looked like"..... STFU.... you dayum fool. Drive them and then comment.

my .02
Thank you for the kind words. We have put a lot of time and energy into this product. When the project started we could have cut some corners and made them more affordable, we chose not to. That is not what our company is about, we have always felt if we engineered and manufactured the best possible product no matter the cost people who want to win will buy it. Engineering and high quality manufacturing takes lots of time and costs lots of money. We understood the risks, and knew our market would be limited building the shocks this way. For the enthusiast that can't afford the "Clicker" shocks we offer the pistons individually. The piston alone will enhance will enhance the performance of your stock shocks. For the individuals who have used the product and provided feedback, we truly appreciate it. We entered this market because we have a true passion for it, not because we thought we could make a quick buck.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Hey eric/gareth,

Question on the Clickers. I have a set for ae 8.2. Would the blue aluminum piston fit the stock ae shock shaft and vice versa? Or is there a different delrin piston for the clickers? I want to try my old csi pistons on the clicker would they fit? I like running heavier oils which the old csi piston offers. I feels its more consistent.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maxxed-out
Red delrin pistons, 60/50 losi, all blue bladders, black o-rings, 9.25f/10.5r springs.
Hi, just interested to know,
The black o-rings, are they a new option compared to the orange ones?

Also are you running this setup with or without the CSI boots.
I take it the red derlin pistons are more suitable for a rougher track setup compared to the standard blue pistons that come with the clicker shocks?

Cheers.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bucky1
Hi, just interested to know,
The black o-rings, are they a new option compared to the orange ones?

Also are you running this setup with or without the CSI boots.
I take it the red derlin pistons are more suitable for a rougher track setup compared to the standard blue pistons that come with the clicker shocks?

Cheers.
Yes the black O-rings are a new option.

I run the boots but cut the bottom off right after the "spring section" of the boot. I run them on my nitro to keep the excess fuel from sticking to the shaft and collecting dirt. I am not running boots on my ECO.

The red pistons are for rougher tracks but I run them on our smooth indoor blue groove track and I love them. It may not be for everyone, but I just like the way they feel to me. I drive pretty hard and I feel like the reds settle my car a little better.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by oggietiu
Hey eric/gareth,

Question on the Clickers. I have a set for ae 8.2. Would the blue aluminum piston fit the stock ae shock shaft and vice versa? Or is there a different delrin piston for the clickers? I want to try my old csi pistons on the clicker would they fit? I like running heavier oils which the old csi piston offers. I feels its more consistent.
AE is 16mm, correct? If yes then they should work in the Clicker... There is only one way to find out....

Let us know if it works.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:19 AM
CRP
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by oggietiu
Hey eric/gareth,

Yes, the old 16mm CSI Optimum flow pistons will work. If you want to use a higher flowing piston I would recommend the New V-Ports (Red).
Old 08-14-2013, 01:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by CRP
Yes, the old 16mm CSI Optimum flow pistons will work. If you want to use a higher flowing piston I would recommend the New V-Ports (Red).
Yes I have those too. On the V ports, You run Lighter Oils right compared with the V2 Red?
Old 08-14-2013, 04:52 AM
Tech Addict

Yes, a good starting point would be 60/50 using the red vport.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

This for buggy? What's a good start point for truggy using the vport
Old 08-14-2013, 05:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kgombe
This for buggy? What's a good start point for truggy using the vport
For the clickers or stock shocks?
Old 08-14-2013, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Maxxed-out
For the clickers or stock shocks?
Stock... Can you give for blue and red pistons... Thx

If you can, in cst rating would be cool...
Old 08-14-2013, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kgombe
Stock... Can you give for blue and red pistons... Thx

If you can, in cst rating would be cool...
Red Vport in truggy around 60/50 or 70/60 if temps are high.

Blue Vport 45/40 or 50/45 for high temps.

Link to PT RC Racing WT-CST conversion
Old 08-14-2013, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Those are the same on the website and are away to soft.. So assume those are for buggy..

Thx anyway
Old 08-14-2013, 07:33 AM
Tech Addict

Too soft on the bench or on the track?

Spring rate, driving style, track condition, & temperature will also be a factor when choosing oils so what may work for me may not work for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.